Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Polamalu: Dirty or Frustrated?

Boss_Hogg

Maybe he's dirty when frustrated?

I don't know about dirty.. Looks like he was just trying to rip the ball out.. It also looks like Ray RIce tries to get Polamalu around the throat and Troy slams him to the ground.

One article I read said that Rice grabbed his hair.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not messing with a guy whose name is Leach. It just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Okay here's how the 2nd half started off:

Baltimore kicked off:

Next play Mendenhall fumbled, Baltimore recovers

1st and 10 Touchdown Baltimore (1 Play)

They went for a 2 point conversion with the score 27-7

Kicked off

Next play Roethlisberger interecepted

3 downs, no first down, 4th and 1 PIT 8 yard line, Baltimore goes for it, does not get it

Drive from Pit 8 to Bal 18 ends in interception

Frustrated, disrespected, etc...

Pure bush league from Harbaugh

Don't like the steelers much but I typically can respect the playing style of guys like Polamalu and Clark. I do know these teams have come out with it and verbally admitted that they hate each other, I'm sure that travels to the minds of even the classier players on the team. I think his emotions got the best of him, and who knows what kind of words were spat in that scrum.

I look forward to seeing the rematch later this season

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not messing with a guy whose name is Leach. It just doesn't sound like a good idea.

I went to school with Vonta, I had several classes with him and we even formed a freindship. He's actually a very nice, kind, and honest fellow. I've never seen him get into an altercation, he's a gentle giant. Something must have been said or a Steeler must have laid a cheap shot on one of his teammates.

Did Oher kill a ref in the first video?

Look at 0:26...

LOL' date=' the ref flopped a little bit, looked like WorldCup 2K10

They went for a 2 point conversion with the score 27-7. Pure bush league from Harbaugh

Why in the hell did they go for 2 when they were up by 20? Don't you think they should have saved that trick play for a close game?

It was clearly a play to show up the Steelers.

Personally, I think both teams are dirty. Each has a number of dirty players, and Baltimore has despicable coaches. That being said, I think Polamalu is usually not a cheap shot, dirty player type. However, he definitely went overboard, probably from frustration due to the whooping they were taking AND the disgusting anti-gamesmanship of the Ravens' coaches. It is dissapointing that the players and coaches acted the way they did.

I believe James Harrison said he tries to hurt people, I suspect Polamalu plays the same way. There is a difference between hurting people and injuring people. I don't get the sense that he is trying to end careers or break limbs, but everybody knows the Steelers defense tries to make offenses very uncomfortable by use of high-velocity blows to the body.

Okay here's how the 2nd half started off:

Baltimore kicked off:

Next play Mendenhall fumbled, Baltimore recovers

1st and 10 Touchdown Baltimore (1 Play)

They went for a 2 point conversion with the score 27-7

Kicked off

Next play Roethlisberger interecepted

3 downs, no first down, 4th and 1 PIT 8 yard line, Baltimore goes for it, does not get it

Drive from Pit 8 to Bal 18 ends in interception

Frustrated, disrespected, etc...

Pure bush league from Harbaugh

I probably will never be able to change your opinion with any amount of facts, but I have to point out that the Ravens were up 21-7 (or something like that) the last time they played Pittsburgh, which happend to be their real last game before Sunday... and they lost. If they had not gone for the kill they might have ended up the same situation again.

I went to school with Vonta, I had several classes with him and we even formed a freindship. He's actually a very nice, kind, and honest fellow. I've never seen him get into an altercation, he's a gentle giant. Something must have been said or a Steeler must have laid a cheap shot on one of his teammates.

That's pretty cool. Did he have any nicknames? I'm all ears (eyes) if you have some funny stories to share.

Why in the hell did they go for 2 when they were up by 20? Don't you think they should have saved that trick play for a close game?

It was clearly a play to show up the Steelers.

They took what the defense gave them. When they had kicked their extra points they noticed the Steelers putting everyone on side and simply took advantage of it.

How do you know that the would have gotten another chance during a close game? They had plenty of close games last year and never once attempted a fake extra point. (In fact, I don't think they have faked a kick since 2008 against the Cowboys, but I could be mistaken) Or maybe they would have simply said, "We need to take the safe route and kick it because this game is too close to take the chance."

Anyway, one of the announcers said that doing that might give other teams pause and cause them to take a more conservative approach when they might have otherwise tried to aggresively block one of Baltimore's kicks.

To get back on topic: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6975507/pittsburgh-steelers-ss-troy-polamalu-fined-horse-collar-tackle

Guess who was fined for a horse collar tackle?

Maybe he's dirty when frustrated?

One article I read said that Rice grabbed his hair.

What!!! "Maybe he's dirty when frustrated?" Troy Polamalu? He is not dirty and even the best of players get frustrated and go over the edge. Image the frustration you would feel when you get dominated by a team that you have owned for the past 3 or 4 years and then they turn it around on you. Wouldn't you get frustrated at the teams performance? They played like S*** and it will make anyone made or frustrated. I am not making excuses for Polamalu but when a player like Polamalu has never done or has been know for doing anything like that, I tend to give them a pass. It is the reoccurring offenders that I blast and besides he didn't do half of what others have done.

That's pretty cool. Did he have any nicknames? I'm all ears (eyes) if you have some funny stories to share.

Vonta and I had three classes together. I sat next to him for all three courses.

I remember one class we had in 2001. The professor was a ball buster; Vonta's charm and humor loosened up the class and even made the professor crack a smile. Vonta was a class-clown, but he wasn't annoying about it, he knew the right moment to inject humor.

Vonta wanted to be a social worker, he wanted to help people. He came from a low socioeconomic region in North Carolina.

He's a great person, I wish we hadn't fell out of touch after school, he was a good friend.

Not dirty in the least. He tried to get out of it and was brought back into it. It's not on him.

I do think that he should've stopped going for the ball when the play was over, but, after that he was fine.

As for the Ravens trying to run up the score against the Steelers:

1) Remember the Ravens vs. Steelers in the playoffs? They were up by a million and still lost.

2) If we did it to the Cowboys, then I wouldn't be crying. We did it to the Giants, remember? It's a rivalry. They hate each other.

3) Harbaugh is a dick in general. Taking over DC? Running up a PRESEASON game? He can suck it, but not for this game.

Archived