Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans Must be the Dumbest Football Fans in the NFL

SonnyandSam

Seriously though, fight songs are all over the NFL, we're not the only ones with a fight song...

And, like those other teams, we play a recording of it after the PATs.

Remember the NFL Films account of SB 22? "By the end of the 2nd quarter, everyone in the stadium had memorized the words to 'Hail to the Redskins'"

http://www.hulu.com/watch/123650/super-bowl-highlights-1988-super-bowl-xxii-washington-redskins-vs-denver-broncos?c=636:657

What really infuriates me is when people sitting in front of me stand up to enter or exit their row right when a play is about to begin.
Another great example of neophytes who act like they haven't been to a NFL game before. Never, ever block someone else's view when a play is on for Pete's sake.

Or how many people leave in the fourth quarter to avoid the traffic. I don't get it....pay $65-$300+ dollars per ticket plus parking and arrive late and leave early. Why the heck go to the game? By early in the fourth quarter a lot of the upper level and a good chunk of the lower level seats were empty. The fans gave up on the team and just assumed there would be no comeback. Arrgghhh.

Some of us drive 5+ hours to be at games.

sounds great in theory.. but as someone with Season tickets , every time my section (125) is quiet on a Skins possesion the opposing team starts their chant....so if you want me to be quiet on O and let the other teams fans go at it...you can go to hell

At least they've managed to be in the stadium for kickoff both of these games. If there's another thing that irritates and baffles me it's how empty our stadium tends to be at kickoff ~Bang

This. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy middle aged man (which I suppose I am) it really pisses me off when fans can't get their act together to be in their seats before the game starts. I mean if you don't want to watch the game why pay the money and take the time and trouble to go to the Stadium? That's their funeral but then they start excusing their way past me to get to their seats and you just know that in about ten minutes they will be pushing back past you to go to the toilet or visit a concession stand .......

Irritates the hell out of me.

Edit - I'm talking sports in general here not specifically FedEx which I can't speak to as I have yet to get over for a game.

I was at the Giants game. It didn't seem that noisy to me when we were on offense. I don't do the wave. I rarely yell unless a big play happens. It's not that I'm sitting on my hands, it's that I'm concentrating on the play. And I know the fight song word for word. And you can look at the big screen now and sing along.

sounds great in theory.. but as someone with Season tickets , every time my section (125) is quiet on a Skins possesion the opposing team starts their chant....so if you want me to be quiet on O and let the other teams fans go at it...you can go to hell

So... your solution is to make it even louder, which hurts the Skins' offense even more?

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

Thread title is a little over blown but I do agree with the overall tone of the OP. I was at the Cardinals game & I found myslf trying to silence my section multiple times during the 4th Q while we were on offense and trying to pump up the crowd multiple times during the game while we were on D. Oh and just for the record, I noticed the stadium was a little more empty than normal (as it is most times when Arizona comes to town) but there were about 95% Skins fans in the stadium.

So... your solution is to make it even louder, which hurts the Skins' offense even more?

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

im not saying everyone should blow air horns when we have the ball..but if your trying to argue homefield advantage then how is our team gonna react to the crowd chanting "DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE" when they are going for 4th and 3 trying to win the game?

im not saying everyone should blow air horns when we have the ball..but if your trying to argue homefield advantage then how is our team gonna react to the crowd chanting "DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE" when they are going for 4th and 3 trying to win the game?

Probably better than having 60,000 more people trying to drown them out to 'help the offense".

By all means, try to 'help' them with more noise.

I can see it now on every message board of every team we'll play at home... Hey, you know if you go to Redskins games and chant "Defense" you can get their crowd to help you distract their own offense?

~Bang

• 1 month later...

what's wrong with that? the wave isn't noisy.

it's pointless in the upper deck anyways because it dies at the endzone now that 75% of the seats are missing there.

The purpose of the wave IS to make noise so that the offense can't communicate with each other in the huddle and the players can't hear the snap count. Is that what you want to do? Hurt your team?

I think variations of these problems happen across the NFL landscape. Do you think it has something to do with modern day fans in comparison to the fans of old?

Not just NFL teams. At every football venue casual fans make up a significant portion of the crowd in attendance. There are probably major college program exceptions, but what is that like, 15 programs out of 119 FBS teams + all FCS, DII, and DIII programs?

A huge die hard crown that's totally on the same page is most definitely the exception and not the rule. Seems pointless to get mad about it.

You know that the vast majority of fans that go to these games now days aren't even Redskins fans. Prime example, a few years ago when the Steelers came to Fedex field it was almost like a home game for them due to the overwhelming support of their fans. It isn't that far for them to travel and they just took over Fedex Field. So the casual fan is not necessarily a Redskin fan. Until the Fan base sees this team become a contender you won't see that noise factor change. This is not the first Gibbs Super Bowl Era that use to be crazy about this team and where people hated to play at RFK stadium because of the fan base. Only a winning program and a contender will turn that around. Until then you might just want to take your own advice to those casual fans even though I agree with you.

This thread is funny. The reason we dont have a true home field advantage is b/c certain fans go to games and make non stop noise while YOUR TEAMS offense is on the field. Anyone yelling while your offense is on the field trying to score need to take their Redskin jerseys and hats off and trash them. When your team is on defense yell and be proud to be a Redskin fan. If your offense is on the field stfu and let your team communicate. I live in West Virginia and work 40 hours a week supporting a family and pinching pennies to get by so I dont have the coin to travel to DC like I use to when I lived alot closer and didnt have kids. At the sametime any Redskin fan who do or do not attend these games are still shocked when you can hear your own fanbase getting loud when WE have the football. Most fans now adays arent students of the game like they use to be I guess. I knew this **** when I went to games at the age of 13 LOL.

• 10 months later...

**** you, dude.

I hear there's openings on the Cowboys sidelines.

yeh ok.. because its the fans fault that we lost.. nothing to do with an offense that jumped off-sides or referees who obviously stood to gain..... something...

this game was crooked as ****..

my apologies. but to offend the entire fanbase? dumbest fans in the NFL? dude....

Archived