Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 5 to be announced on October 4th

Slacky McSlackAss

Are you serious?? Siri isn't all that great. Android has options for voice assistance too. It may not be up to par with Siri but the feature wears out fast. There are pros and cons to each device (Apple & Android) and its personal choice but I don't think Siri is a life changer. I prefer Android myself (I've owned an iPhone before)

I don't know about all that. I am starting to really use Siri a lot and as I master the commands more I am using it more. It is especially nice walking through DC and sending out a text without looking down at your phone. or setting a reminder the moment you think of something you need to do.

Big mistake. Your missing out on Icloud and Siri. Siri is truly a life changing experience. Return it immediately and get an I-phone

Why would he want to get a 3G phone? Skinz, root your Android and customize the hell out of it.

The iPhone camera is fantastic though, best on the market. You're acting like Siri is the second-coming of the World Wide Web.

Why would he want to get a 3G phone? Skinz, root your Android and customize the hell out of it.

The iPhone camera is fantastic though, best on the market.

yea thats the thing. if the iPhone ran on LTE i'd definately go with that but I want a 4G phone now.

android has speech to text also. is that what siri mostly does?

can iPhone get swype? thats all i use with android and don't know if i could live without it now

yea thats the thing. if the iPhone ran on LTE i'd definately go with that but I want a 4G phone now.

can iPhone get swype? thats all i use with android and don't know if i could live without it now

Swype is for Android and Windows Phone.

they have something similar called shapewriter. its not as good as swype. I also think there is another app but I can't remember. Its been a while since i had an iPhone

Swype is for Android and Windows Phone.

I think his primary question about the speech to text thing was more important.

I wear my earpiece and can text easily.

I do have a buddy that buys whatever the newest/greatest phone loves Swype.

He loves that feature. I dont text often but I use the swype or talk features most of the time.

iPhone can get Swype if you jailbreak it. The voice to text features of the 4S are really quite awesome. Being able to compose an email by talking and the text being 99% accurate is killer. Same with sending a quick text or having your text messages read to you. Siri is not 100% accurate but it is pretty damn cool.

iPhone can get Swype if you jailbreak it. The voice to text features of the 4S are really quite awesome. Being able to compose an email by talking and the text being 99% accurate is killer. Same with sending a quick text or having your text messages read to you. Siri is not 100% accurate but it is pretty damn cool.

i don't know about having an email read to you, but i think android has all of those features as well. i don't can't compare the accuracy but android's is pretty accurate from what i can tell

quick question about data usage.

does verizon not have unlimited data anymore? when i click on the bionic's data pricing it has prices for 2gig, 5gig, and 10gigs.

but when i look at my account usagae, it says i've currently used 750megs out of Unlimited....?

so i'm not sure if i have a cap on my data or not and if i switch phones will i have a cap on my data?

does verizon not have unlimited data anymore? when i click on the bionic's data pricing it has prices for 2gig, 5gig, and 10gigs.

but when i look at my account usagae, it says i've currently used 750megs out of Unlimited....?

so i'm not sure if i have a cap on my data or not and if i switch phones will i have a cap on my data?

You should be grandfathered in on your unlimited plan as long as you don't change things. You should be good. I don't believe Verizon has unlimited data anymore. Sprint is currently the only one offering unlimited data on smartphones

They did away with it, but if you have had the unlimited plan you are considered grandfathered in.

was anyone else lucky enough to walk into a store and get an iPhone lately? I checked 2 verizon stores near me and both were out of stock.

also - the dude was kind of a doucher when i asked him about a code to unlock my blackberry to use overseas....does he really think im going to pay the massive roaming charges when i can get a SIM card in Dubai for 10 bucks?

was anyone else lucky enough to walk into a store and get an iPhone lately? I checked 2 verizon stores near me and both were out of stock.

also - the dude was kind of a doucher when i asked him about a code to unlock my blackberry to use overseas....does he really think im going to pay the massive roaming charges when i can get a SIM card in Dubai for 10 bucks?

I walked into the store release date and opened an account.

Have you tried Best Buy? Or is there some reason you need to do it at an actual Verizon store?

This isn't a question about a 4s, but instead my phone is just the iPhone 4, but I figured I would post the question in this thread.

I seem to have lost all sound. I have turned the volume up as high as it can go, I have gone into settings and selected "on" for everything having to do with sound (even the sounds I don't want like keyboard clicks). I have turned the silent to "off". And still no sound. My wife is starting to not believe me when I tell her that I missed her call because I didn't hear the phone ring. (When I turned the volume up for the ringer, it rang to show me the volume, but nothing if I get a call.

Any suggestions?

I found that the best bet is to go to the Apple store.. they seem to have more in stock than the wireless carrier stores...

Only a week and half after the 4S release, I was able to just walk in and grab one in the Galleria Mall in Houston... Business mall in the city.

Archived