Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Robert Henson he has been released / per Grant Paulsen Joe Joseph and Kyle O'Donnell have been released also. *UPDATED*

c4man5282

So we keep HB Blades, the worst player on the team, and drop Henson, the young player that has showed the most potential so far. I hope the Steelers or Ravens pick him up and he tears it up with them.

Because he had a good half of a preseaon game last year? Because he came to camp out of shape? Henson is that you?

So we keep HB Blades, the worst player on the team, and drop Henson, the young player that has showed the most potential so far. I hope the Steelers or Ravens pick him up and he tears it up with them.

why would you want a player to go to another team and play well???

Actually liking Henson gone now. That line he tweeted about next time around he will be super motivated pissed me off. He should have been that way to start with and he would have had his ass in shape. He is retweeting comments made by some dumbass Eagles fan on twitter about how the All Hype Team is gonna own us.

Again, if during my time away TK has become a team insider, he can PM me and explain that and I can say, "Oh, I didn't know that."

So now that you've shown up, you're expecting a PM from TK explaining himself? :ols: That's a little egocentric dontcha think? Sort of like making love to yourself in front of a mirror might be a little egocentric. :silly:

Anywho, hope life has been treating you well and welcome back. :cheers:

I've been gone a good long stretch, so, perhaps something different is taking place than I recall. But, I'm nearly certain no one at Redskins Park gives TK any information whatsoever or communicates with him in any way, any day. Tandler is there, but, unless the team functions differently than ever before, he's not behind the ropes getting any tangible access and private info from anyone with a great deal of knowledge. He may pull a coach or personnel guy aside for a quick chat, but such chats will have universal denial as to interest in any player at any time as the team would never tip its hand on anyone in that fashion.

Now, the team is not as tight a ship as it was before. Allen is a gabber and he'll let stuff out. Shanny has good media relations and has the ability to control stories through his media people. Still, the majority of information reporters get is from agents and players, not the team itself.

Again, if during my time away TK has become a team insider, he can PM me and explain that and I can say, "Oh, I didn't know that."

Tandler does have the slight advantage of being affiliated with a partner media organization, so, he'll have a bit more friendly interaction than normal media. Still, whether we are actually interested in Lofa, or anyone else, is not going to come out from the team in any way that anyone would reliably be able to speak on. I tend to believe we do not have interest in Lofa barring something changing on the inside for us. But, I could be wrong.

To add to your post, Art, I believe TK/LL/jsteelz are getting inside info, but I think, as you alluded to, it is very reasonable to believe it's from players/agents and not from the team itself. In fact, I'd be willing to say it's from a player/agent specifically. I agree with you in that it's extremely difficult to see how any member of the organization would be willing to put their neck on the line like that and give away something that may possibly hurt us down the line. A player, on the other hand, might not think it's really that bad or may simply believe that info is not really that significant, and thus, can be handed out easily.

With that said, there is one level of understanding that would make the FO being involved actually seem even more reasonable. If the team is purposely giving these guys info to disseminate, in some instances, it's to mislead. In the game of disinformation (not misinformation, which is unintentional) you've got to tell the truth, like, 9/10 times in order to mislead on that important 10th time. Our wonderful news media has taught us this well. :cool:

For instance, all the inside info these guys gave us leading up to the draft was pretty much spot on, but somehow they were off about the whole Gabbert thing. Now, that could've totally been an incredibly quick shift in direction by Shanahan and he simply surprised everyone by not taking him at 10, but I think it's not unreasonable to believe the insiders were given that after being right the vast majority of the time previously just so it'll get a team looking for a QB to jump out of their seat in fear we'll take him so they can make a trade with us. If that's what happened, and I feel it's not crazy to assume so, that's actually brilliant on their part. The scary thing about disinformation that's done right (where the vast majority of info disseminated is truthful) is, if you're observing or consuming the info given to you, it's almost impossible to discern which piece of info was intentionally misleading.

So now that you've shown up, you're expecting a PM from TK explaining himself? :ols: That's a little egocentric dontcha think? Sort of like making love to yourself in front of a mirror might be a little egocentric. :silly:

Anywho, hope life has been treating you well and welcome back. :cheers:

TK has been pretty good with the tweets lately. His reputation as a good source of the latest info has been earned by his seeming ability to always tweet the latest info.

I do not see any slight against TK really, I just think Art probably has somebody else in mind when he thinks "insider." Just guessing.

I'm glad to see Art posting again. :cheers:

I trust TK but if you dont you can get the same info on Rotoworld about 2 seconds after TK for those of you who dont listen. but he usually is right with them. the problem isnt tk or other insiders its the rumor mill of people out there creating false information, and coaches like Shannahan who do what nobody is expecting.

The last few roster spots are normally filled based on who plays teams best. Blades is a good special teams player and the guy we just picked up was the Steelers special teams captain.

There's no way Henson showed the most potential. That distinction goes to Jarmon.

For instance, all the inside info these guys gave us leading up to the draft was pretty much spot on, but somehow they were off about the whole Gabbert thing. Now, that could've totally been an incredibly quick shift in direction by Shanahan and he simply surprised everyone by not taking him at 10, but I think it's not unreasonable to believe the insiders were given that after being right the vast majority of the time previously just so it'll get a team looking for a QB to jump out of their seat in fear we'll take him so they can make a trade with us. If that's what happened, and I feel it's not crazy to assume so, that's actually brilliant on their part. The scary thing about disinformation that's done right (where the vast majority of info disseminated is truthful) is, if you're observing or consuming the info given to you, it's almost impossible to discern which piece of info was intentionally misleading.

Well, all anyone really had to do was listen to Shanny prior to the draft:

I think [outside pass-rusher] ranks right at the top. Obviously when you have any consistent defense, using the 3-4, you’ve got to have

two great outside pass-rushers, a great nose tackle and a great safety.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/media/combine/2011/Coach-GMs/Shanahan,%20Mike.txt

There was nothing misleading or untruthful.

All folks have to do is simply listen to the HC.

He even alluded to his dissatisfaction with the NT position and that they had a plan in free agency AND the draft to address that spot.

Actually liking Henson gone now. That line he tweeted about next time around he will be super motivated pissed me off. He should have been that way to start with and he would have had his ass in shape. He is retweeting comments made by some dumbass Eagles fan on twitter about how the All Hype Team is gonna own us.

He had one good pre season game in which he got hurt enough to land on IR for the remainder of the year. Call me crazy but I was not in love with HenDog :ols: he may get a look as camp fodder but so far no one Shanny has cut the last two years has come back to "haunt" us including the qb from Oakland. I recall the outrage at Shanny,Sr for cutting the Great Markko Mitchell and look how wrong many people were about that ....until otherwise I'm going to trust the coach knows best.

i was wondering if that might have been the deal on gabbert myself. same with free agency- thats not to say we werent interested in some players, but the signings seemed to be out of left field. shanny seems like the master if misdirection.

Henson is acting like a little kid on twitter now. Prob gonna unfollow him here soon. He's spamming retweets of people saying come to Philly you'll show the Skins what they missed out on twice a year and other retweets of Skins fans saying the team will regret it

Yeah, quite frankly, he's being a punk.

I had to unfollow him a while ago after Dell told me that my warranty doesn't cover computer failures due to grammar check overloads.

Same **** different year.

Time after time fans freak out when "their guy" is cut or isn't signed. At some point I think it's helpful to remember that we have about one tenth of the information the coaches have.

Relax. Let these things play out.

Archived