Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans Must be the Dumbest Football Fans in the NFL

SonnyandSam

i take offense to your comments... regardless how "quiet" you are during games... Way to be a Cutler..

Dude. It's an old thread that was bumped because our ****ing fans can't keep quiet on offense. That's a disgrace. And yes, it HIGHLY contributes to false starts.

Happened again and its probably the worst in years. the dumbass redskins fans are here because of RG3 and have no clue how to be quiet when we are on offense

I heard it through the tv. It really is pathetic. It's even worse because it's early, and this team still had/has a chance to do something this season, so we aren't at the point where people start selling their tickets to idiots in waves because we're eliminated. Yeah, this isn't college football, but, along with a losing team, it really is difficult to have a true "Home field advantage" when you have dumb fans doing stuff like that.

Or how many people leave in the fourth quarter to avoid the traffic. I don't get it....pay $65-$300+ dollars per ticket plus parking and arrive late and leave early. Why the heck go to the game? By early in the fourth quarter a lot of the upper level and a good chunk of the lower level seats were empty. The fans gave up on the team and just assumed there would be no comeback. Arrgghhh.

Sounds like conducting business at the game. Corporate stuff with no interest in either team nor the game. Just a wine and dine and business thing.

:soapbox: I was thinking of my old thread from last year as I sat watching our offense on the field and hearing tens of thousands of fans start chanting "RG3" while RG3 was trying to call plays in the huddle and the signals at the line of scrimmage. Clearly some of the Redskins fans have not gotten any smarter since last year when I started this thread. I get wanting to be enthusiastic about your new NFL toy. But if you are too freakin' stupid to understand the importance of shutting your ****ing mouth when our team is on offense and too dumb to read ten foot high letters on the video screens that spell out "QUIET", then please stay the **** at home where you can be an imbecile all by yourself. We do not need or want your drunken ass at FedEx Field. You were more pathetic and embarrassing than the men on the field masquerading as referees.

1. So what.

2. You chose to spend your money

3. You don't play for the Redskins. You shouldn't be bothered with what people say about a team you like, as long as you enjoy watching them play.

4. Defense, make as much noise as you can. There's no excuses for false starts at home.

5. You and how many of your friends?

6. Not an excuse to be a moron and inconsiderate towards people around you.

7. Alcohol is for the weak.

I'll let you know first hand, no I don't like it. Your reasons of being a rowdy fan is BS.

Dude are you sure you're 23? Your post makes it seem like you're 83.

Edit: nevermind a good amount of grandparents I know quite enjoy alcohol so I'm not really sure what you qualify as. I guess a non-rowdy 23 year old.

I was thinking of my old thread from last year as I sat watching our offense on the field and hearing tens of thousands of fans start chanting "RG3" while RG3 was trying to call plays in the huddle and the signals at the line of scrimmage. Clearly some of the Redskins fans have not gotten any smarter since last year when I started this thread.

One of the other things getting old at the stadium is that on seemingly every Redskins offensive play, the fans are crying for a flag, particularly on supposed late hits. I wish I can say this was due solely to the replacement refs, but this has gone on for several years now, particularly with the new rules where the players aren't allowed to do anything as far as hitting, etc. I know people want the Skins to win badly, but at least be objective.

Eh...I was at the game (section 139) and didnt hear or see anything that warranted complaints about the overall fan base. The fans cheering when the O had the ball were cheering the previous play in my experience. There were a smattering of boos that rang out after the D was stinking up the joint in the first half which is something I truly cant stand, but I understand how some would want to voice their displeasure after the crap that was being put on the field by them.

One of the other things getting old at the stadium is that on seemingly every Redskins offensive play, the fans are crying for a flag, particularly on supposed late hits. I wish I can say this was due solely to the replacement refs, but this has gone on for several years now, particularly with the new rules where the players aren't allowed to do anything as far as hitting, etc. I know people want the Skins to win badly, but at least be objective.

I was yelling for holding on the Cincy line a lot sooooo yeah. Then again they kept pulling our players down by their jerseys,arms,etc.

Eh...I was at the game (section 139) and didnt hear or see anything that warranted complaints about the overall fan base. The fans cheering when the O had the ball were cheering the previous play in my experience. There were a smattering of boos that rang out after the D was stinking up the joint in the first half which is something I truly cant stand, but I understand how some would want to voice their displeasure after the crap that was being put on the field by them.

I know from where I was in the corner at 208 it was pathetic. Not only were the boo birds out in the first half (REALLY??!? The first half of the home OPENER?!?!), but the RG3 chants while on offense were ridiculously loud. Dumb, dumb people. Smfh.

I debated for two days with myself whether to start this thread. But I'm still pissed at our fans...so here goes.....

:soapbox:

At both the Giants and the Cardinals games, our fans could not stay quiet when our offense was on the field. And they got louder when the offense was in the red zone! TWICE, Redskins fans started chanting, "Let's Go Redskins" (loudly) while the offense was in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage at the Cardinals game. Other times, they clapped, whistled, and yelled encouragment. I can appreciate our fans being excited about possible scoring opportunities, but damn it, shut the **** up! Save it for the Skins defense.

Redskins fans are so stupid they cannot even read 20 foot high letters on the HD screens pleading with them to be QUIET......OFFFENSE AT WORK. Despite regular videos of this reminder all throughout the game, Skins fans continued to be loud in the 4th quarter when the offense was on the field.

All these "casual" fans who come to a game once in a while have no clue how to act at a live Redskins game. This is not your ****ing living room; shut the **** up when the Redskins offense is on the field.

I also appreciate that the fans were quite loud in general for both games. We clearly affected both the Giants and the Cardinals offense a couple times in each game. And that's great! I want FedEx Field to bring that home field advantage. There has been a lot of enthusiasm in the stands. We definitely want that. But fans have to channel that energy without creating problems for the team.

And one more example of how ignorant our fans are.....so few know the words to the fight song. In another thread, we have debated the value of the new video that shows the words on the screen. When the band strikes up HTTR, hardly anyone sings the words. But when the video version comes on the screen, everyone is karoaking and the song is incredibly loud because everyone is singing along. Again, the energy and enthusiasm is there; they just do not know when to be loud and need to learn the words to our fight song.

OK.....I'll get off my soap box now.

next thing you know to show that they are total idiots they will be doing the wave.. i always figured the people who do that dumb shyt is the people who just go out to a game to be going out to a game, they dont really care about what is happening on the field.. THEY want to have fun

next thing you know to show that they are total idiots they will be doing the wave.. i always figured the people who do that dumb shyt is the people who just go out to a game to be going out to a game, they dont really care about what is happening on the field.. THEY want to have fun

Every Redskins game I have attended, there have been multiple accounts of the "wave".

After the third time with the chants, I thought exactly the same thing. Why don't you idiots just start the wave while we were on offense. Our fans HAVE done this in past years.

Now my complaint is not directed at all or even a majority of fans. It was quite amazing to see tens of thousands of people in the lower level waving their arms to quiet the idiots who insisted on the RG3 chants. Shoot, there was almost enough wind power from all the flapping arms to lift the stadium off its concrete supports. :D So when I criticize our fan base, I am criticizing a minority of fans; but it is a significant minority who simply do not understand the basics of the game. And nor would they stop despite all the fans waving their arms; some of us yelling to be "quiet"; or the ten foot high "QUIET" sign on the video boards.

I also agree with others about those who are booing our team at the end of the first half. Really? First home game and you are booing your team already?

Finally, I want to add, that I thought Skins fans were great when the Bengals were on offense. The stadium was loud most of the time; particularly when Griffin got us back into the game several times. FedEx Field CAN BE LOUD. But then the players and the referees have to be competent, too.

It was just an all around depressing day for a home opener.

:soapbox: I was thinking of my old thread from last year as I sat watching our offense on the field and hearing tens of thousands of fans start chanting "RG3" while RG3 was trying to call plays in the huddle and the signals at the line of scrimmage. Clearly some of the Redskins fans have not gotten any smarter since last year when I started this thread. I get wanting to be enthusiastic about your new NFL toy. But if you are too freakin' stupid to understand the importance of shutting your ****ing mouth when our team is on offense and too dumb to read ten foot high letters on the video screens that spell out "QUIET", then please stay the **** at home where you can be an imbecile all by yourself. We do not need or want your drunken ass at FedEx Field. You were more pathetic and embarrassing than the men on the field masquerading as referees.

Amen Brother....Amen. Dumb ****ers everywhere

Every Redskins game I have attended, there have been multiple accounts of the "wave".

really,, i've only been to 1 pre season game at fed ex, and no wave, that was probably back in 2007,, the other times i saw them was at rfk back in the late 80's no wave there either,, maybe out of respect for me they didnt do it.. so thanks yall

Sorry if I am wrong , but before on the big tv screen they used to display " Quiet Offence at work" . I didn't notice this yesterday, was the TV displaying that? I think that could help with the situation.

Yes they repeatedly put that up on the big screens and I was definitely doing my part in the lower level to get the minority who were noisy to pipe down. Most were quiet or did quiet down when they realized what was happening through their drunkness lol. But the ones who continued just stood out like sore thumbs.

It's embarrassing that these morons walk among us and tarnish the name of every decent Redskin fan.

Best fanbase in the league my pasty white ass! We're just A N Other fanbase these days. And as much as folk say winning will change that, I disagree. The cultures changed. The type of fan your attracting now has changed. Winning will just make them more inclined to party and **** things up for everyone else. And people will still look to make money on tickets regardless of whether the products better or not.

Hail.

What I found moronic (if a bit off topic for this thread) were the 2 absolutely wothless commentators yesterday who had NO IDEA that an offensive foul on the game's last play doesn't allow the refs to run out the clock. One of the dopes was on the the ever present Albert cadre of stooges but dang, they both were calling for the clock to be wound down. How do these guys get employment?

Archived