Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Been Ten Years

Henry

I will never, ever forget the events that happened that day. I will never, ever forget how things transpired in my eyes. This event is of the most vivid memories that I will ever have in my entire life. One of the most emotional experiences that I will ever remember. Every time I hear a story about 9/11, I am deeply saddened.

Many lives were lost that day, the memory of their stories will live on forever. America.

---------- Post added September-11th-2011 at 12:55 AM ----------

and thank you Henry. Much deserved.

I was in 8th grade, sitting in my US History class, in what seemed like another average day, when a teacher from across the hall came barging in the room and said, "I think you need to turn on the TV." When I saw the footage, my first thought was" how weird, a plane crashed into the Twin Towers.' Never in my 13 year old mind did I think terrorist attack until the 2nd plane hit, and when the Pentagon was hit, I honestly wondered whether or not I would be alive or dead by the end of the week. That was an unbelieveably surreal day.

It got even more surreal when my father ( who worked at the Pentagon at the time) brought home a semi-charred business card from his coworkers destroyed office, and it had the distinct smell of jet fuel.

I was in 8th grade, sitting in my US History class, in what seemed like another average day, when a teacher from across the hall came barging in the room and said, "I think you need to turn on the TV." When I saw the footage, my first thought was" how wird, a plane crashed into the Twin Towers.' Never in my 13 year old mind did I think terrorist attack until the 2nd plane hit, and when the Pentagon was hit, I honestly wondered whether or not I would be alive or dead by the end of the week. That was an unbelieveably surreal day.

It got even more surreal when my father ( who worked at the Pentagon at the time) brought home a semi-charred business card from his coworkers destroyed office, and it had the distinct smell of jet fuel.

haha, I was also in my 8th grade history class. The school administration was trying to hide it from us, but our teacher put it on the TV.

Been waiting for this Henry. :)

It's a great day to remember all it means that we are in the United Sates of America. The deepest gratitude to the people in and out of uniform that serve this nation in so many ways, every day. And the same to our allies who have stood at our side in life and death. On that matter, a special thought, personal as well as general, to our friends to the north who are numbered among those who have done such.

May we strive to not let the differences among us trump what unites us.

haha, I was also in my 8th grade history class. The school administration was trying to hide it from us, but our teacher put it on the TV.

Yeah, my class saw everything, I remember this one girl that got so hysterical that she had to be carried out of the room. In my 2nd period class (English), there was no TV, but my teacher had her cell phone, which kept going off every minute or so, and when she answered one, I saw the look on her face when she said " The Twin Towers just collapsed and 3,000 people just died, try to stay with me class". That **** was unbelievable. I don't think I've ever been as scared in my entire life as I was that day.

I was in college...I had just Aced an exam. I Came out into the hallway and saw a dozen students huddled around a TV, several were crying. I had no idea what was going on, but I knew it must be real bad. I Then saw the buildings on fire, I saw people, human beings jumping from 88 floors; one of the most horyfing things I've ever witnessed.

A day I'll never forget.

God bless the victims of 9/11, god bless our soldiers and god bless the best country in the world...The United States of America.

I will never, ever forget the events that happened that day. I will never, ever forget how things transpired in my eyes. This event is of the most vivid memories that I will ever have in my entire life.

Same here and I feel like 09/11 influenced my evolution as a person over time. I was a 19 year old freshman in college at the time and was still pretty impressionable. 09/11 actually opened my mind to a lot of things and I feel like it contributed to me being who I am now which makes me feel good for turning the tragedy into something positive personally. Probably the exact opposite of what the attackers intended. But yeah, it was one of the biggest moments of our lifetimes and I doubt any American who witnessed it will ever forget it.

Was driving down 28 headed to work. Got to work and went with some co-workers to have our first smok, someone came out and said a plan flew into the WTC, we joked and said it must have been a Cesna that got too close and the wind pushed it into the building. Then a few more folks came out and said we had to get inside a see it, watched the entire thing on 25ft tv screens. After a little bit we went out for another smoke and were talking that the towers wouldn't fall, only to go back in and see the South tower had collapsed. Shocked we just stood and watched the rest unfold. We were evacuated due to being next to Dulles. I went straight home put on my BDU's packed my duffles and called my unit. 3 weeks later I was deployed for 2 years.

RIP to all who have fallen on that day and since then.

I never felt so much joy for a person being killed when I heard we got Osama. **** you!!

Tomorrow is gonna be a great day!!

Hail!!

:giantsuck:

10 years. 10 years since I stood on a roof,listening to reports from arriving workers to the site and a beaten up old radio. 10 years since I went from hearing about it,to seeing it when I got home.

IE82r4ycQs4&feature=related

1lKZqqSI9-s

M6f9Jpfz1Vo

Ul--oYht2RE

Reality came crashing in very fast as the news re-played their coverage,in full,of the days horrible events. It was probably like that for many others as well. We stood together back then,and 10 years later,we do so again as we memorialize that tragic day and lives lost at that time. And since.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/preparing-for-the-10th-anniversary-of-sept-11/2011/09/10/gIQAIKOBIK_gallery.html#photo=1

We're still here.

I'M STILL HERE....

Your leader is dead

Go fjuck yourselves!!!!

Way to "destroy" America

I remember where I was when I learned about the attack, but I also remember where I was when I heard OBL was KILLED by NAVY SEALS!!!! I remember honking at people at stoplights to tell them that you were dead, I remember buying a beer for everyone who was drinking a domestic beer at the bar, I remember THAT... I celebrate your death, not because you were a martyr but because you were a coward.

I don't care if I get a time out for that (The "J" is silent)

When I was 13 years old, Smackdown came on live after 2 days of watching 9/11 coverage. WWF fans hated Vince McMahon at the time, but he delivered a great speech to open the show. I don't watch WWE anymore, but I'll never forget this ****. Meant the world to me at the time.

"We will not live our lives in fear."

I was home instead of at school that day.

Sick, but I honestly could have gone. Just didn't feel up to it.

I remember laying down on the couch to get some rest. I can still see and almost feel the fabric. Hated that couch, but for some reason I didn't feel like going in my bedroom.

Phone woke me up. Figured it was the school calling to inform my mom I wasn't there. She was at work and had a nasty habit of forgetting to call them when I wasn't going to be there.

But no. It was my mom calling me.

She sounded upset. I thought she'd been fired or something.

No, this was worse.

"Two planes have flown into the World Trade Center in New York. I'm coming home."

In my groggy state, I couldn't quite process why this was bad news. It took a minute or so.

First thought: My mom's coming home from work, this must be really bad. She never leaves work.

Second thought: Planes flew into the World Trade Center? Must have been..

..I drifted off a bit..

Third thought: ON PURPOSE!

I jumped up and turned on the TV.

I didn't realize at the time I was watching much more than just a terrible attack. I didn't understand that the entire world was about to change. I didn't get that.

It hit me two days later when a friend of mine knocked on my door.

"We're going to ****ing war!"

"Oh yeah..."

The world has been in turmoil since. I don't remember much about the world before 9/11. The only big news events I can recall paying attention to were Y2K and the Gore/Bush election.

Osama Bin Laden. Al Qaeda. National security. These weren't exactly household terms.

I'm pissed about it. I'm pissed those people died. I'm pissed Al Qaeda is still out there, probably plotting their next move. I'm pissed some people use 9/11 to go off the rails against Muslims.

I'm pissed the world will never be as simple as it was on 9/10/11.

Archived