Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Giant blast hits government buildings in Oslo, Norway; shooter fires at youth camp

sacase

Islamic Terrorist groups are already claiming responsibilty

One did, and it was debunked, has another made a claim?

I would be surprised if Islamic terrorist groups were able to recruit a Norweigen who was able to obtain a weapon and police badge and all that to carry out an attack, but once again anything is possible.

Also a Palestinian group claimed responsibility for OKC right off the bat, so claims like this aren't terribly reliable.

According to Deac, the Norweigan government is reporting that it is. I'm not near a TV, so I kind of have to rely on others right now. I'll go ahead and take the point you'll probably (and rightfully) make though, that that's usually not a rock-solid idea.

Still unconfirmed who's behind it but security experts on the BBC are saying there's a strong chance it's the first Jihadi attack on a major Country since 7/7. Their saying both bare the hallmarks of Al Qaeda. Lot of connections being thrown up between Norway's support of the US/UK.

Those poor, poor people.

Hail.

One did, and it was debunked, has another made a claim?

I would be surprised if Islamic terrorist groups were able to recruit a Norweigen who was able to obtain a weapon and police badge and all that to carry out an attack, but once again anything is possible.

Also a Palestinian group claimed responsibility for OKC right off the bat, so claims like this aren't terribly reliable.

Where is the retraction?

I respect your opinion but nothing you just said matters to me.

Who exactly would they be fighting anyway? Why are they trying to kill innocent civilians? They are cowards and pieces of scum that deserve to be annihilated. And Norway is not the US military.

All of that is true, and I already made it clear that I felt that way.

I was just responding to your comment that they were "scared maggots too weak to fight like real soldiers."

Fighting against the US and its allies in 2011 "like real soldiers" is suicide, not bravery. Evil crap like this is all they have available to them.

All of that is true, and I already made it clear that I felt that way.

I was just responding to your comment that they were "scared maggots too weak to fight like real soldiers."

Fighting against the US and its allies in 2011 "like real soldiers" is suicide, not bravery. Evil crap like this is all they have available to them.

If they were targeting soldiers, I could find some level of agreement with this.

Welp, that is how assymetrical warfare has worked, pretty much back to the day when those cowardly minutemen hid behind trees and shot at the Brits instead of standing in brave formations and fighting like real soldiers.

(no, i'm not sympathetic to terrorists - they are evil as can be, and targeting civilians is never, ever justifiable. But I wouldn't call it cowardly to decline to "fight like real soldiers" against a US military that can kill you from a thousand miles away with a drone anytime they want. I call that basic survival tactics.)

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 11:09 AM ----------

Absolutely. RIP.

I think it is cowardly to decide not to fight against soldiers. Whether they are more skilled, more lethal, better resourced or not. It is not the TTP that is cowardly in my opinion...it is the choice of target. Which is in a way why in my mind the attacks on the Pentagon and the attack on the World Trade Center were not exactly the same. The Pentagon is a legitimate military target....WTC...nope.

If they were targeting soldiers, I could find some level of agreement with this.
I think it is cowardly to decide not to fight against soldiers. Whether they are more skilled, more lethal, better resourced or not. It is not the TTP that is cowardly in my opinion...it is the choice of target. Which is in a way why in my mind the attacks on the Pentagon and the attack on the World Trade Center were not exactly the same. The Pentagon is a legitimate military target....WTC...nope.

How can you ever fight against our soldiers? If they know who you are, they can kill you from miles away, even thousands of miles away. No one has stood up against us since Saddam Hussein, when his "4th strongest military in the world" got rolled up like cheap newspaper in about 24 hours by our juggernaut.

I guess I'm saying that going after civilians inside a building isn't really any more "cowardly" than going after soldiers sleeping in a barracks. It is despicable, but not cowardly. No one can go toe to toe with the big boys, so if you don't want to just give up in the face of our overwhelming military might, you have to do something other than simply "stand up and fight." :whoknows:

edit: anyone who reads this as a justification or apology for terrorism or for targeting civilians is misreading me, so don't go there, please.

BBC LIve video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14254705

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 03:30 PM ----------

How can you ever fight against our soldiers? If they know who you are, they can kill you from miles away, even thousands of miles away.

I guess I'm saying that going after civilians inside a building isn't really any more "cowardly" than going after soldiers sleeping in a barracks. It is despicable, but not cowardly. :whoknows:

It is very cowardly. Its like fighting a child instead of fighting an adult because you know you can't win.

How can you ever fight against our soldiers? If they know who you are, they can kill you from miles away, even thousands of miles away. No one has stood up against us since Saddam Hussein, when his "4th strongest military in the world" got rolled up like cheap newspaper in about 24 hours by our juggernaut.

I guess I'm saying that going after civilians inside a building isn't really any more "cowardly" than going after soldiers sleeping in a barracks. It is despicable, but not cowardly. No one can go toe to toe with the big boys, so if you don't want to just give up in the face of our overwhelming military might, you have to do something other than simply "stand up and fight." :whoknows:

edit: anyone who reads this as a justification or apology for terrorism or for targeting civilians is misreading me, so don't go there, please.

9/11 terrorists certainly were cowardly. Hijacking airliners that included a lot of children and elders, to begin with.

No excuses. The 9/11 terrorists are scum.

9/11 terrorists certainly were cowardly. Hijacking airliners that included a lot of children and elders, to begin with.

No excuses. The 9/11 terrorists are scum.

They were scum. Evil. Despicable. Horrible. No excuses are being made.

Just noting that being willing to die yourself to take out the target you have set isn't really "cowardly" is it? It's more like insanely, fanatically brave. And evil.

Apparently the guy wasn't a police officer. And the death total on the island seems to be dropping and is now at 10 which is a very good thing after reports of 20-30 or so. Also they are saying that the guy was seen in conjunction with the bombing.

I think all Predicto is saying is that it's the only potentially successful choice they have if they decide to fight at all. They can choose not to fight, fight us "toe to toe" and get annihilated, or resort to acts like this and have a marginal chance to succeed on a small scale. It's not justification, more of an explanation.

Exactly. There is no way for them to "fight fair" and win.

They were scum. Evil. Despicable. Horrible. No excuses are being made.

Just noting that being willing to die yourself to take out the target you have set isn't really "cowardly" is it? It's more like insanely, fanatically brave. And evil.

Wrong. Since when is a murder-suicide considered brave?

April 16, 2011 11:52 AM - 5 dead in apparent murder-suicide in Ohio.

Ohio_Murder_suicide_244x183.jpg

Is anybody going to call that killer "brave"?

The people that coward in Norway killed, weren't trying to hurt him. If he thought so in his own diseased mind, that's not the victims' fault. No more than the family in Ohio's fault. Whoever committed the terrorism in Norway, is a despicable coward. Plain and simple. No bravery involved.

I don't read that as you justifying or apologizing for terrorism at all. The Iraqi Insurgents actually had a much better plan for fighting our military than the Iraqi military. And were pretty successful in it. IED's. Supply route ambushes. Indirect Fire Attacks. Exactly what they were doing before the surge and Petraeus' new doctrinal approach.

Apparently the guy wasn't a police officer. And the death total on the island seems to be dropping and is now at 10 which is a very good thing after reports of 20-30 or so. Also they are saying that the guy was seen in conjunction with the bombing.

Great news!

Exactly. There is no way for them to "fight fair" and win.

I understand what you convey,but to even use the word fight to describe murder of civilians lends them more than they are due.

They are murders for a cause...nothing more....just like abortion provider murderers

Even those that support the cause should find them abhorrent.

Wrong. Since when is a murder-suicide considered brave?

April 16, 2011 11:52 AM - 5 dead in apparent murder-suicide in Ohio.

Ohio_Murder_suicide_244x183.jpg

Is anybody going to call that killer "brave"?

No, I don't call that murder/suicide guy in Ohio brave.

I don't call him cowardly either. I call him evil and insane.

The people that coward in Norway killed, weren't trying to hurt him. If he thought so in his own diseased mind, that's not the victims' fault. No more than the family in Ohio's fault. Whoever committed the terrorism in Norway, is a despicable coward. Plain and simple. No bravery involved.

If you really think that I am claiming that any of this is the "victims' fault," then you are having a conversation with yourself, and not with me.

I guess I just don't understand your definition of "coward." I can hate these evil scumbags down to the core of my being without having to think of them as cowards. :whoknows:

And I hate the derailing that I have done to this thread, so I apologize and I won't do it anymore.

I understand what you convey,but to even use the word fight to describe murder of civilians lends them more than they are due.

They are murders for a cause...nothing more....just like abortion provider murderers

Even those that support the cause should find them abhorrent.

misread and deleted

Archived