Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Giant blast hits government buildings in Oslo, Norway; shooter fires at youth camp

sacase

Calling him sick excuses him, and Im not accusing you of this, but its funny how people just write it off to lunacy when something like this is done by a causcasian man. No discussion about his religious beliefs, no analyzing his politcal beliefs to see what role they played, no talk about the blame that belongs to the culture he was raised in, no wondering if he recieved help and how many other people out there like him are still lurking, no analysis about the frequency of mass murder committed by people of similar race and background -- you know all the things we would do if he was muslim for example.

Not sure if you misunderstood me or something but I just meant "sick" as in he was an evil person. I'm not sure what you are trying to say really but I just mean like he's a bad person. I actually kinda see what you mean like what he was following in terms of ideology.

All this stuff really is crazy it got me to thinking about people who kill for their political and personal beliefs, which end up mostly being a hateful rant against people. Reading what that guy today wrote made very little to no sense he was rambling I couldn't really read it to be honest. Whether it is Timothy McVeigh or Muammar Gaddafi or Bin Laden these people need to be stopped. I looked up the biggest mass murders and read about some of them. Pan Am Flight 103, Oklahoma City bombings, 9/11, Beslan school hostage crisis in Russia....it sorta just tripped me out how the world is run and how people fight I dunno maybe I'm just blazed or something haha. The world is a scary place.

Something about all of this seems off to me. All of his pictures look professionally done including the one of him in a freemason apron. His facebook is brand new and lists Christan conservative hunter. He acted entirely alone in creating, placing, and detonating a bomb... while still killing 80 kids on an island. I don't know what it is yet but something feels strange about this.

Something about all of this seems off to me. All of his pictures look professionally done including the one of him in a freemason apron. His facebook is brand new and lists Christan conservative hunter. He acted entirely alone in creating, placing, and detonating a bomb... while still killing 80 kids on an island. I don't know what it is yet but something feels strange about this.

Well it did happen 2 hours later. But I think there has to be more to the story.

Let me get this straight. This evil ******* moron hated Muslims and multiculturalism, so he acted on his hatred and intolerance of others as if inspired by the worst Islamic extremists. :doh:

That's the funny thing about extremists. No matter what end of the spectrum they're on, they seem to have the same tendencies.

it is probably because of the cartoons of the Prophed Muhammed thing - I think Norway was in the middle of that.
This is what Norwegian gov't is now reporting. That it is indeed retaliation for the Muhammed drawing.
Wasn't that, like, 5 years ago? Those Muslim extremists are just quick on the uptake.
If your doing it over a cartoon drawing, you're a crazy pathetic punk.
Wait, didn't the Mohammad drawing thing happen in the Netherlands?

None of the above.

It happened in Denmark.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-norway-attacks-20110724,0,3637984.story

Norwegian police said Saturday that the death toll from Friday's attacks has risen to 91 and confirmed that they have arrested a suspect whom they described as a right-wing Christian fundamentalist.

In a news conference Saturday morning in Oslo, police confirmed that they had arrested Anders Behring Breivik, 32, on suspicion of orchestrating both the Oslo bombing and the youth-camp shooting rampage and had begun searching two apartments that he owns.

Breivik reportedly owns four properties including a farm on the outskirts of Oslo, allegedly to enable him to store legally a large amount of fertilizer.

I agree with this. It feels off.

Update-

SUNDVOLLEN, Norway (AP) — Norway's national news agency says police are investigating whether a second suspect was involved in a shooting spree on an island where 84 people were killed.

Police have arrested one man on preliminary charges in the massacre and a bombing in Oslo hours earlier.

NTB is reporting Saturday that witnesses told police two people were involved in the shooting on Utoya island. The agency says police are looking into it.

The agency says that the second man apparently wasn't disguised in police uniform. The man under arrest was wearing a sweater with a police emblem on it.

In total, 91 people were killed in the two attacks.

continues....http://news.yahoo.com/report-police-investigating-2nd-suspect-spree-120330168.html

Horrifying thought I didn't see in the article. How many of the dead were children?

How you let someone like that scumbag live, is beyond me.

I read something someway last might that claimed the maximum he could get is 21yrs in prison. No idea if thats accurate, but if so, sad.

My penalty for this scumbag...

One bullet for each person he killed. Slowly. With nicks and flesh wounds to keep him alive as long as possible. Let him suffer, waiting for the next bullet to hit as the fear builds inside him as it did for those children.

Let's see if anyone wants to imitate him after that.

I read something someway last might that claimed the maximum he could get is 21yrs in prison. No idea if thats accurate, but if so, sad.

Yes as a prison sentence but he must be rehabilitated and ready to re-enter society, if he isn't they can keep him there for 5 year periods until he is ready. So more than likely he will be in prison the rest of his life.

Yes as a prison sentence but he must be rehabilitated and ready to re-enter society, if he isn't they can keep him there for 5 year periods until he is ready. So more than likely he will be in prison the rest of his life.

I'd place money he could play his "rehabilitated" card easily after 21 yrs of prison. Madmen like these are often excellent actors too. Wish it wasnt the case.

I'd place money he could play his "rehabilitated" card easily after 21 yrs of prison. Madmen like these are often excellent actors too. Wish it wasnt the case.

I trust the Norweigen prison system, it is one of the best in the world. I doubt they would let him out unless he was fully rehabilitated (not terribly likely since he will be in solitary or confined away from other prisoners for most of his sentence).

NO matter the extremist's religeous affliations, a sane person would not even conceive of doing this. Jim Jones was nuts, David Karesh (sic) was nuts, Osama Bin Laden was nuts, this guy was nuts. In the name of God nobody would ever kill another to promote self-interest. That being said mental illness is no excuse for committing a crime, sorry, but it is not.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2011 at 01:38 PM ----------

I trust the Norweigen prison system, it is one of the best in the world. I doubt they would let him out unless he was fully rehabilitated (not terribly likely since he will be in solitary or confined away from other prisoners for most of his sentence).

This is what I am talking about, fully rehabilitated? Are you f'n kidding me> He should never walk the earth as a free man again.

NO matter the extremist's religeous affliations, a sane person would not even conceive of doing this. Jim Jones was nuts, David Karesh (sic) was nuts, Osama Bin Laden was nuts, this guy was nuts. In the name of God nobody would ever kill another to promote self-interest. That being said mental illness is no excuse for committing a crime, sorry, but it is not.

This. Anyone that sees this as something that will sully the reputation of Christianity doesn't know a darn thing about Christianity; just like those people that hate Muslims because of what a few choice idiots choose to do (and yes, thousands in an organization is "few" when you consider there are over a billion Muslims worldwide).

It's a shame because, from what I understand, religion is rather frowned upon in Scandinavian nations.

God help this **** if he ever pulled this **** in the states, especially in a state like Texas. He'd be on a gurney tomorrow.

This. Anyone that sees this as something that will sully the reputation of Christianity doesn't know a darn thing about Christianity; just like those people that hate Muslims because of what a few choice idiots choose to do (and yes, thousands in an organization is "few" when you consider there are over a billion Muslims worldwide).

It's a shame because, from what I understand, religion is rather frowned upon in Scandinavian nations.

God help this **** if he ever pulled this **** in the states, especially in a state like Texas. He'd be on a gurney tomorrow.

What? People have been killing for Jesus for a long, long time. Religion is responsible for tons of wars and the Christians are no saints.

What? People have been killing for Jesus for a long, long time. Religion is responsible for tons of wars and the Christians are no saints.

No where have I ever denied people have killed in the name of Christ. What am I saying, though, is that the people who have, and the people that choose to condemn the faith as a whole, don't truly understand the tenants of the faith.

I have studied the Native American Indians spiritual practices in the past and always have been interested in other religions, call it a comparative for spiritual value. I consider myself Christian primarily because of cultural upbringing, but first and foremost I like anyone else have a relationship with God. I can't tell others that their God is not the right God, only that God is good and not evil. Doing evil in Gods name is not taught in any spritually based religions in which a higher level of closeness to God is the quest. The NA Indians I found to be really in tune with nature-God's affirmation and creation. One think I read that has always stuck with me is that most Indian tribes built temporary places of worship. Temporay. When nature, be it animals or weather tore down their place of worship it was as God intended to preserve the experience he desired. The quote was, "When the stench of humanity interupts the ability to connect to the creator, the creator changes the place to connect."

Think about that for a minute. Bob Marley said through Rastafarian teachings, i and High. I always thought is was i and I. But the meaning is the same, between you and God. And between God and this guy is not the teaching to kill another, but to help each other along the way, no matter the beliefs that were taught while being raised as a child. And that is why we all should fear any culture teaching hate to children.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2011 at 02:04 PM ----------

Religions don't kill people, people kill people. People use religions for personal gain since the beginning of time. Organized Religion is an oxy moron ,,such as military intelligence....An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora) (from Greek ὀξύμωρον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms. Oxymorons appear in a variety of contexts, including inadvertent errors such as ground pilot and literary oxymorons crafted to reveal a paradox

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of their being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

Archived