Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Helu keeps getting better

Louskins9193

This guy just keeps impressing me, the guy can run, he can catch, he big and strong but has great moves as well, I like the way that Kyle keeps working him in to the lineup. I think in time he will be better than Hightower, he's a very smart runner and he never fumbled in College, Helu has a great future in this league. He gives us a great one two punch.

I think we are sitting a potential Rookie of the Year.. Also Thank You to Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan for a INCREDIBLE Draft.

You old school Reskins fans, Does it feel like the 1981 draft to you like it does me? Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley etc.

This years draft

Ryan Kerrigan is a STUD!

Jarvis Jenkins is gonna be a player as well (Next Season)

Roy Helu could be the best of them all

Niles Paul

Chris Nield

Dejon Gomes

Hankerson

Markus White

Bradyn Thompson

I love the guy, but let's be honest, a lot of those runs can be credited to the o-line

But, I do love his ability to make guys miss, he plants his foot and breaks the defenders ankles

I don't think so. Helu blew past defenders and Hightower didn't with the same consistency. Are you saying that the line only played for 29?

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 05:27 PM ----------

so you're saying the o-line doesn't deserve credit at all? what an idiotic post! did you contribute anything to the conversation at all? i think not

Whoa, man. He didn't attack you. Calm the eff down. We just won! :cheers:

I've said that Ryan Torain's weakness is his vision and that he's just not consistent enough to be the featured guy if Shanahan has other options. One thing I did not see in the preseason or expect until I watched the game from the stands today was that Helu probably has the best vision of all of our backs. Where Hightower had a few poor gains that could be directly attributed to not following the flow of his blockers, Helu consistently found the best place to cut back with what he was given and got upfield in a hurry. We have yet to see Helu do it week in week out, so I'm not going to get too giddy but you have to be at least a little optimistic after that performance.

I don't want to marginalize Hightower here, either. Both backs clearly had an excellent game and both the blocking and play calling were very good as well.

Fred Davis and Helu are two of the core performers for the offense going forward. You can see their physical talent as they are coming on more each week.

Not a bad draft. Kerrigan last week with Neild 2 sacks. This week Helu gets 10 carries for 74 yards.

Getting some nice contributions early on. Too bad Jenkins had to get hurt or he would have made the defense even deeper.

Fred Davis and Helu are two of the core performers for the offense going forward. You can see their physical talent as they are coming on more each week.

Not a bad draft. Kerrigan last week with Neild 2 sacks. This week Helu gets 10 carries for 74 yards.

Getting some nice contributions early on. Too bad Jenkins had to get hurt or he would have made the defense even deeper.

Kerrigan has been a bigger impact player than Orakpo in both games this season and Orakpo has not played poorly. That's just more good news for this team.

Archived