Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans Must be the Dumbest Football Fans in the NFL

SonnyandSam

I don't think it's nearly as many as you think it is. From my section (upper deck) it doesn't sound that loud to me.

I used to sit in the upper deck for nine years. I now sit 17 rows from the end zone. It is MUCH louder down at the field level than upstairs. Huge differenece. It is why I love my new seats in the lower level...even if I am in the corner end zone by the Redskins tunnel. Noise level and involment in the game is a huge difference.

What the heck is this?

Sounds like Gran Torino meets the old timers to me

Redskins fans aren't stupid because they aren't quiet at games

They pay 200 just like you to see the game and drink and have a good time

Why so serious?

Thinking that unless the stadium is silent we are screwed to me isn't giving the team credit

They are used to playing on the road, where noise is a big issue

If you were saying the fans yelled during the offense and were quiet when the Defense was out there I would agree with you

Sounds like you might be outliving going to games

About the song you need to remember that this teams not had much to cheer about for years

And that we are like the only professional team with a fight song these days

Reading that the newer younger fans (30 and below) don't know the song doesn't surprise me all that much

This is about making noise WHILE THE OFFENSE is on the field. The last thing our offense needs is some misheard or unheard words because people won't STFU. It makes it more likely for the O to burn a timeout or screw the play up because of the nosie.

I used to sit in the upper deck for nine years. I now sit 17 rows from the end zone. It is MUCH louder down at the field level than upstairs. Huge differenece. It is why I love my new seats in the lower level...even if I am in the corner end zone by the Redskins tunnel. Noise level and involment in the game is a huge difference.

I use to have upper deck seats and I just flat out gave them up. Between it being not nearly as electric as anywhere on the lower level and people selling their damn tickets to opposing fans I couldn't take it anymore. I will just suck it up and go to a few select games rather than pay to sit with Cowboy/Giants/Eagles/whoever we are playing fans.

All these "casual" fans who come to a game once in a while have no clue how to act at a live Redskins game. This is not your ****ing living room; shut the **** up when the Redskins offense is on the field.

...here is your answer bro. Which makes your thread title a bit misleading.

What the heck is this?

Sounds like Gran Torino meets the old timers to me

Redskins fans aren't stupid because they aren't quiet at games

Why so serious?

Thinking that unless the stadium is silent we are screwed to me isn't giving the team credit

If you were saying the fans yelled during the offense and were quiet when the Defense was out there I would agree with you

Sounds like you might be outliving going to games

About the song you need to remember that this teams not had much to cheer about for years

Reading that the newer younger fans (30 and below) don't know the song doesn't surprise me all that much

I disagree - have you been to other teams stadiums? You can hear a pin drop at arrowhead when the Chiefs are on offense. Same for the colts. Yes, you are correct in that teams are use to noise levels WHILE ON THE ROAD. It's not the same as when you're at home. you're suppose to have the home field advantage which is why they have signs that say QUIET offense at work. I get what you are saying. People pay too much to attend these games so if they want to yell they are entitled to do so but it's like some need a lesson on when to cheer and when to be quiet.

Simply put, here are some reasons why I AM and going to CONTINUE to be a rowdy fan at Redskins home games.....

1. For the last 13 years, I have been loud and rowdy at home games

2. For what I spend in parking, tickets, concessions and at the redskins store entitles me to be rowdy.

3. The crap I have to hear with at work, bars, dumb ESPN ANALysts and Lavar/Pukes? By Sunday, i'm ready to get rowdy.

4. Football isn't Tennis, so if you want peace and quiet, get season tickets for Wimbledon.

5. I AM A DIEHARD REDSKINS FAN.

6. Freedom of Speech.

7. Alcohol + Football = Excitement.

Others might not and most likely won't agree but that is how I feel so ill be a dumb fan for that.

:logo:HTTR:beavisnbutthead:

Maybe "dumb" is too "mean" for some of you. Does it make you feel better if I say "uneducated"? Sorry....I'm not a politically correct sort of guy.

A big part of the problem, IMHO, is that the high cost of tickets combined with easy access to tickets on the internet is attracting a lot of casual fans who are not experienced with how to act at a live event. Clearly, our fans have been loud and into both games. And that is great for the team! Back in the old days, you sat next to the same season ticket holder game after game after game. You became friends with those around you. From game experience, they learned how to cheer properly. Now so many ticket holders, whether fans, corporations, or brokers, resell many or all their tickets so that we get different people every game. They simply do not know proper game etiquette. For example, the entire row of 15 seats behind me have been different people at the first two games. I had two fans sitting next to me who were not drunk or even drinking but with a high energy level and really enjoying the game. But several times I had to remind them to quiet down because the offense was on the field. Both were apologetic and understood completely; it just took them awhile to control their enthusiasm.

The whole game I was flapping my arms so much, I though I was going to take flight!

The enthusiasm and energy level have been awesome so far. Fans just need to get smart about when and when not to cheer.

Also, I have two elderly folks sitting next to me that watch the game but never say a word....I don't get it; not even clapping. As someone with bad hips and knees, I understand that not all folks can stand to cheer. I can make as much noise sitting down as I can standing up. But to just sit there and not make any noise at all....I don't get it. And they seem like very nice people when we talk.....just very quiet.....but at least they are not making noise when Sexy Rexy is calling the signals at the line!

All these "casual" fans who come to a game once in a while have no clue how to act at a live Redskins game. This is not your ****ing living room; shut the **** up when the Redskins offense is on the field.

"Casual" fan??? There are many reasons people can only make it to 1 or 2 games a year. Most of which do not fall under the "casual" fan category. Do you go around asking everyone who is yelling during offense how many games they come too? How do you know these people are not season ticket holders? As for debating two days on whether or not to start this thread...you can get meds and counseling for that. GOOD LUCK to you. I hope you get better.

Old saying goes..."its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are ignorant then its to open your mouth and prove it"

Lastly, if this yelling and cheering is coming from "casual" fans, they probably do not have a profile set up on here (ES). Did you ever think of that genius?

I'm pretty sure I heard Rex barking out the snap count clearly for most of the game. It doesn't come across as loud to me when I'm at home, or any louder than any other stadium when the offense is on the march.

If you're actually sitting in the stadium with nearly 80,000 people all talking and buzzing at the same time, everything is going to sound loud. I think the crowd starts to buzz and get excited and they start to cheer.

But, seeing as though I'm a Redskins fan, and when I go to football games (haven't been to FexEx Field yet) I''m quiet when we're on the match, could I, like, NOT be lumped in with the guys who are jerks?

Why so serious?

One would think that fans of a football team would go to a football game to watch football and cheer for their football team, through that they have a good time, and drinking can occur as well, but it is secondary. You're at a football game. If all you wanted to do was drink and have fun you would go to the local bar and hold off on the 200 dollar tickets.

Yes, they do play on the road, and it is loud. That is called a disadvantage as opposed to having home field advantage. The advantage is that you can make it difficult on the other team but not difficult at all on your team. That's the purpose of home games and having some sort of an edge over the opposition. Why would any football fan who cares about this team and how we do show up to a game and purposely give up that edge/advantage?

http://www.footballbabble.com/football/nfl/fight-songs/

Pretty much every football team has a fight song, but obviously not all of them sing their fight song when they score points.

Here are Chicago Bears fans singing their fight song, which is much more wordy and complicated than ours is:

Try to get through the Eagles' fight song without vomiting:

Here are the Vikings singing their stupid fight song:

And of course to wash that crap out of your ears here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_eRv_bvkhQ

^Guy in that video can't sing but at least he knew the words and said "rah" instead of the incorrect "fight" everybody says.

Seriously though, fight songs are all over the NFL, we're not the only ones with a fight song, and ours is certainly not the most complicated. There is no reason why our fans cannot learn the middle verse. How hard is it?

"Run or pass or score – we want a lot more!

Beat ‘em, swamp ‘em, touchdown – let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on, til you have won, Sons of Washington!"

Is that really that difficult? It is a psychological thing I can tell you that. I remember an interview which was done with some Cowboys players and they asked them what the worst thing was about playing the Redskins in RFK and they all said they would sing that damn fight song every time they scored and you'd have to listen to it all day if you messed up.

The point of this thread is "dumbfounding" to me. Everyone is different and has different ways of expressing their emotions when it comes to football. Even though some of you may not like how loud people get at games, its not your place to pass judgement or try and police someone else's game day experience.

Still waiting for a book titled "Game Day Etiquette for Dummies"

First, it is so annoying being at games when people do this. Second the two point conversion was ridiculously loud and was a crucial play. However; while i think idiot fans are mostly to blame they do make random announcements right when they break the huddle at times which encourages fan noise. Also, really hated when the cheerleaders were in the end zone for so long on that crucial play in the fourth. But this is all nothing new. Every year skins fans are pretty loud while the O is at work. But usually its because they are booing because our O is rarely good.

Archived