Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

lol figures. i wonder if they will do preorders for the SGN

I'm sure they will. But I wouldn't waste your time putting your email in there to learn more lol. Just call your local Verizon and see what's up. That's what I did for the Thunderbolt and they held one for me on release day.

quick question. when i get my new phone how do i get all my apps that i downloaded/bought on my old phone over to my new phone?

i'm trying to find the quickest/easiest way to back up all my apps but don't know how

I believe once you sign into the Android Market they should all be under your My Apps to reinstall.

I believe once you sign into the Android Market they should all be under your My Apps to reinstall.

can anyone confirm this?

if true, then all i have to do is back up all my pictures and movies?

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 01:55 PM ----------

off topic, but has anyone had luck with breaking a cell phone contract early? my g/f needs help getting out of her 2 year t mobile contract to come to verizon

for those who know, is 4g really worth it?? i went to a verizon store at lunch and played around with the thunderbolt's browser on the 4g network and while it seemed fast, it didn't seem that much faster than my Incredible's browser. Maybe it really was a lot faster but since I wasn't comparing it side by side to my Incredible I didn't realize how much faster it is than 3G

for those who know, is 4g really worth it?? i went to a verizon store at lunch and played around with the thunderbolt's browser on the 4g network and while it seemed fast, it didn't seem that much faster than my Incredible's browser. Maybe it really was a lot faster but since I wasn't comparing it side by side to my Incredible I didn't realize how much faster it is than 3G

I've noticed faster speeds when buffering video and downloading apps and stuff. The thing with 4G is why would you not want a 4G when it doesn't cost anything extra for 4G? 4G is only going to keep expanding and getting better so it just makes sense to get a 4G phone.

can anyone confirm this?

if true, then all i have to do is back up all my pictures and movies?

yes. If you are coming from an android phone, when you first use your new phone it will ask you for your email address. When you put that in, it knows all the apps you've downloaded from Android Marketplace. You then would go into Android Market and have a list of all the apps you downloaded on your old phone.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point in time its not worth the hype its given. One day its going to totally replace 3g, but that day certainly isnt within the next year, and most likely not in the next 2. Its faster then 3g no doubt, but not by as much as people like to hype it. Not to mention that once more and more phones begin using it the network will no doubt slow down a bit. I wouldnt not buy a phone because it doesnt have 4g, because honestly i spend 90% of my time on Wifi anyway. Wifi is everywhere, schools, apartment complexes, ice cream shops, hotels, you name it.

Lol, it's not Vaporware. This is a Google phone.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

At this point in time its not worth the hype its given. One day its going to totally replace 3g, but that day certainly isnt within the next year, and most likely not in the next 2. Its faster then 3g no doubt, but not by as much as people like to hype it. Not to mention that once more and more phones begin using it the network will no doubt slow down a bit. I wouldnt not buy a phone because it doesnt have 4g, because honestly i spend 90% of my time on Wifi anyway. Wifi is everywhere, schools, apartment complexes, ice cream shops, hotels, you name it.

Maybe Sprint's garbage WiMax or ATT's HSPA+ (being upgraded to LTE)...Verizon's LTE 4G is blazing fast and there is a noticeable different.

okay if this turns out to be vaporware (for verizon's network) i'll be very pissed

:ols: vaporware is just a term that means a product that is supposed to come out but never does and just seems to disappear. I doubt this is actually vaporware since it is already out in other countries. I just don't get what the deal is with Verizon. Why would they be waiting this long? I've been waiting for this thing for a while now since I'm up for a phone discount with my Verizon contract. Frustrating.

Right, I've been waiting for this so I can look at it next to the Razr and ReZound all at once. From what I read on the Android blogs, some folks think Verizon pushed it back because of the big Razr campaign, didn't want to compete with themselves over impulse buyers. Also hearing Dec 8th as the day. I think the Droid 4 comes out that day too.

Lol, it's not Vaporware. This is a Google phone.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Maybe Sprint's garbage WiMax or ATT's HSPA+ (being upgraded to LTE)...Verizon's LTE 4G is blazing fast and there is a noticeable different.

WiMax is true 4G and it's really been around for a while and in wireless networking should be the next big thing. I have LTE and regularly get speeds greater than 15mbps. That's crazy. It doesn't do you a whole lot of good when surfing because you still get bottlenecked with the actual device hardware. But for downloading, it's pretty fast.

When I first got my Thunderbolt there was little 4G service (back in March) but now I routinely get the 4G service around cities. DC area is pretty well covered.

Archived