Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo

....<edit>...You really are quite an enigma Jumbo. Just give us a few clues as to who you really are and what you look like. I've always pictured you as the scholarly/philosopher type with a full beard/mustache, lit cigar, book in hand, glass of bourbon, etc. Am I even remotely close?

While it would not be a comprehensive description (I can hear zoony and TK chuckling), I plead guilty to all you imagined. I don't smoke cigars anymore though (only ever did a little) and I have signed papers with several federal agencies to limit the bourbon (among other things).

Jumbo, out of all of those pics, you put one of Shanny and it's him wearing a Broncos jacket?

Remember, in life it's really about the expression on the face, amigo, the clothing is just a distraction. Always. :)

Remember, in life it's really about the expression on the face, amigo, the clothing is just a distraction. Always. :)

Oh, I'm sure you can find plenty of Shanny looking like that while watching Albert Hansworthless doing conditioning last year.

I bet you were reading novels by the time you hit 4 Jumbo.
Good guess. I actually was reading at 4. By 6 I was devouring comics and Hardy Boy/Tom Swift books. My first week of first grade was disorienting when Dick, Jane, and Spot were trotted out. Thus began a lifetime of feeling alienation and (in the words of Concrete Blonde) "waiting for a sign from one of my kind." :silly:

Congrats Big "J".......... I know who you are......... and I won't tell. ;)

You always were the kind of lady who understood the value of discretion. :)

And Diesel, I sure think Jack Elam is closer in my view, but there is an obligatory pic of me somewhere in the tailgate members-pic thread. Little less hair now and showing a touch of grey, but not much else has changed.

What the hell does this have to do with the Redskins?!

Mods: Feel free to move this thread if you need to. :pfft:

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 11:54 PM ----------

I don't think I will ever get to 15K, i had the majority of my posts in college from 05-08 and at my summer internships where i had no work to do!

Based on my previous post, I probably will be capped somewhere around .. oh .. 3,450. :D

Congrats Jumbo on 15,000. It doesn't seem like it was so long ago I sent you a pm soon after you first joined ES then coincidentally meeting you at Ol' Barneys shortly there after. Having actually known you longer then you've been a mod it cool to see the persona grow. Congrats again and let me know if you're gonna make it to the right coast for a game this season.

This rates something more than the usual rah-rah buddy backslapping that these threads consist of. When you consider just how much work you put into the substance of your posts, sometimes chiding, sometimes playful but always articulate and meaningful, 15K of you is an magnum opus. I cannot even begin to fathom pouring so much effort and though day after day into maintaining and enlightening this community.

Thanks for all of it

bender-applause1.jpg

........<crickets>.........

70459_o.gif

Archived