Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You people irritate me. Front page threads.

Art

Another pompous mod post calling someone an idiot for having a different opinion :doh:

A win doesn't negate the fact that some players under performed on gameday. Diversity on a "fan site" should be commended, not frowned upon. I see lots of "feel good" posts on the front page.

That you are an idiot has zero to do with having a differing opinion than mine. We may well share the opinion that Reed played poorly and could have cost us the game with just how poorly. You are an idiot for being too dumb to know after a big, home, division win against a team that has shredded us, your natural, fan reaction should be a smile and scream of "THANK YOU GUYS." It is only possible to assign the attribute when the behavior is that clear.

I guess I don't understand this thread. I mean, did the OP suddenly wake up and notice there was a problem? Of course it would be nice not have to see the endless knee jerk threads started after games, but they have become almost backgournd writings because of their frequency year after year.

I guess I see things differently.

Edit: But, as I said many years ago, Art does live in his own world.

It's our self preserving mechanism. To feel happiness is to invite the risk of pain.

This. I refuse to get excited about the Redskins until we're three-quarters of the way through the season and we're still sporting a .500+ record. I've been burned too many times and its made me cynical.

I'm happy as hell about the win today, and I won't go out of my way to rain on anyone's parade, but if there's one thing the Redskins have taught me, it's that getting excited too soon will result in heart break every time.

I feel like I just has a Jessica Biel and Alba sandwich...but Reed, Trent, the other 4 on the OL were terrible. It's ok to be happy with a win and focus on areas of improvement...It's what the good teams do. You/we should get used to it, we're a good team.

Our run D blew also. A little disappointed that all of that effort to infuse youth and talent on the D side of the ball didn't make us more dominant.

I guess I don't understand this thread. I mean, did the OP suddenly wake up and notice there was a problem? Of course it would be nice not have to see the endless knee jerk threads started after games, but they have become almost backgournd writings because of their frequency year after year.

I guess I see things differently.

Edit: But, as I said many years ago, Art does live in his own world.

So, what you're saying here is you completely agree with my post, but, have decided because I once spanked your bottom in the past that you were required to be snide here? Hi Fred. Glad you've missed me.

---------- Post added September-11th-2011 at 08:44 PM ----------

This. I refuse to get excited about the Redskins until we're three-quarters of the way through the season and we're still sporting a .500+ record. I've been burned too many times and its made me cynical.

I'm happy as hell about the win today, and I won't go out of my way to rain on anyone's parade, but if there's one thing the Redskins have taught me, it's that getting excited too soon will result in heart break every time.

This is wise. As I said, it is likely we'll have some serious problems to go over as the year goes on and losses occur.

Today, whether it is a transitional game or not, is a day to just be happy. It does not mean you are able to be happy forever though.

Another pompous mod post calling someone an idiot for having a different opinion :doh:

A win doesn't negate the fact that some players under performed on gameday. Diversity on a "fan site" should be commended, not frowned upon. I see lots of "feel good" posts on the front page.

It's one thing to have a diverse opinion, it is something completely different to just always complain about something. Calling one of the most insightful posters ever on ES a pompous MOD is not exactly what I would call meaningful discussion. And I think what gets old is people pointing out the obvious. It was obvious that the OL, Reed and Hightower did not play up to the level that was hoped for. However to call for the head of the goat after each game let alone a win is not good discussion material. The front page of the board should not regress into the game day thread. IMO> FWIW.

The Redskins scared me today in the first half, I thought the growth was a mirage, they then surprised and delighted me in the second half with solid play. They won, they beat a division rival that has owned them the last six times. I will sleep well tonight.

That you are an idiot has zero to do with having a differing opinion than mine. We may well share the opinion that Reed played poorly and could have cost us the game with just how poorly. You are an idiot for being too dumb to know after a big, home, division win against a team that has shredded us, your natural, fan reaction should be a smile and scream of "THANK YOU GUYS." It is only possible to assign the attribute when the behavior is that clear.

This makes very little sense. On the one hand, you agree that one can point out the team's deficiencies in the win but yet insist that he, and others, are "idiots" for not knowing this win was big.

I think the win was big for the team, but it was against a depleted Giants D. We have a way to go with this team, but a win is a step in the right direction.

I like balanced posts. Rex did great today but had to be because the OL had breakdowns.

Is more preferred than koolaid wader posts.

Shanny will be talking the good and bad too.

Skins fans are enjoying this game, dont fool yourself. its a message board. we all are smiling behind the screen.

This makes very little sense. On the one hand, you agree that one can point out the team's deficiencies in the win but yet insist that he, and others, are "idiots" for not knowing this win was big.

I think the win was big for the team, but it was against a depleted Giants D. We have a way to go with this team, but a win is a step in the right direction.

I made no comment as to whether one should or should not point out obvious weaknesses, merely that I may well share the person's opinion that Reed struggled and could have cost us had things gone differently. I said having won this game, as we did, against that team, the response that most matters is to smile and be happy about it.

Now, whether I believe Reed played poorly or not is irrelevant. I suspect the coaching staff deciding to play him does so for relatively explicable reasons and that after such a win, even if a player doesn't perform great, we can probably avoid the momentary need to request his immediate execution for the rare joy of actually having something encouraging to talk about. I hate Jim Haslett, for example, but, even if I have a quibble about how he does some things, today, you thank him for figuring out how to adjust and limit the Giants after the half. Chances are I can hate him later with reasonable effectiveness.

So, what you're saying here is you completely agree with my post, but, have decided because I once spanked your bottom in the past that you were required to be snide here? Hi Fred. Glad you've missed me.

Art, as I just stated, you live in your own world.

But, let me explain my point once again.

You create a thread, that has been created on more than one occasion on this site, about people creating knee jerk, think before they post and don't really post anything of substance. And, you decide, suddenly, you don't like it.

By your response you didn't agree with my comment, obviously, but clearly you didn't understand you came to the game late, just noticed the score, and decided to comment on it.

That you assumed I was commenting in this thread because you "spanked" my butt in the past clearly proves my last comment. You live in your own world.

:doh: This guy.

I'm an idiot because I made a post highlighting Doughty's terrible play? You're a joke.

You have ZERO idea what my initial "fan reaction" was to today's win.

Yes, I made a topic discussing negative aspects of the victory, but I've also posted in several threads about the outstanding play of other players. I even posted how happy I was of the win in my own "Doughty sucks" thread after you tried to talk down to others who were in agreement with me. I get it, you think you're smarter then everyone, that's cool. As a mod on this site you should try to carry yourself with a little more humility.

Art, as I just stated, you live in your own world.

But, let me explain my point once again.

You create a thread, that has been created on more than one occasion on this site, about people creating knee jerk, think before they post and don't really post anything of substance. And, you decide, suddenly, you don't like it.

By your response you didn't agree with my comment, obviously, but clearly you didn't understand you came to the game late, just noticed the score, and decided to comment on it.

That you assumed I was commenting in this thread because you "spanked" my butt in the past clearly proves my last comment. You live in your own world.

My thread has nothing to do with knee jerk posts of any sort. I love knee jerk posts as they are great fodder and fun to read, whether they are overly positive OR negative. My comment is not one which has occurred here that frequently as my comment is based on the premise that today was a highly rare event for a team that has largely not been any good. In such moments, in spite of being bitten in the past, and knowing the future may not always be so bright, it is still ok to just smile and enjoy yourself. As a group, we have had VERY few moments of this sort over the years. Beating Arizona, say, and doing it almost exactly the same way would not be the same moment for us as fans.

It was a great win and I was ecstatic that we finally came out and beat a team that has dominated us as of late. I do still kind of feel the need to keep in mind that the giants are banged up, and we have a lot of work to do to improve this team. Call it being a realist, afraid to get my hopes up for a team that's let me down time and time again, or maybe you're right and I'm just an idiot.

:doh: This guy.

I'm an idiot because I made a post highlighting Doughty's terrible play? You're a joke.

You have ZERO idea what my initial "fan reaction" was to today's win.

Yes, I made a topic discussing negative aspects of the victory, but I've also posted in several threads about the outstanding play of other players. I even posted how happy I was of the win in my "Doughty sucks" thread after you tried to talk down to others who were in agreement with me. I get it, you think you're smarter then everyone, that's cool. As a mod on this site you should try to carry yourself with a little more humility.

You did not make a topic discussing negative aspects of the victory.

You made a thread calling for the end of a player who is a backup for us starting because the starter was hurt AFTER a win in which he started. It is very likely the team does not expect or hope Reed is a 16-game-starter. It is likely they see him as an excellent special teamer who can step in for you in a pinch and not slaughter you. In the past he has never made plays, but he's rarely just been atrocious, and today he was just about exactly that. But, just as he was responsible for at least the first TD and looked bad on the second against us, he was ALSO on the field when our defense locked the Giants down and took over the game a little. Now, because you did not see him glaringly bad during the great stretch in the second half either means he WAS glaringly bad, and somehow we missed it, OR, the team adjusted, and HE picked his game up AND contributed to a big win against a team that has owned us.

Some MIGHT even be inclined to comment positively on his resilience for starting slowly and picking up his level.

But, even if we have legitimate concerns that Reed should not be our every game starter at safety if we expect to be a very good defense, it's probably a bit goofy to NOT realize he was part of the good play too and it's not all that urgent to call for the axe of a player who'll be sitting down as soon as someone gets healthy.

You did not make a topic discussing negative aspects of the victory.

You made a thread calling for the end of a player who is a backup for us starting because the starter was hurt AFTER a win in which he started. It is very likely the team does not expect or hope Reed is a 16-game-starter. It is likely they see him as an excellent special teamer who can step in for you in a pinch and not slaughter you. In the past he has never made plays, but he's rarely just been atrocious, and today he was just about exactly that. But, just as he was responsible for at least the first TD and looked bad on the second against us, he was ALSO on the field when our defense locked the Giants down and took over the game a little. Now, because you did not see him glaringly bad during the great stretch in the second half either means he WAS glaringly bad, and somehow we missed it, OR, the team adjusted, and HE picked his game up AND contributed to a big win against a team that has owned us.

Some MIGHT even be inclined to comment positively on his resilience for starting slowly and picking up his level.

But, even if we have legitimate concerns that Reed should not be our every game starter at safety if we expect to be a very good defense, it's probably a bit goofy to NOT realize he was part of the good play too and it's not all that urgent to call for the axe of a player who'll be sitting down as soon as someone gets healthy.

This is how a mod, hell any user, should reply, not some ignorant tirade calling people idiots. Try posting this in the Doughty thread to spark some real discussion instead of complaining. I watched Doughty the entire second half and he was the initial player in on a tackle maybe twice, neither coming in a critical situation.

Archived