Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what are you most excited for this season?

jaydean

Football. Going to bed Saturday night excited that the next day will be 10 hours of football. Waking up and putting on my jersey, getting my kids in their redskins gear. Waiting from noon to 1pm, the longest hour every week. No matter win or lose, my team or another I love football.

I'm going to say watching progress being made and by the end of the year knowing we'll be even better with another offseason. It's been to many years of getting hopes up at the beginning of seasons and then watching it all fall apart by years end (usually much sooner). I think the team is finally on track and we'll all be witnessing a big turn around. I'm really hoping we have good forward momentum at the end of this season. Unless, of course, Beck and Grossman surprise everyone and we have a strong run THIS year. In which case, with a strong start, I will be drinking the Kool Aid by week 3. Super Bowl baby!

Oddly enough, I'm excited about the WRs. I think Hankerson has some real potential, the chance to see (fingers crossed) Malcolm Kelly actually get on the field and stay there, the young guys they drafted.

And the pass rush and the improved chances of actually getting pressure on the QB, which hopefully will be much improved with Kerrigan and the additions on the line.

what is the one thing you are most excited for this season for our beloved team...mine is the backfield of tim hightower and ryan torain......SHOULD BE AWESOME...

I'm with you Jaydean. But I'll say it more like this: I'm excited about the running game, that is a combination of the improved backfield AND the improved O-line performance. But the key is to get the front five to play well together and execute. With only a month of practice, it's going to be tough. On paper it looks like an improvement, but I'm excited with anticipation to see them improve during this pre-season. Personally, I feel that our running game is the area that needs the most attention from last year. I think we only need to improve the running game to produce 40 or 50 more yards per game (avg). That should result in a significance in extending a few more drives that lead to a score. Imagine if we could trade one three-and-out last year with a scoring drive. Then, say on average, three out of four of those scoring drives were just a field goal. So (3+3+3+7 = 16÷4 = 4) that's, on average, four points per game more. Now, I understand there's no such thing as scoring four points, but look at the difference of what last years' win-loss results could've been if we scored four extra points in each game. We could be 9-7 or, God forbid, 10-6 this year.

Football. Going to bed Saturday night excited that the next day will be 10 hours of football. Waking up and putting on my jersey, getting my kids in their redskins gear. Waiting from noon to 1pm, the longest hour every week. No matter win or lose, my team or another I love football.

My sentiments exactly. I just love football. Watching youtube videos of different personnel highlights has gotten me so excited for the start of the season, I can barely stand it.

I'm excited for potentially third place this year!!! Seriously, if we can just continue to become less and less of a joke and transition into a solid NFL team that's respected, I'll be happy this year. Also I'd love to at least split games with the other teams in the NFCE. And mostly above all, praying that no one (unless we happen to sneak in there) from the NFCE makes it to the super bowl...

Basically how I feel for the upcoming season. Minus the kids part, since I don't have any.

I really want to see beck play, for some odd reason I'm intrigued. It would be funny if he magically turns out to be a savior. Especially with the way talks, if he's full of himself now, I wonder how he is after a couple of wins?

Also, I want to see the eagles fail...

Archived