Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

I just got mine from the VZ store near me and so far I love it. I'm still messing with it to get used to everything but the features are great, its extremely fast, voice to text works surprisingly well, the screen is a beauty, and it really feels good; the design is great. I agree with SkinInsite: it really does feel much better than the Razr when you're holding it. It is pretty big but no bigger than the Razr or S2 and I'm pretty comfortable holding it in one hand and flipping through screens. The 4G is crazy fast as well.

I really wanted to like this phone. Went to the store today to pick one up and just couldn't pull the trigger. Felt way too cheap. The back panel on it was just killing me.

The way the back panel comes off is a bit funky, but personally I don't think it feels cheap at all. It isn't as metal feeling as the Razr but then again I really didn't like the feel of the Razr in my hand. Personal preference I suppose.

dude i don't know what to tell you. i don't expect my phone to be built like a rolex and this phone feels far from cheap. the backing doesn't feel like plastic at all. go with an iphone i guess

---------- Post added December-15th-2011 at 02:35 PM ----------

also, can anyone inform me the quickest and easiest way to get the apps from my old phone to the gnex? shouldn't they be backed up somewhere? thats what i was told anyways..

Just got mine this afternoon. First impression: awesome! One question though for those of you who got it: Is there no indication light for when it's charging or for when you have a notification? I can't seem to find it....

Nevermind, it blinks down at the bottom near where the charger goes in for notifications. I don't think that it shows a light for when it's charging though.

Thanks to all of you for your reviews. I did some figuring for my Verizon plans and I think I can actually save money. Right now I have an LG Chocolate Touch on 1 line and a MIFI on the other line the plan of which ran out so at some point they are going to just move me to something else. The MIFI is my hotspot. Does anyone use the hotspot feature on their smartphone if they have one? Looking for Verizon planners of course. I really like the MIFI though, works like a champ on 3G for my laptop.

dude i don't know what to tell you. i don't expect my phone to be built like a rolex and this phone feels far from cheap. the backing doesn't feel like plastic at all. go with an iphone i guess

If I'm spending $300 on a phone I'd like to think I'm getting a quality piece of equipment. The build quality on this, especially compared to the other major releases recently (iPhone, Razr, Rezound), just isn't at the same level. I'm glad you like your phone, but for me it was a great disappointment from a phone that's supposed to be a high end offering (the galaxy series).

Thanks to all of you for your reviews. I did some figuring for my Verizon plans and I think I can actually save money. Right now I have an LG Chocolate Touch on 1 line and a MIFI on the other line the plan of which ran out so at some point they are going to just move me to something else. The MIFI is my hotspot. Does anyone use the hotspot feature on their smartphone if they have one? Looking for Verizon planners of course. I really like the MIFI though, works like a champ on 3G for my laptop.

I've never used my phone as a hotspot. it's extra every month.

I've never used my phone as a hotspot. it's extra every month.

I am paying for 2 lines, one is the MIFI hotspot with mobile broadband, so I'll drop that line and get the combined data/mobile broadband on the smartphone (I have a data package on my current phone too). I travel for my work and need a secure hotspot (not public ones like in coffeeshops etc.), so I'll end up saving some money. Also, I'll drop my plan minutes to something more reasonable since most everyone I know is has Verizon with the unlimited M2M calls.

Archived