Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th

Slacky McSlackAss

My other reason for buying the iPhone is that my current iPod Touch (2nd Gen) is having issues with the headphone port. Now I know that all phones have an MP3 player, but being able to sync my iTunes with my phone wireless is a big thing for me. It allows me to not have to carry 2 devices with me when driving, so I'll be preordering a 32GB iPhone 4S on Friday.

Yeah, I'm trying to phase out my MP3 player also. I'll probably get the Rhapsody app.

My only issue with that I use my phone a lot while driving, and a lot of the area near my house has very low cell coverage. Barely enough to make a call, not nearly enough for data download. Plus, you lose a good bit of sound quality with it meaning I'd be wasting the nice sound system in my car.

I think I've only ever lost the coverage for it once. I don't notice a difference in sound quality either and I have a nice sound system in my car.

I think you lose a little sound quality streaming on your phone but nothing I can really notice. I use pandora and my google music in my car via bluetooth on my car unit. Works really well and when my car Nav cuts in, it pauses the music and picks up after the Nav lady shuts up.

The iPhone 4S Is Microsoft’s Chance to Catch up to Apple

http://gizmodo.com/5846929/the-iphone-4s-is-microsofts-chance-to-catch-up-to-apple

The iPhone 4S is a nice phone. But most people think it's a disappointment. After all, it comes in last years' skin, and its guts aren't radically amazing. It's nothing special. And that means it's Microsoft's chance to counterattack.

I say Microsoft because Android is still a mixed bag of hurt and ugly—a lemonparty. Its hardware is competitive and the OS is highly customizable, but it's still just a me-too option full of inconsistencies.

Right now, Microsoft's awesome Metro user experience is the only real alternative to Apple's dominance. Not in market share—yet—but in terms of technological superiority. FAF, if you will, the ****ing-Awesome Factor. To me, Windows Phone 7.5 feels like the only real challenger to Apple's iOS 5 superiority.

This might be a stupid question.. But I'm not exactly into the whole phone thing.. I did buy the Iphone 4 but that was for Internet, Camera/Video, and Itunes purposes.

I saw where Iphones sell for ridiculous prices on Ebay.. If a person was going to renew their plan anyeay... Why not get an Iphone 5 for 300 bucks w/the plan and sell it on Ebay for $1000 (probably more) and pretty much get another phone and make some money while they're at it or just pocket the cash? Or am I just completely missing something here?

This might be a stupid question.. But I'm not exactly into the whole phone thing.. I did buy the Iphone 4 but that was for Internet, Camera/Video, and Itunes purposes.

I saw where Iphones sell for ridiculous prices on Ebay.. If a person was going to renew their plan anyeay... Why not get an Iphone 5 for 300 bucks w/the plan and sell it on Ebay for $1000 (probably more) and pretty much get another phone and make some money while they're at it or just pocket the cash? Or am I just completely missing something here?

The problem is that if you sell your phone, you have to buy another phone at full retail price. So yes you could make money off selling the phone, but its going to cost more than $300 to get that same phone back.

This is what I am planning. I am due for an upgrade I sell the 4s for 1k and I can buy an ole used 4 for 200. I still make around 500 dollars.

The problem is that if you sell your phone, you have to buy another phone at full retail price. So yes you could make money off selling the phone, but its going to cost more than $300 to get that same phone back.

Right.. But with some of the prices that I have seen on there.. I'm sure you could get another phone at retail price plus put a few hundred in your pocket.. I just figured there was a catch and I was missing something.

Right.. But with some of the prices that I have seen on there.. I'm sure you could get another phone at retail price plus put a few hundred in your pocket.. I just figured there was a catch and I was missing something.

Its definitely possible. Not sure if you'll get $1,000 for it, but its definitely worth a try I suppose.

Wow! Are people that desperate for this? Holy crap

i know Stickboi loves the iPhone but I didn't think he would pay that much :)

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

also, who else wants to quit their day jobs and become "new smartphone" launch day ebay salesmen?

Archived