Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Superman: Man of Steel Thread

sly

I have such great respect for the people who edit and create these trailers... they could make an Adam Sandler movie look appealing.

I am down with this, though... Snyder has made two fantastic movies: Dawn of the Dead and The Watchmen.... his other stuff (300) is just god awful but Man of Steel looks to be incredible....

All the early screenings of the movie unanimously praised it. a number of fans tweeted it would be the best movie of the year. I was highly skeptical as the teaser and 1st trailer made the movie look more boring than superman returns. ive also never meen a zach snyder fan. But this trailer makes me beleive those fans were spot on... it looks absolutely incredible. The movies got an absolutely great cast. Very excited to see Michael Shannons take on Zod.

All the early screenings of the movie unanimously praised it. a number of fans tweeted it would be the best movie of the year. I was highly skeptical as the teaser and 1st trailer made the movie look more boring than superman returns. ive also never meen a zach snyder fan. But this trailer makes me beleive those fans were spot on... it looks absolutely incredible. The movies got an absolutely great cast. Very excited to see Michael Shannons take on Zod.

Well, it's a script and screenplay from the Batman trilogy crew (Chris and Jonathan Nolan, plus David Goyer), plus Chris Nolan is producing it.

So it has an excellent background, story wise.

And Snyder's always had spectacular visuals in his movies, he's just struggled when trying to make sense of his own story (Sucker Punch).

As long as he follows the blueprints that the Nolan brothers and Goyer laid out for him, this should be pretty good.

Oh look, another origin story. And it looks unnecessarily dark. Reminds me of A Perfect Circle's Imagine remake.

Looks totally unappealing to me.

I can understand that a Superman origin story might not be too appealing, but:

A - it's hard to bring Superman back to life as a film franchise, and move on from the Christopher Reeves movies, without re-telling that story

B - this isn't going to be the typical Superman origin story...it's been said that some details about Superman and his background have been changed a little, the most notable one being that there's no more Kryptonite in this version of events

A bit apprehensive at this point, given the cast. And that pic doesn't help (dude and costume looks lame to me, sorry). What faith I can muster is based on knowing that those involved may know what NOT to do.

What, you mean the idea of Superman as a Dandy Fop doesn't work for you? ;)

Oh look, another origin story. And it looks unnecessarily dark. Reminds me of A Perfect Circle's Imagine remake.

Looks totally unappealing to me.

We haven't had a Superman origin story in 35 years, don't you think it's about time for another? Heck, Spiderman has had TWO origin stories in 10 years

We haven't had a Superman origin story in 35 years, don't you think it's about time for another? Heck, Spiderman has had TWO origin stories in 10 years

I agree. I'm fine with the origin story. Although i wish they'd used the one in the earlier drafts where he spent time as a soldier in iraq. just how cool would that have been? I'm just glad they didnt go with JJ Abrams awful script.

I do like the premise of this movie though, atleast as i understand it from the trailers. Zod threatens Earth if the governments dont surrender superman to him.

I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it anywhere. So my thoughts:

Superman has always been boring, detached and unsympathetic to me in the comics growing up. He was pretty dull to be honest. He was just too much everything...and it never really made for compelling comics or stories to me.

I was also never a fan of the slow, boring Reeves Superman movies either. They didn't make Superman feel either spectacular or relatable in any way.

Which is why I am so on board with Man of Steel. The action set pieces look fantastic from the trailers so you get all the Super that you need for Superman but there is also an actual story this time around and elements that humanize Superman to a degree, at least a lot more so than any movie before has. There are also thought provoking questions asked, its not mindless blockbuster action. I appreciate all of that and have high hopes for this.

Superman has always been boring, detached and unsympathetic to me in the comics growing up. He was pretty dull to be honest. He was just too much everything...and it never really made for compelling comics or stories to me.

Perfectly sums up my thoughts as well. Just much better put.

Archived