Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF excuses to be late for work!?

HtownRocks111

If you are hellbent on giving an excuse then make sure to come up with a ridiculous one. I have found that if I give my manager a normal excuse then she gets mad, but if I give an absolutely crazy excuse then she will be ok with it. The point of the excuse isnt to be believable, but to be hilarious. For example...

"So I was on my way to work when I got pulled over by a cop (eyes rolling). As he got out of the car to give me a ticket he got shot by some mobsters in a drive by(little bit apprehensive). Then I panicked and ran into the woods, at which point I ran into a coven of witches (puzzled bweilderment). They started casting a spell on me, and I was getting scared, until I realized that they had cast something to make me impervious to bullets. At this point I ran back and got into a fist fight with the mobsters ("So thats why you are late for work?"). Not even close, I still could have made it on time. After I was done beating up all the mobsters and making sure that the cop was OK, Godzilla showed up out of nowhere. I was really scared, but a US army colonel demanded that I get into a fighter jet and take out the monster. I flew right into its firebreath and had to eject, at which point I fell into its mouth. It swallowed me, and I thought I would die, but I was still invulnerable. I crawled into its stomach and set off all my grenades taking it out in a blaze of glory, and that is why I am late for work"

"Then why havent I heard anything about a Godzilla attack?"

"Well because the Government covered it up, obviously..."

Flawless victory...

Go to work on time and DVR or tape the game. Avoid the news and then watch it when you get home.

The only real answers are, find someone to cover your shift for you if that's possible, or do like Destructis says (and for good measure, leave your phone at home so you can avoid text messages and the urge to check the score). Listen to a cd on the way home and head straight for the DVR

My secretary is a Cowboys fan, I let him leave early today. I told him he can show up late tomorrow, but if he doesn't show up by 1000 he's in trouble. I plan on showing up late as well.

The sad thing about tomorrow will be most of us know what is happening tonight and you'll have to come up with an off the wall excuse to trail them away. I always recommend using family excuses. Your family should circle the wagons for you.

HAIL!

My secretary is a Cowboys fan, I let him leave early today. I told him he can show up late tomorrow, but if he doesn't show up by 1000 he's in trouble. I plan on showing up late as well.

The sad thing about tomorrow will be most of us know what is happening tonight and you'll have to come up with an off the wall excuse to trail them away. I always recommend using family excuses. Your family should circle the wagons for you.

HAIL!

You lost me after: My secretary is a Cowboys fan, I let him leave early today.

First thing I thought was: I hope his secretary is smoking hot (or good at her work) otherwise there is no reason to work with a Cowboys fan.

Second thought: WTF a male secretary? A Cowboys fan male secretary. What went wrong during the job interview?

People say you need to keep work and private separated...but I think that's pretty much overated. A lot of people take there work home and in this case there will always be a little bit of tension between you two. Or can you get over that?

Just tell them that your missus is having "womens problems" and you're taking her to see the doctor.

No-one at work is going to ask you for any details about that. Job done. Or job not done, depends how you look at it.

MNF starts at 1.30am on Tuesday over here. It should be called TMF. Usually get 2-3 hrs sleep.

Here are two good ones:

1. You: I can not come to work I am sick

Boss: Really You dont sound sick

You: Well I just ****ed my sister how sick does that sound!

2. You: I cant come to work Im sick

Boss: Really whats wrong

You: I have anal Glaucoma, and I just cant see my ass coming into work today!

In all honesty I would just bang out sick....most employers have no right to ask you why your calling out sick, and if they require a doctors note then run on down to an Urgent care tell them you need a sick note for work pay your co pay and they will hook you up....

Archived