Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your most impressive player from the Ravens game...

mojo

Good choices all so far. An unsung choice this week is Helu. Even though his numbers were so-so (13 rushes, 44 yards) I'm impressed with his decisive cuts and combination of quickness and power. On several plays he managed to get something out of nothing.

BTW, what to make of no Evan Royster?

In this order: Hightower (again), Austin, Kerrigan, TW, 'Rak.

I think both Kerrigan and Orakpo looked really good out there. I'm excited about their future. Austin looks like a legit WR, bye BB. Hightower looks great in this offense, another huge run after cutting it back across field, Shanny is probably falling asleep to that highlight tonight.

Oh and Honorable mention to Hankerson. Caught the only pass thrown his way, which he had to reach back and scoop off the grass. Confidence is a huge key for a wideout.

Oh yeh and Cofield is a stud.

Austin looks like a legit WR, bye BB.

I doubt they just cut ties with Banks. Shanahan said he's having platelet-rich plasma therapy, which can take months to fix torn soft-tissue (ligaments, muscle, etc), so I don't think they believe he's going to do any better than the PUP list right now. I think they put him there, then if he's not healed by week 6, he goes on IR and we'll see him again next preseason.

---------- Post added August-26th-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

Hey, actually, I'll take my pick back if Harbaugh was able to keep his fat mouth shut from talking trash after another preseason win where his starters (outside of the receivers, RBs, and Flacco) looked horrible (especially the defense).

If Harbaugh was able to control his over-excitement at winning a game that doesn't count, then I might have to give HIM the award for most impressive performance, mostly because I don't think shutting him up can be done.

I doubt they just cut ties with Banks. Shanahan said he's having platelet-rich plasma therapy, which can take months to fix torn soft-tissue (ligaments, muscle, etc), so I don't think they believe he's going to do any better than the PUP list right now. I think they put him there, then if he's not healed by week 6, he goes on IR and we'll see him again next preseason.

Yeh I was just being a little facetious about the the Banks thing, I just don't like him and feel that with Austin playing well it makes it easier to not have Banks. I doubt they outright cut him though.

Good choices all so far. An unsung choice this week is Helu. Even though his numbers were so-so (13 rushes, 44 yards) I'm impressed with his decisive cuts and combination of quickness and power. On several plays he managed to get something out of nothing.

BTW, what to make of no Evan Royster?

I didn't think much of Royster in the first place. He had some nice holes and tip toed around through em

I want to nominate 2 guys for least impressive:

Clemens- Played his way out of the 3rd QB job IMO. This may be good news as carrying 2 qbs could allow us to squeeze in another rb or wr.

Blades- He needs to look in the mirror and blame himself if he doesn't make the team. he looked slow, out of shape, and missed tackles all over the field. Absolutely awful

Another note, Rocky played ok but really looks lost & tight in coverage. He easily could have had a pick and a couple of breakups today but isn't fluid enough in coverage. I'm hoping Fox wins the job.

I think it's tied between Hightower and Austin.

Terrence Austin is going to be something special, I think. He's going to be one of those guys who comes out of nowhere and makes some nice plays for us during the season.

And Hightower? When he first got traded here, we were talking about him a third down back. Now, it's looking like he could rush for 1,000 yards. I always liked Hightower and was keeping my eye on him because I thought he was going to hit free agency (I think under the old CBA he would've been a RFA), but man, he runs hard, and the way he cuts and gets up field. He went from 3rd down back to making Torain an after thought in three preseason games.

Unless the rules have changed with the new CBA, Banks cannot be put on the reserve PUP list when the season starts. It's IR or active roster (53) or waived. I think those are the only 3 choices.

Unless the rules have changed with the new CBA, Banks cannot be put on the reserve PUP list when the season starts. It's IR or active roster (53) or waived. I think those are the only 3 choices.

I'd like to keep Banks somehow because I wouldn't be surprised if the KO rules got changed again next year. Hat's off to Austin though, you can't argue with his preseason performances. Hightower, Kerrigan and Trent were all up there too. If only we had cut out the penalties... :) (mutters to self... it's just preseason, it's just preseason)

Archived