Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP DCSB: Vinny Cerrato says he’d sign Haynesworth again

'Skins_&_'Stons

Vinny is like the guy who puts honey on his nuts and then sits on a hill of red ants and then doesn't have the sense to stand up and move.
Any guy who would put honey on his nuts and sit on a hill of red ants wouldn't have any sense to begin with :ols:...

That's my favorite cereal.

I'm standin behind Vinny on the Honey on Nuts issue

Honey_Nut_Cheerios2.jpg

To be honest, this is precisely the reason why Vinny was a terrible GM. Not that he made terrible decisions, but that he would repeat the same mistakes over and over and over. Clearly, Haynesworth was a mistake in every possible way from contract, to play, to community. If you can't in hindsight see that then you're likely to make the same decisions again. And he did.

You have to learn from the past and admit your mistakes.

First. let me preface this comment by saying I am not defending Vinny's overall body of work. But, if Haynesworth did in fact perform in his first season as many claim, while Vinny was here, how could his signing be called a mistake? If Vinny was still here, Haslett and the 3-4 most likely would not be, and we'd still be running a 4-3 with Haynesworth playing an integral role. Yeah, the money was stupid, but if the ship was still sailing in the direction it was under Vinny, I'm not so sure that it wasn't a decent move to sign him. After all, how was Vinny supposed to know that the course at Redskins Park was going to change as drastically as it did the following year?

This board as whole IS stupid. We got geniuses like Kdawg, TK, ASF, Jumbo, and many others, but they're severely outnumbered by the rest of us. Only 29% of us were against this deal. (*vainly pats self on back*).

A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.

First. let me preface this comment by saying I am not defending Vinny's overall body of work. But, if Haynesworth did in fact perform in his first season as many claim, while Vinny was here, how could his signing be called a mistake? If Vinny was still here, Haslett and the 3-4 most likely would not be, and we'd still be running a 4-3 with Haynesworth playing an integral role. Yeah, the money was stupid, but if the ship was still sailing in the direction it was under Vinny, I'm not so sure that it wasn't a decent move to sign him. After all, how was Vinny supposed to know that the course at Redskins Park was going to change as drastically as it did the following year?
This bears repeating.

This bears repeating.

What bears repeating is two things:

1. Fat Boy did well himself his first year in 2009. But was still complaining he couldn't "survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is," and distracting the team with his flopping and attitude. He had the same issues with the team in 2009 under Vinny and Blanche's 4-3 defense, that he had under Shanny and Haslett in 2010. Link below.

Haynesworth sounds off on Blache, defense after being sent home.

2. Vinny Cerrato is a freakin idiot. It's been proven many times over.

That is all.

Nothing you said here about Haynesworth's play in 2009 is actually based in reality, but don't let that stop you.

As LKB pointed out: Haynesworth was good in 2009 in the 4-3, even with Blache's bland system. It was when Shanahan came in and the defense switched to a 3-4 that everything went downhill quickly, whether people around here want to admit that or not.

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 11:25 PM ----------

So, Fat Al's whining and complaining about the defense, a 4-3 system mind you, in 2009 and trying to organize a coup with his teammates to skip practices, especially on Christmas, and faking injury after injury, and refusing to pay attention in team meetings was not the beginning of going down hill for you? Really?

Archived