Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your most impressive player from the Ravens game...

mojo

In my opinion, it 's Terrence Austin the WR. The guy has great hands, catches the ball in traffic, and knows what to do with it when he's got it. He plays bigger than his size as well. Reminiscent of Albert Connell in '99 (before he became the worlds worst cat burglar). That cut back for the score off the screen pass was a thing of beauty.

I'm a huge fan of Banks, but if it comes down to it, I hope Austin makes the team. Banks is a one trick pony whereas Austin could be a solid WR for the Skins for years to come.

I agree with you choice of Austin. I think he makes the team. He's done nothing but impress me all preseason. It's unfortunate for Banks that he got hurt.

I really am falling in love with Hightower though. He is a big play threat everytime he touches the ball. And our o-line was dominating out there.

I was really skeptical about Hightower and his ball handling skills. But as of now I can't think of any one player that has added so much to this team. If he keeps healthy and the ball off the ground I will be really happy with picking him up.

Even though he had a few mental mistakes, I have to go with Kerrigan. That dude is 65 calorie Clay Matthews. He sheds blocks and is in on most plays within 10 yards of the LOS. I completely underestimated that dude. He is definitely a bright spot for this defense and is going to make this squad exciting in the next few seasons.

Hightower did his thing with that TD. Austin has forced his way on the roster.....but a guy that alot of ppl are sleeping on is Rob Jackson. Everytime he's on the field dude gets pressure. they need to find a spot for him.

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 11:17 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind saying Kerrigan, but he needs to cut down on those boneheaded penalties.

Even though he had a few mental mistakes, I have to go with Kerrigan. That dude is 65 calorie Clay Matthews. He sheds blocks and is in on most plays within 10 yards of the LOS. I completely underestimated that dude. He is definitely a bright spot for this defense and is going to make this squad exciting in the next few seasons.

I just can't wait for the regular season to see him tear it up.

Lavar can eat a big ol bag of poopy

With such a terrific performance it's really hard to point to one player. I'll say Trent Williams because I didn't hear Terrell Suggs's name mentioned once and all I saw of Ray Lewis was him getting his ass handed to him by Silverback and then jumping up and down like a fool because his 4th string beat our 4th string.

That is it! I finally realized that those were the Redskins mistakes of old. Players like Lavar and Campbell that made big plays every once in a while but were liabilities most of the time. We got so used to that until we forgot the days of consistency. For my first 10 years as a Redskins fan, we averaged 10 wins a season and it wasn't because we had a lot of players like Lavar on the team. It's because we had a lot of Fletchers and Kerrigans. Guys who were solid players that made few mistakes. That's why we cranked out competitive teams year after year making no names into household names. I'm getting that feeling again with this team and I KNOW we're going in the right direction. All HAIL!

I would go with those that say Kerrigan. For a guy that had no coaching for the entire off-season, is changing positions, learning a new defense, learning to play in the NFL in general, and missed a week or two of TC, he's pretty ******* good.

Seriously, the guy was in on almost every play, he beat THREE blockers on that sack too. He got stopped by one guy and another was coming to help out while he was in the middle of the spin move, then he dodged him AND the RB and got Flacco. That was a really awesome play. He also cut down on his over pursuit issues and he looks like a LBer now.

If he can cut out the penalties (especially on 3rd downs) this guy could easily be in the mix for D rookie of the year. Orakpo and he are going to be pure hell to game plan for, not to mention when we get Landry back, and if Jarvis is okay. They won't know where the pressure's going to come from, and even when the do, it won't matter.

Archived