Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why John Beck is Likely to Win the Job

Oldfan

You saw 2 plays where Beck's mobility really helped, he scampered one time for about 8 yards for a key first down and then the QB sneak TD. He was a little shaky at the beginning, McNabb style with a few short passes, hopefully that was just nerves. I am listening to him on the radio right now, he's self critical about those passes. You can see his zip on the ball, clearly he has more of a gun that Rex, except for that one ball the slipped out of his hand that wobbled.

You guys aren't to bright are you. Beck sucks just as much as Rex. We have two QBs on our team that might not even make it as backups on other teams. So give me a break on this Beck is the guy BS. This team is done and we better hope we can find a QB next year.

You guys aren't to bright are you. Beck sucks just as much as Rex. We have two QBs on our team that might not even make it as backups on other teams. So give me a break on this Beck is the guy BS. This team is done and we better hope we can find a QB next year.

Dude, then don't just say you understand and mocks others who don't. Teach us what you know?. :D I am gathering you've been watching Beck in practice and have the full read on him, what's your expert analysis?

Well, we got three wins out of Grossman before he self-destructed, so it's not like it was a horrible decision.

We got one win out of Grossman. We got two more in spite of him. We're a pretty good team with an extremely favorable schedule and soft division stalling out because of our QB situation--a situation that was avoidable.

We got one win out of Grossman. We got two more in spite of him. We're a pretty good team with an extremely favorable schedule and soft division stalling out because of our QB situation--a situation that was avoidable.

Yep - we are one good NFL starting QB away from being a playoff contender. Well a QB plus a LT and LG after todays injuries.

Wonder about the schedule now with Buffalo and Carolina once looking like easy prey. But then again the jets don't look as tough as they once did

all we can go off of is what we've seen and grossman is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. period. the end.

so saying that beck is just as bad means that he has a 4 int game in him, when he came out with the exact same circumstances and no practice with the first team and drove this team to points.

This team as a whole is not as good as you think. And neither is Rex as much to blame as you think. Our backs got stuffed, our receivers were covered, and our protection has been mediocre.

I would be very surprised if Beck makes much of a difference, if he's named the starter. He has more mobility, but on any given play he can be wildly inaccurate. That was why Rex beat him out in preseason and that flaw was on display today. He even forced his own fumble by punching the ball out of his own throwing hand with his non-throwing hand.

all we can go off of is what we've seen and grossman is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. period. the end.

so saying that beck is just as bad means that he has a 4 int game in him, when he came out with the exact same circumstances and no practice with the first team and drove this team to points.

Junk yards...4th quarter yardage is not really telling the entire story...I'm not a hater just stating what usually happens when a backup comes into a game that is already lost, or nearly lost.

Junk yards...4th quarter yardage is not really telling the entire story...I'm not a hater just stating what usually happens when a backup comes into a game that is already lost, or nearly lost.

listen to me carefully:

"all we can go off of is what we've seen"

so if you saw something different than me, please let me know why we can predict that beck is going to have 2+ turnovers a game.

and what happened when vince young came in?

that game was way to close for philly to just lie down and let them go down field. they hadn't done **** in the second half and have already lost 4 games that way.

so your "junk yards" is not telling any story, besides the one in your head.

....We're a pretty good team with an extremely favorable schedule and soft division stalling out because of our QB situation--a situation that was avoidable.
This is a "QB" league.

Yet, everyone was okay with not drafting a QB and not even attempting to upgrade the QB postion via FA.

I really, really, hope whomever plays QB (Beck) will not prevent the rest of the team from reaching their potential this season.

That, would be.........well imho mismanagement.

Dude, then don't just say you understand and mocks others who don't. Teach us what you know?. :D I am gathering you've been watching Beck in practice and have the full read on him, what's your expert analysis?

Well I guess I'm the only one that watched preseason. There is a reason why Grossman was the starter, because he beat out Beck. All we heard all ofseason was how Beck was going to take this team over. Well he didn't and the reason is the guy sucks. Like I said there is any other team in this league that would pickup either of these QBs if we released them. That says all that needs to be said right there. The only thing we had going for us was the Defense and our run game. Both of which looked like crap today.

This is a "QB" league.

Yet, everyone was okay with not drafting a QB and not even attempting to upgrade the QB postion via FA.

I really, really, hope whomever plays QB (Beck) will not prevent the rest of the team from reaching their potential this season.

i just don't get where we would have gotten a qb that wouldn't have held this team back.

this is obviously a rebuilding year, but 3 wins and everyone thinks super bowl. it's just a short attention span.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 07:04 PM ----------

Well I guess I'm the only one that watched preseason. There is a reason why Grossman was the starter, because he beat out Beck. All we heard all ofseason was how Beck was going to take this team over. Well he didn't and the reason is the guy sucks. Like I said there is any other team in this league that would pickup either of these QBs if we released them. That says all that needs to be said right there. The only thing we had going for us was the Defense and our run game. Both of which looked like crap today.

so the defense that posted a second half shutout and gave the offense the ball twice in the second half sucks.

thank you sir, i now know the full range of your "expert analysis"

I agree with: "all we can go off of is what we've seen". What we've seen isn't all that telling IMO. You forget that it was 20 - 6 when Beck came in? Prevent D = junk yards. How many times have we seen a QB do nothing all game and then get huge yardage towards the end of the game? I want to see him play when the other team is ready for him, from start to finish. I don't care what he did in pre-season when he was facing backups most of the time and nothing mattered, or what he did in the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much a lost cause.

Considering that we're playing with 2 back ups QBs anyway, I'd like to see what Becks got when he's fully prepped for game day.

HTTR!!

Those weren't junk yards. We were still in the game and the last thing Reid wanted to see was us driving like that and scoring, not after they blew their lead against the 49ers.

Beck played well against the Colts, decent against the Ravens, bad against Tampa. but if you go back and watch that Tampa game, I doubt you'd think he looked anywhere near as bad as Rex looked like in the last 2 games. Shanny said after the preseason that the competition was close and it was a tough decision. Some of the pro Rex/anti Beck posters on the board IMO hyped it up like Rex was awesome and Beck is a disaster and played up the dichotomy. But I'll take Shanny at his word and that Rex won it by a hair. And since when is it that wild and crazy that a player wins the job in the preseason but loses the job in the season? It happens all the time. Some are acting like we are discovering fire here where a player loses their starting job, it happens all the time in just about every sport.

The fact that Rex can be benched as early as the 5th game of the season, doesn't indicate to me that Shanny thought Beck was a train wreck in the pre season.

I agree with: "all we can go off of is what we've seen". What we've seen isn't all that telling IMO. You forget that it was 20 - 6 when Beck came in? Prevent D = junk yards. How many times have we seen a QB do nothing all game and then get huge yardage towards the end of the game? I want to see him play when the other team is ready for him, from start to finish. I don't care what he did in pre-season when he was facing backups most of the time and nothing mattered, or what he did in the 4th quarter when the game was pretty much a lost cause.

Considering that we're playing with 2 back ups QBs anyway, I'd like to see what Becks got when he's fully prepped for game day.

HTTR!!

Were the Eagles playing prevent? Hell no they weren't. He had to make a big throw on 4th down to keep that drive alive.

This is a "QB" league.

Which QB would you have signed in FA? It looks like we likely get Beck now and you've been hoping for this, I'd let that script play out before worrying.

Archived