Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th

Slacky McSlackAss

Apple can do whatever they want. They have a stranglehold on the market. All the "disappointment" from yesterday is only going to drive up the hype surrounding the iPhone 5. They aren't dumb over there. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. That being said...my 3G is on it's last leg, so this 4S is a must-buy for me.

I don't get the comments in this thread. So if I like Apple products I'm some how brainwashed. Can't I just like Apple products?

I like Honda's too have they brainwashed me?

I guess I don't understand the Anti-Apple crowd. If you don't like it then don't buy it but to continue to throw stones at it is just silly to me.

I personally bought a iPhone 3Gs and I didn't upgrade to the iPhone 4. Now that the iPhone 4s is out I will get it. I don't think anyone should upgrade as soon as a new model comes out. It just happens to fall on my upgrade cycle. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who are still using the 3Gs and would like to upgrade to the 4gs it is a pretty good upgrade.

I won't go as far as saying they are garbage, they make great products but their little half-ass semi-new releases milk the cash out of brainwashed consumers. It's pathetic. Why pay that much money for old technology? And some in this thread want to do so. It's sad, really.

your constant trolling of Apple products and people who like them are getting old.

I don't get the comments in this thread. So if I like Apple products I'm some how brainwashed. Can't I just like Apple products?

I guess I don't understand the Anti-Apple crowd. If you don't like it then don't buy it but to continue to throw stones at it is just silly to me.

I personally bought a iPhone 3Gs and I didn't upgrade to the iPhone 4. Now that the iPhone 4s is out I will get it. I don't think anyone should upgrade as soon as a new model comes out. It just happens to fall on my upgrade cycle. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who are still using the 3Gs and would like to upgrade to the 4gs it is a pretty good upgrade.

Not a 4GS, just a 4S

It's an upgrade, relative to the 3GS, but relative to the entire market, that's a different story. The voice thing is nice but exists already and 3G is now old technology.

I agree with what JMU Alum said, there is complete validity in preferring iOS. It is smooth and simple. If that's a big point for you, then nobody can fault you there and I apologize. However, if you are buying a phone strictly to stay technologically updated during each of your cycles, this iPhone 4S is already behind the Android pack in certain ways and will fall even further as the new 4G-capable Android 4.0 phones come out this Fall. And I'm not trying to say buying Apple, makes you brainwashed, I said earlier they do make great products, just in certain cases they make people believe what they are releasing in cutting-edge when it isn't. But I'm sure you have multiple reasons for going Apple and they do lead the pack for a reason, it's not just a marketing machine.

---------- Post added October-5th-2011 at 11:55 AM ----------

your constant trolling of Apple products and people who like them are getting old.

Ignore my comments then. And for the record, someone else was the one who said they released garbage products and I refuted, saying they actually make great products so apparently I'm not 100% against Apple.

Ignore my comments then. And for the record, someone else was the one who said they released garbage products and I refuted, saying they actually make great products so apparently I'm not 100% against Apple.

cool so that makes it okay to put people down with the "i don't know why people buy it, it's sad really" comment.

congrats, you are the equivalent of bubblescreen in the Nats thread.

cool so that makes it okay to put people down with the "i don't know why people buy it, it's sad really" comment.

congrats, you are the equivalent of bubblescreen in the Nats thread.

No, because I actually explained my confusion of why some people are saying that already standard technology is cutting edge. And I actually listen to counterarguments such as the one brought up by JMUAlum (regarding the preference of iOS) and agreed with it. For me to be that equivalent, it'd be something like:

"iPhones all suck, they just do."

And I understand that comment comes off as ignorant and it has since been edited to more accurately reflect my opinion. And as I said above, I don't mean to imply that anyone who buys Apple is a sap.

So is the $99 price drop going to happen for Verizon cause I want a 4 and they only dropped it $50. Not happy that I had to wait for that.

All the reports suggest that the price drop is across all three carriers. It's the 8GB iPhone 4 that has the price drop also. Might want to call Verizon and check if their online thing is showing the wrong price.

I don't think that Apple products are bad in general. the I-pod was huge. I just think that freaking out over a new I-phone, and marketing it like it will make your coffee for you in the morning, is a little over the top. As I said. I had an Iphone. It was cool, but I really don't see what the big deal is. They didn't really change too much on this one.

I don't think that Apple products are bad in general. the I-pod was huge. I just think that freaking out over a new I-phone, and marketing it like it will make your coffee for you in the morning, is a little over the top. As I said. I had an Iphone. It was cool, but I really don't see what the big deal is. They didn't really change too much on this one.

Yes, this is all I meant, apologize for anyone who was offended by my earlier comment.

Don't know about anyone else but I wasn't offended by the comments. Just felt it necessary to explain my point of view.

Statements made on a message board often come out differently than a poster might intend.

Anyway, I won't upgrade until the end of the month so hopefully I'll be able to give the Nexus Prime a test drive before I make up my mind completely.

Don't know about anyone else but I wasn't offended by the comments. Just felt it necessary to explain my point of view.

Statements made on a message board often come out differently than a poster might intend.

Anyway, I won't upgrade until the end of the month so hopefully I'll be able to give the Nexus Prime a test drive before I make up my mind completely.

Yup, I never take what people on here say too seriously for that reason. And I don't know if you saw, but I agreed with your reasoning regarding iOS.

Yup, I never take what people on here say too seriously for that reason. And I don't know if you saw, but I agreed with your reasoning regarding iOS.

Yeah, I saw. It's nice to have such crazy technology to choose from nowadays. Mindblowing when I think that the original iPhone hadn't even been announced when I graduated college.

It's an upgrade, relative to the 3GS, but relative to the entire market, that's a different story. The voice thing is nice but exists already and 3G is now old technology.

I agree with what JMU Alum said, there is complete validity in preferring iOS. It is smooth and simple. If that's a big point for you, then nobody can fault you there and I apologize. However, if you are buying a phone strictly to stay technologically updated during each of your cycles, this iPhone 4S is already behind the Android pack in certain ways and will fall even further as the new 4G-capable Android 4.0 phones come out this Fall. And I'm not trying to say buying Apple, makes you brainwashed, I said earlier they do make great products, just in certain cases they make people believe what they are releasing in cutting-edge when it isn't. But I'm sure you have multiple reasons for going Apple and they do lead the pack for a reason, it's not just a marketing machine.

Yeah I beginning to see that Anti-Apple crowd has a need to have the best of the best when it comes to technology. Therefore they are quick to point out where the iPhone lacks. I guess I can understand that coming from that angle.

I personally don't have a need to look into other phones because I like the one I got. I don't have that feeling like I'm missing out or something. I could probably stick with my 3GS for another couple of years but since I'm due for an upgrade might as well upgrade.

Yeah I beginning to see that Anti-Apple crowd has a need to have the best of the best when it comes to technology. Therefore they are quick to point out where the iPhone lacks. I guess I can understand that coming from that angle.

I personally don't have a need to look into other phones because I like the one I got. I don't have that feeling like I'm missing out or something. I could probably stick with my 3GS for another couple of years but since I'm due for an upgrade might as well upgrade.

The 4S should be a pretty big upgrade over the 3GS. I'm looking forward to it - assuming the Nexus Prime doesn't sway me in the next month.

You know that it is possible for someone to just prefer the OS, right?

I currently have a 3GS, this phone would be a nice upgrade for me. I've checked out Droids and think that some of them are pretty cool. I just prefer the intuitiveness of iOS over anything I've seen from the Android platform - so far anyway. I don't really think that makes me "brainwashed".

However, I'm not sure why someone would choose to pay to upgrade from the iPhone 4 to this new version.

I missed this post before but yes this is exactly how I feel.

I agree with that line of thinking. Technology comes out so fast today that things are obsolete within a couple of months. It's not necessarily a "need" to have the best, just don't call what isn't the best (in raw terms), the best. When the iPhone 4 came out, it was the best of the best in both simplicity and features. I had nothing negative to say about it because it met the hype. I know that a month after I get the Nexus Prime, it'll be overtaken and I won't care at all. My MP3 player is from like 2007 and it does me just fine.

My other reason for buying the iPhone is that my current iPod Touch (2nd Gen) is having issues with the headphone port. Now I know that all phones have an MP3 player, but being able to sync my iTunes with my phone wireless is a big thing for me. It allows me to not have to carry 2 devices with me when driving, so I'll be preordering a 32GB iPhone 4S on Friday.

My other reason for buying the iPhone is that my current iPod Touch (2nd Gen) is having issues with the headphone port. Now I know that all phones have an MP3 player, but being able to sync my iTunes with my phone wireless is a big thing for me. It allows me to not have to carry 2 devices with me when driving, so I'll be preordering a 32GB iPhone 4S on Friday.

Google Music my friend. GM syncs with my iTunes and there is an app for it on my phone. Don't have to do anything else.

Google Music my friend. GM syncs with my iTunes and there is an app for it on my phone. Don't have to do anything else.

I love Google Music. I'm not sure if it is still in beta or not. I was one of the first to get Google Music (cloud) since I bought the Motorla Xoom when it was released. I think its awesome. Amazon cloud has been out for some time as well. I'm 98% sure you can sync Amazon cloud with iTunes using a free 3rd party program

edit.....

Here is one way to do it:

My only issue with that I use my phone a lot while driving, and a lot of the area near my house has very low cell coverage. Barely enough to make a call, not nearly enough for data download. Plus, you lose a good bit of sound quality with it meaning I'd be wasting the nice sound system in my car.

Archived