Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th

Slacky McSlackAss

Samsung just updated their teaser page, looks that the new phone got some sort of curved screen going on. Wonder how well that would work.

yea I noticed the curved screen, don't think I would like, unless it's flexible, it seems like it could break easily.

Presenting the iPhone 4S: Now with most of the features other phones have had, but still touting inferior hardware.

I'm glad I got off the iPhone...I would've been disappointed as hell if I was waiting for this thing to come out. I am looking forward to buying it and turning a nice profit though :)

Presenting the iPhone 4S: Now with most of the features other phones have had, but still touting inferior hardware.

I'm glad I got off the iPhone...I would've been disappointed as hell if I was waiting for this thing to come out. I am looking forward to buying it and turning a nice profit though :)

Don't worry, Apple's brainwashed fans will give them billions for it.

My sister has the Thunderbolt, not big on the size of the phone. I don't need some monster 4.3" screen, that's what I have a laptop for.

The phone really isn't that bad. I keep mine in my pocket all day and hardly notice it most of the time. Plus the bigger screen is nice when watching videos and playing games.

Depends. I'm not looking to pay full retail for it, so if I could sell the Thunderbolt for a decent price then maybe. But I really like the Thunderbolt. Had a few problems early on with battery life, but once I rooted it, its been amazing. My battery lasted a day and a half this past weekend.

Honestly, I've got the same phone...ATT version at least...and if you have a rooted phone. I bet you were looking at nearly all the "new", "shiny" iOS5 features thinking, I already have that..:ols::ols::ols:

Please give me some reasons to want the Nexus Prime.

Apple pissed me off yesterday by not releasing the iPhone 5....and I cant wait much longer for a new phone since my phone barely makes it through the day.

It honestly has to be what your plans are for the phone. Are you a straight forward user or do you frequent the XDA forums looking for every single possible mod you can find?

The beauty of the Nexus Prime is because it's one of Google's flagship phones, giving you a pure & bone stock experience with Android. While some of the skins placed on top of Android by manufactures can be not only useful and benefitial, some people don't want all the extras. It's a developers wet-dream because you're first in line for every Android update.

If you need a phone now, and you're with Sprint, ATT or T-Mobile, I'd opt for the Samsung Galaxy S2

Honestly, I've got the same phone...ATT version at least...and if you have a rooted phone. I bet you were looking at nearly all the "new", "shiny" iOS5 features thinking, I already have that..:ols::ols::ols:

Pretty much haha. Mine is rooted, which makes a world of difference. I would recommend anyone who has a Droid should root their phone. 1) My battery now lasts as long if not longer than my wife's iPhone 4. 2) It runs faster since you get rid of all the crap that Verizon puts on there.

I won't go as far as saying they are garbage, they make great products but their little half-ass semi-new releases milk the cash out of brainwashed consumers. It's pathetic. Why pay that much money for old technology? And some in this thread want to do so. It's sad, really.

You know that it is possible for someone to just prefer the OS, right?

I currently have a 3GS, this phone would be a nice upgrade for me. I've checked out Droids and think that some of them are pretty cool. I just prefer the intuitiveness of iOS over anything I've seen from the Android platform - so far anyway. I don't really think that makes me "brainwashed".

However, I'm not sure why someone would choose to pay to upgrade from the iPhone 4 to this new version.

It honestly has to be what your plans are for the phone. Are you a straight forward user or do you frequent the XDA forums looking for every single possible mod you can find?

I'm on Verizon and I currently have a Blackberry Tour. I'm usually a straight forward user since that's what I've been accustomed to. I use the internet a lot though on my phone, so something that is fast is perfect for me. Email/Facebook/Internet/GoogleMaps/Texting are my main uses

I'm on Verizon and I currently have a Blackberry Tour. I'm usually a straight forward user since that's what I've been accustomed to. I use the internet a lot though on my phone, so something that is fast is perfect for me. Email/Facebook/Internet/GoogleMaps/Texting are my main uses

If you use Google Maps alot get a Droid. Google Maps loads much faster on a Droid than the iPhone

Pretty much haha. Mine is rooted, which makes a world of difference. I would recommend anyone who has a Droid should root their phone. 1) My battery now lasts as long if not longer than my wife's iPhone 4. 2) It runs faster since you get rid of all the crap that Verizon puts on there.

I recommend it to everyone, maybe it's just me but the sense of satisfaction that comes when I tell people my phone will last close to 16 hours on heavy usage is amazing. I keep it running at a max 1.3ghz but it will cycle through all the way down to 192mhz. Battery life is saved immensely by underclocking and undervolting when either the phone is in idle/screen off. I refuse to call it a phone, it's now a device that makes calls and texts :)

Archived