Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Robert Henson he has been released / per Grant Paulsen Joe Joseph and Kyle O'Donnell have been released also. *UPDATED*

c4man5282

I've been gone a good long stretch, so, perhaps something different is taking place than I recall. But, I'm nearly certain no one at Redskins Park gives TK any information whatsoever or communicates with him in any way, any day. Tandler is there, but, unless the team functions differently than ever before, he's not behind the ropes getting any tangible access and private info from anyone with a great deal of knowledge. He may pull a coach or personnel guy aside for a quick chat, but such chats will have universal denial as to interest in any player at any time as the team would never tip its hand on anyone in that fashion.

Now, the team is not as tight a ship as it was before. Allen is a gabber and he'll let stuff out. Shanny has good media relations and has the ability to control stories through his media people. Still, the majority of information reporters get is from agents and players, not the team itself.

Again, if during my time away TK has become a team insider, he can PM me and explain that and I can say, "Oh, I didn't know that."

Tandler does have the slight advantage of being affiliated with a partner media organization, so, he'll have a bit more friendly interaction than normal media. Still, whether we are actually interested in Lofa, or anyone else, is not going to come out from the team in any way that anyone would reliably be able to speak on. I tend to believe we do not have interest in Lofa barring something changing on the inside for us. But, I could be wrong.

Interesting.

TK seems to not-so-subtly let everyone know that he has some kind of access to inside info and you're saying you're pretty sure he (nor anyone else on ES) does?

:wtf:

This ship is incredibly tight now. Vinny's moves were broadcast for 3 months prior to occuring.

The moves now seemingly come out of the blue. The McNabb and Brown trades last year, the Bowen and Chester signings, the lack of any signings in FA 2010 all come out of nowhere

The ship is certainly much tighter today then it was when Vinny was leaking everything to ESPN

Purely and simply false. Vinny knew where his bread was buttered. He wasn't leaking anything. The PR staff did leak more than it should have though. In all though, the Redskins remain a tight ship with regard to internal sources leaking anything. We didn't know about any of the moves back in the day either. The media still gets some information from agents and players leaking things they hope are helpful. Most moves, especially trades, are kept tight until they happen. Remember, the team brought back Joe Gibbs without anyone knowing until the team called a couple of friendly media when the deal was done.

Our current coach actually TEXTS Adam Schefter. Bruce is EVERYONE'S friend. They do a good job of not releasing anything they don't want released. But we are far more likely to be leak prone now than before.

i liked Hensons motivation and willingness to knock helmets. I wish he had the opportunity to sink or swim before getting cut. He was the guy I was pulling for. Good Luck Robert

But if you like Henson, then he would have been in much worse shape if he was in the final cuts. This way he has a full month to make another team.

That sure feels contrary to reality, Art. We usually knew several of the Redskins moves before free agency started and the accuracy of the pickers guessing the Redskins' first draft pick was uncanny. Cerrato or the Redskins front office used to use leaks to blame and create scapegoats and we heard way too many stories about players misbehaving inside Redskins Park that probably should have been kept internal. Cerrato was a backstabber par excellence.

Purely and simply false. Vinny knew where his bread was buttered. He wasn't leaking anything. The PR staff did leak more than it should have though. In all though, the Redskins remain a tight ship with regard to internal sources leaking anything. We didn't know about any of the moves back in the day either. The media still gets some information from agents and players leaking things they hope are helpful. Most moves, especially trades, are kept tight until they happen. Remember, the team brought back Joe Gibbs without anyone knowing until the team called a couple of friendly media when the deal was done.

Our current coach actually TEXTS Adam Schefter. Bruce is EVERYONE'S friend. They do a good job of not releasing anything they don't want released. But we are far more likely to be leak prone now than before.

I'm not following you, Art. Your last two sentences are fundamentally opposing. If they do a good job of not releasing what they don't want released, which is the antithesis of what Cerrato did (I don't know where you're getting the impression that it was otherwise), then they aren't likely to be leak-prone.

TK, LL56, and JSteelz have, pretty consistently, given the rest of us a heads up days, weeks, or even months before there's a sniff of it somewhere else. Hell, they're the "source with knowledge of the Redskins organization" half of the time.

Are they going to be right all of the time? Hell no. However, as it was said before, they do give a great indication as to what moves can be made. Of course Shanallen are going to keep some cards close to their chests, but those three have a pretty good record with those who have followed them.

Oh, and who cares about Henson? Or Banks? Or Kelly? If they're in the top 53 for us, then they'll be wearing our uniform on September 11 (or however many can dress per game). If not, then I'm glad that they're not on the team. It's not personal. I care about the team, not the player. Unless it's a terrible or wonderful person, Daniels for instance, don't we just want to win? This is ExtremeSkins, not ExtremeBanks or ExtremeHenson or ExtremeMarkoMitchell.

Interesting.

TK seems to not-so-subtly let everyone know that he has some kind of access to inside info and you're saying you're pretty sure he (nor anyone else on ES) does?

I do not know what TK is doing, has done, presents himself as, hints at, or, possibly has developed while I've been getting my life straight. As I said, he can PM me and say, "Oh, yeah, dude, I now hang with X," and I will say, "Gotcha, yeah, that counts as real info and access." I do not believe he speaks to anyone at the Park. If he has knowledge of things going on, he may well know a guy who knows the guys. You are far more likely to get straight answers and inside info from and through the world of the players than through the team. When I was very active here and with the team people knew I had conversations with and hung out with certain people in the organization.

In the course of that relationship I would hear some things I could not reveal in a timely fashion, but could sprinkle in various threads which contained a good placement point for some of it, but most of it was just having fun. I know from that time that Murphy developed some real quasi-friendships with some of the players and may have been and may still be informed on some things from time to time and given he's local he may be developing some things. Real relationships at distance are HARD to come by, especially with anyone who really knows what's going on. My guess is TK probably knows a guy who knows some guys. And he probably gets a little advance warning on some things through this. And there's nothing wrong with that as long as he provides them here.

I still have no idea what the Twitter garbage is all about :)

Oh, and who cares about Henson? Or Banks? Or Kelly? If they're in the top 53 for us, then they'll be wearing our uniform on September 11 (or however many can dress per game). If not, then I'm glad that they're not on the team. It's not personal. I care about the team, not the player. Unless it's a terrible or wonderful person, Daniels for instance, don't we just want to win? This is ExtremeSkins, not ExtremeBanks or ExtremeHenson or ExtremeMarkoMitchell.

I agree. I've always been one to root for the uniform and not the name on the back of it.

I do not know what TK is doing, has done, presents himself as, hints at, or, possibly has developed while I've been getting my life straight. As I said, he can PM me and say, "Oh, yeah, dude, I now hang with X," and I will say, "Gotcha, yeah, that counts as real info and access." I do not believe he speaks to anyone at the Park. If he has knowledge of things going on, he may well know a guy who knows the guys. You are far more likely to get straight answers and inside info from and through the world of the players than through the team. When I was very active here and with the team people knew I had conversations with and hung out with certain people in the organization.

In the course of that relationship I would hear some things I could not reveal in a timely fashion, but could sprinkle in various threads which contained a good placement point for some of it, but most of it was just having fun. I know from that time that Murphy developed some real quasi-friendships with some of the players and may have been and may still be informed on some things from time to time and given he's local he may be developing some things. Real relationships at distance are HARD to come by, especially with anyone who really knows what's going on. My guess is TK probably knows a guy who knows some guys. And he probably gets a little advance warning on some things through this. And there's nothing wrong with that as long as he provides them here.

I still have no idea what the Twitter garbage is all about :)

Art, I'm really not following you here.

You're saying that you haven't observed anything really on ES relating to TK for a long time (it really only happened since just before Shanahan came on board), we're all saying that he does provide a lot of information and rumblings, but you still don't think it's true?

I don't understand how you can say that you don't know what's going on but you're all but certain that X is going on. :whoknows:

I'm not following you, Art. Your last two sentences are fundamentally opposing. If they do a good job of not releasing what they don't want released, which is the antithesis of what Cerrato did (I don't know where you're getting the impression that it was otherwise), then they aren't likely to be leak-prone.

TK, LL56, and JSteelz have, pretty consistently, given the rest of us a heads up days, weeks, or even months before there's a sniff of it somewhere else. Hell, they're the "source with knowledge of the Redskins organization" half of the time.

Are they going to be right all of the time? Hell no. However, as it was said before, they do give a great indication as to what moves can be made. Of course Shanallen are going to keep some cards close to their chests, but those three have a pretty good record with those who have followed them.

To you, but to others as well. I have no doubt that NOW you hear a LOT about possible free agent pick ups and the like a lot before you ever heard of them before. As I've been saying, the ship isn't as tight. The team doesn't let stuff out which would hurt it. It lets out what it wants. Yapping about how the team wants to target a bunch of players who are kind of from the area in the hope they may have extra incentive to look good in front of family seems perfectly reasonable from the good old boy group we have now. JSteelz has always known something about our team but I always felt that was from his relationship in Tennessee where he would understand some things we were doing through people there who knew through agents or the like.

Cerrato never leaked. Unlike Bruce, he was not generally as well liked and known in the league. He had fewer friends. And he had a good job with an owner who was his friend. He wasn't biting that hand. I KNOW of some leakers at the team. Very well actually. But, it wasn't from the Vinny level. I have no doubt we now have a much better idea of things the team is likely to do than ever before. The team is generally far more media savvy than under Swanson where they did go on an offensive against the media. These guys know to feed people and sprinkle out the feeding so they always have "friends" who can help control things.

My BEST inside information with the team came YEARS before the team bought the sight and I chatted daily with reporters who were given great information but couldn't publish it. That environment is returning. And now reporters who couldn't publish it, CAN tweet it or blog it. Best of both worlds for them. You never heard about Bowen being an early target because the team didn't want Dallas making him feel that loved before we could. You heard about Jenkins from Jenkins, not the team. Etc. The team is smart now about how it puts out information and how it holds it close. I have no problem with a generally looser organization. It serves a good purpose.

Art, I'm really not following you here.

You're saying that you haven't observed anything really on ES relating to TK for a long time (it really only happened since just before Shanahan came on board), we're all saying that he does provide a lot of information and rumblings, but you still don't think it's true?

I don't understand how you can say that you don't know what's going on but you're all but certain that X is going on. :whoknows:

I've allowed that in my absence something may have changed and I would be able to understand that and state I'm incorrect about it. I've stated my guess is TK knows a guy who knows some guys. That would not negate the positive nature of the information he may have which may be accurate and right. I just highly doubt it comes out of the team to TK because long distance relationships are HARD to come by. If TK has that level of access that would be AWESOME and cool. I'm not saying he does not. I'm saying I do not believe that he does. And it's a simple matter of him telling me he does and me realizing it. Not all that hard to follow.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying I believe and make room for a different reality.

I've allowed that in my absence something may have changed and I would be able to understand that and state I'm incorrect about it. I've stated my guess is TK knows a guy who knows some guys. That would not negate the positive nature of the information he may have which may be accurate and right. I just highly doubt it comes out of the team to TK because long distance relationships are HARD to come by. If TK has that level of access that would be AWESOME and cool. I'm not saying he does not. I'm saying I do not believe that he does. And it's a simple matter of him telling me he does and me realizing it. Not all that hard to follow.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying I believe and make room for a different reality.

That's really hard for me to follow, though. Long distance relationships are nothing now as compared to 15 years ago. More communication comes over the Internet than other sources, whether it's international or two reporters in the same press box.

You're saying that you're not saying that he doesn't, but you don't think that he does. I mean, that's the same as saying that you have an opinion strong enough to defend, but you don't believe it.

It just doesn't present as very logical is all.

So when is there a thread about Henson taking subtle/not so subtle pot shots at Shanny.

My best guess is they released him this early in camp so that he can tryout for some other teams.

This is exactly what Henson said in his tweets. Shanny told him at most he would play special teams for the Skins. Shanny also told him that he was convinced Henson could play LB in the NFL and that another team would likely pick him up. So they are releasing him now so Henson has a better opportunity to latch onto another team. Henson said his agent had already been contacted by several teams. Henson just wasn't going to get practice time behind Rocky, Perry and Alexander.

That's really hard for me to follow, though. Long distance relationships are nothing now as compared to 15 years ago. More communication comes over the Internet than other sources, whether it's international or two reporters in the same press box.

You're saying that you're not saying that he doesn't, but you don't think that he does. I mean, that's the same as saying that you have an opinion strong enough to defend, but you don't believe it.

No, I believe my opinion. I just recognize there may be information which could possibly invalidate it. TK can say, "Yeah, dude, X" and I'll say, "Wow, man, awesome." I'm also aware the team really didn't like most of us. Me included :). Especially the marketing dudes.

I do not believe it minimizes what positive information TK has provided here. Inside, accurate info can come from many places and I believe I know where his comes from. It's perfectly valid and good that he can share it. But, no, I don't see him with team access. That's not an offense to him. Inside info is inside info.

No, I believe my opinion. I just recognize there may be information which could possibly invalidate it. TK can say, "Yeah, dude, X" and I'll say, "Wow, man, awesome." I'm also aware the team really didn't like most of us. Me included :). Especially the marketing dudes.

I do not believe it minimizes what positive information TK has provided here. Inside, accurate info can come from many places and I believe I know where his comes from. It's perfectly valid and good that he can share it. But, no, I don't see him with team access. That's not an offense to him. Inside info is inside info.

Okay, the highlighted portion makes me feel better about your position.

I was taking your opinion as being that his information was invalid and that he did not have any sort of connection. I know that he has a lot of posts, but he, LL56, and JSteelz have had an accuracy rating that, if they were quarterbacks, would get them a Pro Bowl appearance or two.

Oh, and you should get on board with the twitter thingy. It'll galvanize my point and make your perceived age match your actual age. :cheers:

It is very easy to follow. Art is simply saying, he could be wrong in his belief of how he gets his inside information, but he has yet to be proven wrong in his belief.

I think it is a very good open stance, instead of saying he is 100% sure of his belief when there is room for him to be wrong.

That's a silly thing to say. Just because you aren't ____________ (insert any type of race/ethnic group/creed/etc) doesn't mean that you aren't offended when someone slurs that group.

Sorry, much too busy to be offended by something said by someone I don't know on a subject that has nothing to do with me. Life's too short. Since when are McDonalds workers a minority group/creed/etc? Maybe if threats of physical violence are made, but even then "offense" isn't the right term.

Are we saying now that you simply can't ever criticize anyone? **** the Cowboys and their fans. Ooooopss.... better apologize, guess I just slurred two entire groups. Maybe there's a rehab center where I can go for treatment, turn my life around, redeem myself. Write a letter to Jerry Jones, apologize to the fanbase....

It is very easy to follow. Art is simply saying, he could be wrong in his belief of how he gets his inside information, but he has yet to be proven wrong in his belief.

I think it is a very good open stance, instead of saying he is 100% sure of his belief when there is room for him to be wrong.

An admittedly baseless argument is never a good stance. "I wasn't watching the game, but I heard that we played well, so I believe that we didn't." Doesn't make sense at all.

An admittedly baseless argument is never a good stance. "I wasn't watching the game, but I heard that we played well, so I believe that we didn't." Doesn't make sense at all.

I agree 100% with this. I just don't see how Art's comments relate to this. But I am under the assumption he knows TK. Meaning he has watched "the game" and has a better educated opinion than most of us have on TK. I personally don't know him, but do appreciate the nuggets he drops. But I don't believe everything he posts is truth or certain to happen.

I agree 100% with this. I just don't see how Art's comments relate to this. But I am under the assumption he knows TK. Meaning he has watched "the game" and has a better educated opinion than most of us have on TK. I personally don't know him, but do appreciate the nuggets he drops. But I don't believe everything he posts is truth or certain to happen.

No, he explicitly stated that he has been gone for a long time and hasn't kept up with the board because he was too busy doing things in life that actually mattered. His other posts since his return have alluded to major life changes that are all-consuming.

I have also explicitly stated that not everything that TK or anyone else says happens 100% percent of the time.

No, he explicitly stated that he has been gone for a long time and hasn't kept up with the board because he was too busy doing things in life that actually mattered. His other posts since his return have alluded to major life changes that are all-consuming.

I have also explicitly stated that not everything that TK or anyone else says happens 100% percent of the time.

Ok. I understood what he was saying. I kind of share the same opinion which is why I understood what he was saying. I think TKs connection is a decent one, but I do not think it is direct to the team. But I could be wrong too.

Ok. I understood what he was saying. I kind of share the same opinion which is why I understood what he was saying. I think TKs connection is a decent one, but I do not think it is direct to the team. But I could be wrong too.

And that's fine because you have been active here during TK's disbursement of information.

I'm not even saying that he does have a link; I'm just saying that an opinion based on nothing is not a valid opinion.

Archived