Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th

Slacky McSlackAss

On Oct 7th through ATT. My girl ordered the same day and got her confirmation today...I checked the tracking website they provided, but my order hasn't been updated since the 8th. NBD if I wait a few extra days, though. I think I'll manage...

Might want to call them up. I know all the preorders are sold out and the iPhones are now 3-4 weeks out.

Hmm, probably a good idea. I saw that I was charged a few days ago, so I had assumed that everything was well and good. ATT better stop playing with me...

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 06:01 PM ----------

Well, it looks like my phone got backordered...maybe I ordered an hour too late last Friday? Pretty annoying...wish I was notified about it.

Turns out that even though I ordered on 10/7, the terms and conditions of my contract weren't accepted until the 8th...so I will have to wait an extra 2-3 weeks to get mine. Did this happen to anyone else?

I got my confirmation e-mail at 9:17 on Friday morning...was I late in ordering?

Can I walk into a Verizon store first thing tomorrow and get one?

Blackberry finally pissed me off. I am done with them.

If by first thing you mean get in line between 5-6am at some places, then sure. Seriously though, I always hear about people just walking into places on iPhone launch day and snagging one. If you can find a smaller retailer like a radioshack for instance, that might be your best bet. Good luck.

If by first thing you mean get in line between 5-6am at some places, then sure. Seriously though, I always hear about people just walking into places on iPhone launch day and snagging one. If you can find a smaller retailer like a radioshack for instance, that might be your best bet. Good luck.

I have Verizon. I guess my question is, are all the stores, or the bigger stores getting some limited quantity tomorrow?

If so are we talkin 1, 10, 100?

I have Verizon. I guess my question is, are all the stores, or the bigger stores getting some limited quantity tomorrow?

Yea they will get a quantity for reserves/pre-orders, and a separate limited quantity for walk-ins. The second quantity varies and I know that in the past, stores like Best Buy and the Apple store will hand out tickets to those who get in line in the early AM, much like black Friday.

Like I said, every year I see plenty of stories of people who just walk in on their lunch break to wireless stores, radioshack, etc...It's worth a shot, especially if you're affected by the Blackberry outage nonsense.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 05:36 PM ----------

i think if you want Verizon, try to find a Verizon Wireless store that's off the beaten path and maybe not quite in a metro area. It's definitely doable to come out with a 4S tomorrow. Let us know how it works out.

2 other places to check: Target and Sams club if you're a member. I would especially try Target. I don't think everyone thinks of Target as a place to buy an iphone.

yall could have just avoided the hassle by pre-ordering. I was on another forum, and there were pics of people ALREADY lined up for the phones.

*Off subject, but do any retailers carry the Otterbox case in store?

I'm pretty sure most of us did pre order. I'm willing to wait a couple extra hours for UPS to show up instead of waiting in line all day.

I'm pretty sure most of us did pre order. I'm willing to wait a couple extra hours for UPS to show up instead of waiting in line all day.

Well if it was overnight shipping it should arrive before noon. Verizon gave free shipping, not sure if it is rush overnight or just 1-day shipping.

No problem getting my Verizon iPhone as a walk in customer today. As a matter of fact, I bought two. One for me and one for my daughter.

Annapolis Harbor Verizon Wireless story had "plenty" in stock according to the manager. Black, white, any size.

glad to see you were able to get one (two)

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

i've been reading it's just hit or miss like normal. some people are reporting shortages, others are reporting surplus

Archived