Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Giant blast hits government buildings in Oslo, Norway; shooter fires at youth camp

sacase

Oh, this ought to be good.

You wanna debate the evil Sauds having us liberate Kuwait, rather than let Osama's buddies turn it into Afghanistan?

Or maybe we should have just let Muslim extremists push Jews into the sea?

Go ahead and finish your statement. Why did the people on civilian airliners have to die on 9/11, Koolblue?

We have been screwing with different countries for a long time, have military bases all over their land, blindlessly back Israel and have been causing pain, suffering and death over there for a long time. They brought the fight to us, to try and open Americas eyes, despite liking the people here. We were held accountable, for what the government we elected have been doing. That's according to Bin Laden.

And they didn't have to die. We could have stopped ****ing with the people in other countries and took care of ourselves, but we didn't and this was the result, but as long as we are doing the evil we are doing throughout the world, you and I are not innocent. Each one of us is accountable for our government, our military, our drone attacks, our land mines, our CIA, our ATF giving guns to drug lords, all of it.

When you consider the size and population of the country, this is a 9/11 scale attack for them. Norway has no known internal terrorist group so I'm assuming AQ or some associated/sympathiser group. As I said in this thread, the world has forever changed. The constant threat of terrorism is the new normal.

My deepest sympathy for those who were killed and those who lost loved ones as well as my best wishes to a fantastic country. When I worked in the skydiving industry it was my great pleasure to meet and work with many Norwegians. My biggest impression was one of a people who live life to the fullest. In that light, today's events are truly heartbreaking.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 10:01 PM ----------

We have been screwing with different countries for a long time, have military bases all over their land, blindlessly back Israel and have been causing pain, suffering and death over there for a long time. They brought the fight to us, to try and open Americas eyes, despite liking the people here. We were held accountable, for what the government we elected have been doing. That's according to Bin Laden.

And they didn't have to die. We could have stopped ****ing with the people in other countries and took care of ourselves, but we didn't and this was the result, but as long as we are doing the evil we are doing throughout the world, you and I are not innocent. Each one of us is accountable for our government, our military, our drone attacks, our land mines, our CIA, our ATF giving guns to drug lords, all of it.

Seriously dude. There is a limit to rational free speech and good taste. You just crossed WAY over it. If I said what was on my mind right now I would be banned. So Instead I will just say that IMO, you just crossed into the land of human scum.

Please name all the military bases we have all over their land prior to 9/11. Please share with everyone where these bases with without permission from their governments. PLease tell us what pain, suffering and death we have brought to them.

Let's get to the real meat of the matter, you have an oppressed, uneducated, disenfranchised group of people who live in a miserable part of the world that produces absolutely nothing of value. The only redeeming thing about the whole region is the oil. If there was no oil there, the whole area would be irrelevant. You have a small group of educated individuals who decided that they did not like America and manipulated parts of the populace that they could live a better life in death fighting jihad. Like other before them (christian, muslim and any other violent religious you can thing of), they used religion to combat the moral conflict in the person. Plain and simple, most of these people have been brainwashed.

You last paragraph is particularly galling. We don't go mess with people just to mess with them. Typically, they have done something to us or our allies. But regardless, we were acting in our best interest. You talk about all the "evil" we do. At least don't go an intentionally target civilians and massacre them. Hell, when we even plan our mission we go FAR out of our way to make sure that we don't kill more than those who we intended. Things, such as angle of attack, weather, building material and explosive damage are taking into consideration. When we hit a target, we know exactly how big the crater will be and how much collateral damage is going to be done, hell we even figure out which direction the blast is going to be and where the material ejected from the blast is going to end up. So get off your high horse with this America is evil kick. Those individuals are responsible for their actions and they are much closer to the evil side than America has ever been.

We have been screwing with different countries for a long time, have military bases all over their land, blindlessly back Israel and have been causing pain, suffering and death over there for a long time.
We went into Kuwait with everybody's INVITATION. Except Saddam and nutcases like Osama. And that region has been beset by war before, since, and may likely still be after America is a country. What exactly are you trying to blame us for, again? Backing the pesky Isrealis? How dare they fight back!
They brought the fight to us, to try and open Americas eyes, despite liking the people here. We were held accountable, for what the government we elected have been doing. That's according to Bin Laden.
They brought no fight to us. They hijacked planes full of innocent unsuspecting people, and crashed them into office buildings. That's like trying to say that Charles Manson was holding us "accountable" for something. :doh:
And they didn't have to die. We could have stopped ****ing with the people in other countries and took care of ourselves, but we didn't and this was the result,
Completely and totally wrong. The 9/11 terrorists are responsible for their own actions. Their own cowardly evil actions. Like Charles Manson.
Tbut as long as we are doing the evil we are doing throughout the world, you and I are not innocent. Each one of us is accountable for our government, our military, our drone attacks, our land mines, our CIA, our ATF giving guns to drug lords, all of it.
What "evil"? I can't believe you're trying to compare deliberately targeting children and elderly to what we do. Drone attacks are a way for us to attack terrorists without having those awful bases you just railed about. Our land mines are one reason there hasn't been war in Korea the last 50 years. (You want to talk landmines in other places, let's talk about where they come from and who uses them.) Our CIA does some bad things, and should be called on it. They're still saints compared to Al Quieda and muslim extremists. You can find running tallies on those guys at sites like this. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

2011.07.20 (Aden, Yemen) - A British businessman is killed in a targeted car bombing.

2011.07.19 (Landi Kotal, Pakistan) - Islamic militants lob mortars into a town, injuring nine children playing cricket.

2011.07.19 (Charkhel, Pakistan) - Religious radicals kill two hostages, burning a student and shooting the other civilian to death.

2011.07.19 (Pattani, Thailand) - Islamists bomb a group of men trying to protect teachers, killing two of the guards.

2011.07.19 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A shopkeeper is killed when two religious groups shoot at each other following a funeral.

2011.07.18 (Farah, Afghanistan) - The Taliban send the beheaded bodies of two hostages to their families.

etc.

Again, what on earth justifies those people on airliners dying on 9/11, koolblue?

(no, i'm not sympathetic to terrorists - they are evil as can be, and targeting civilians is never, ever justifiable. But I wouldn't call it cowardly to decline to "fight like real soldiers" against a US military that can kill you from a thousand miles away with a drone anytime they want. Cowardly. Fighting behind women and children. Using children and women as human bombs. Targeting children at a camp. I call that basic survival tactics.

No they don't fight like soldiers but those among the whiny want them to be treated like soldiers when they are captured.

Oslo was one of my favorite liberty ports when My ships did a North Atlantic Cruise back in the day.

My condolences to those hurt and murdered by the Anti Bacon and dress your women in burlap sacks demographic.

It is still a religion of peace, Allegedly.

The picture on the front page of Drudge is tragic. . . . . :(

I wont post it as it is pretty graphic.

Interesting that none of the 24 hour networks are even talking about it right now.

They may be holding off, because there's so many opportunities to jump to conclusions about who did it and why.

edit: lol at deacons and PCS's gifs.

Absolutely heartbreaking images on the news. My sincerest condolences to the Norwegian people and the victims of this horrible tragedy.

My first thoughts when I saw the news was to contact my friend who lives in Oslo to make sure she and her family are ok. Thankfully she and everyone she knows is fine, but she's shocked and devastated right now. I get the impression she is feeling a very similar pain myself, and most of us felt on 9/11. My heart truly goes out to everyone in that country right now. :(

So is the threory still that this Al Queda? Or is it now being seen as a domestic terrorism? I am confused.

BTW - why wouldn't AQ take credit for it? Even if (and that's the big if) they didn't do it...

All I've seen is that the person who attacked the youth camp was a Norwegian...

Who really knows if this is AQ or domestic at this point.

I'm practicing for when the season is back on in The Stadium.

I've noted the more strike-oriented katas you've performed in the forums lately :pfft:.

I'm trying to get back in shape for the season too, in all forums, but just had another damn birthday and find the challenge increases :D

Ok, I'll stop getting OT.:cool:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/07/oslo-explosion/40289/

5:48 pm - In Brief: Police have arrested a 32 year old Norwegian man who is being linked to both the downtown Oslo bombing of the government building that houses Prime Minster Jens Stoltenberg's office and the shootings at a youth meeting on the nearby Utoya Island. The attacks combined have currently left at least 16 or 17 people dead and over a dozen injured. U.S. officials cited by CNN say that they haven't seen evidence that this had "hallmarks of a big sophisticated attack." Reuters published a list of likely suspects of groups/individuals behind the attack. In remarks on the attack, Prime Minister Stoltenberg said: "No one can bomb us to be quiet. No one can shoot us to be quiet no one can ever scare us from being Norway."

Vancouver Sun twitter feed:

New police pressr: "We can confirm that there are 10 killed at Utøya, and several injured. Search continues."
Police pressr: "The assailant is being interrogated, and we can confirm that he was dressed as a policeman."
Police pressr: "The assailant has NEVER been part of the police force, and has no relation to us. We can't say anything about nationality"
Police pressr: "As we said, we're still searching for people on Utøya, and we can't say anything about any youths in the water."
Police pressr: "We still believe that the bombings in Oslo are connected with the shootings at Utøya, and we've had reports suggesting..
Police pressr cont: ..that someone looking like the assailant may have been observed acting strangely just by the bomb scene."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22/blast-rips-through-norways-capital-injuries-reported/

[update: 5:40 p.m. ET, 11:40 p.m. Oslo] Undetonated explosives were found on Utoya Island, where a gunman opened fire earlier in the day on a Labour Party Youth Camp, Oslo, Norway, acting Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim said late Friday night.

Authorities believe the man traveled to the island from Oslo, where at least seven were killed in a bombing in the city center. The suspect, a 32-year-old Norwegian, was taken into custody after he killed or wounded an unknown number of people, Sponheim said.

With a grain of salt...

http://www.vancouversun.com/Live+Updates+Oslo+bombing/5144505/story.html

Daily News is naming the accused in the attacks today as Anders Behring Breivik. www.dailymail.co.uk
Sky News report that the gunman's name is Anders Behring Breivik. Here's his Facebook profile: www.facebook.com ABSOLUTELY UNCONFIRMED!
BREAKING: The gunman had his own company, dealing with geofarming, which would explain access to explosives.

Archived