Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman's Coming Out Party Monday Night At Jerry's Place!

kingdaddy

Rex Grossman has a great chance to quiet all the doubters this Monday night in Dallas on the national, MNF, stage. What an opportunity, not only for the Skins to go 3-0, but for Rex to quiet all the so called media experts by having a big night against our biggest rival. In the 5 games he's started for the Skins going back to last season, Rex has shown all of us Skins fans that he can run this offense and make plays. Now it's time that he take the next step and do it in front of the entire country. Think about it, if the Skins can win this game, the confidence of this team will be as high as it's been since Joe Gibbs led them to the playoffs after the tragic death of Sean Taylor.

I can't help but think that Santana Moss (the Cowboy Killa) is gonna have another big game this Monday night and that Rex will be one of the biggest reasons why. I'm also liking the Fred Davis/Cooley combo to step up big time this week. And don't forget about AA who's been quiet lately. He's due for a big play or two.

Boy do I wish George Allen was alive to give this team a fiery speech heading into Monday's game. He hated the Cowboys more than anyone. The juices are starting to get pumping now boys. Bring it home Big Rex, bring it home.

It would be nice to see Rex and the whole team for that matter come out and layeth the smacketh down upon the Pukes, but I'm kinda hoping Helu makes a splash of his own. Its always a game in circumstances like this which thrusts a player into the spotlight, and even though I hope Hightower does great, it would put a big grin on my face to have both of them put up 100+ yd games against them...

I think Rex is going to continue to be Rex. A pick or a fumble and hopefully not at a critical juncture in the game. The boys, playing at home on Monday night, are going to be extremely tough to beat. Lets hope the Skins are up to the challenge. This game is huge. 2-1 or 3-0 and 3 conference wins. Sure it's early but it could be another divisional win. Can you imagine the hype surrounding this team if they actually go 4-0 at the BYE week?

Ok so now I'm getting excited. I predicted this game as a loss at the beginning of the season though and I'm sticking to that.

I am really looking forward to Monday night. The Skins are playing with a confidence that I haven't seen in years. I think they will play well and just control the game. What I am hoping to see most is the Don't Taze Me Bro dance on MNF. If we beat Dallas and get the dance, it will be a wonderful evening of football watching.

One game will not quiet doubters.

Say he has a game where he throws for 400 yards, 6TDS and no ints. Then against the Rams, he throws for 300 yards but throws 3 critical ints that gives the Rams the win? Some coming out.

The only thing that will, is for Rex to put together 4-5 solid years where the takes the Skins to the playoffs each year and a superbowl appearance or two with hopefully a win.

I just want our Pass D to come up HUGE against Witten and Austin if he plays! And the best way to keep "Naughty Rex" from crashing the party is for T Will and the O Line to keep "Golden Rex" from getting nervous.

Austin is out. He's not coming back till their bye. Dez is questionable too. Romo sits to pee is playing per ESPN today.

One game will not quiet doubters.

Say he has a game where he throws for 400 yards, 6TDS and no ints. Then against the Rams, he throws for 300 yards but throws 3 critical ints that gives the Rams the win? Some coming out.

The only thing that will, is for Rex to put together 4-5 solid years where the takes the Skins to the playoffs each year and a superbowl appearance or two with hopefully a win.

I disagree. A big win on the road in Dallas, while having a solid game statistically, and people will start taking Rex and the Redskins seriously. Look at how much Cam Newton is getting praised after two 400 yard passing games?

A win Monday night in Dallas and the Skins will start being taken seriously.

Honestly I like to see Kerrigan get another big game. He has been playing great and it would be nice to see him have a big night on a national stage.

This is my only concern. I am not worried about Rex, but in how the young guys perform on the big stage on the road. For some it will be their first experience.

Well if that coming out party leads to him staying consistent throughout the year then hell yea let party. But if it leads to 4 picks against the Rams next week well....my heart cant take that. :ols:

HAHAHA! I hear ya.

I want the coming out party soon. Because, as you mentioned, it will be that next game to gage what our season will be like. To see how much Rex has grown as a QB. Can he be here for 3 years while we groom a young QB.

But I rather know this earlier in the season than later.

The line opened at 6-1/2 pts which I think is pretty high for an ailing Romo sits to pee and injuries at key Dallas positions.

However, I think Rex is due for a "coming out party" since his performance vs. Cards was so-so. He's a streaky guy and given his history, he should have a big game.

:dallasuck

A comingt out party for a guy who played in a Super Bowl? Not sure if that is possible,

BUT he does have a chance to quiet some doubters.

But I doubt they'll stop doubting no matter how well he plays. Notice they only ever talk about that Super Bowl season because of his ungodly bad games. No one ever mentions his seven astronomically awesome games in the same season.

~Bang

I just want our Pass D to come up HUGE against Witten and Austin if he plays! And the best way to keep "Naughty Rex" from crashing the party is for T Will and the O Line to keep "Golden Rex" from getting nervous.
If we want Rex to produce in big games, he's going to have to get used to playing under pressure. Big QBs can win despite significant pass rushes.

He is going to get a mouthful of D.Ware on Monday night, believe me.

Archived