Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Helu keeps getting better

Louskins9193

ok what can we get for Ryan in a trade. Because now I just don't see him getting carries with Helu around.

What can we get for a running back who gets injured every time somebody breathes in his direction and isn't good enough to earn a single carry in the first two weeks? I'm pretty sure I know:

ham-sandwich2.jpg

And no sign of Torain for the second straight week.

Hail.

Who cares, we're getting performance by Hightower and Helu. I think it's also pretty much known that Torain is a very similar type back to Hightower, so it wouldn't be much of a change. That's why we see Helu in there, more shiftier and faster so it's a better compliment.

I think we'll see Torain eventually, but no more than 5 carries a game unless HT gets hurt.

We can't aford to trade Torain. If Hightower gets hurt, Torain slides in as the between the tackles runner to combo with Heul as the current change of pace back.

People vastly overstate the necessity of change of pace backs. If Hightower goes down then Helu steps up to the plate as the primary back with Torain available to spell him. The hot hand will always see the bulk of the load in this offense.

Why do people constantly want to trade away our depth?

Same thing happened last year with Fred Davis.

Because they have plenty of confidence in the guy we'd promote to fill Torain's spot. It's not quite analogous to the Fred Davis/Chris Cooley situation.

I have a feeling that Helu could be our #1 RB at some point. Shanny could be analyzing this year like "tryouts." Whoever does the best stays or starts and whoever can't produce is dealt with. I don't think anyone has anything up on anyone at this point except experience. If someone is constantly outshining a starter, they will start after they have proven themselves. HT is here to stay and I'm more than happy with that. This type of depth is exactly what we need at all positions. Look at what happened to our defense today when you don't have depth.

People vastly overstate the necessity of change of pace backs. If Hightower goes down then Helu steps up to the plate as the primary back with Torain available to spell him. The hot hand will always see the bulk of the load in this offense.

Because they have plenty of confidence in the guy we'd promote to fill Torain's spot. It's not quite analogous to the Fred Davis/Chris Cooley situation.

That may be true but we would still need two backs. Assuming Hightower went down I don't think Helu could be counted on to take 20-25 touches a game week after week. Depth is a good thing. By all means trade Torain if someone is willing to offer some value but there is no reason to give him away. He's a great backup.

On Torrain, what's wrong with having a little depth for once?

Sure, if someone blows us away with an offer I'd listen... but why do you guys want to trade away productive players so often. It's a long season.

Makes no sense. Every team has 3 rb's. Torain can spell the both of them or come in if one of the two aren't getting it done.

On Torrain, what's wrong with having a little depth for once?

Sure, if someone blows us away with an offer I'd listen... but why do you guys want to trade away productive players so often. It's a long season.

Understandable:) I just want to see other players on our team play and see some fresh new faces that could help.

That may be true but we would still need two backs. Assuming Hightower went down I don't think Helu could be counted on to take 20-25 touches a game week after week. Depth is a good thing. By all means trade Torain if someone is willing to offer some value but there is no reason to give him away. He's a great backup.

I'm not saying we should give Torain away for the hell of it, it would have to be worth our while if the coaching staff were so inclined. Personally, I don't think Royster represents a big drop off in talent at RB but I'm in no hurry to find out.

I would be shocked and dismayed if Helu couldn't handle 20-25 touches a game. That's not an unreasonable load to place on any talented back.

Archived