Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld via Chris Russell: Haynesworth planning to report to Redskins

MattFancy

You must have forgotten those losses we had where immediately Haynesworth did something - or when he benched McNabb. That way the headlines weren't about him losing, but McNabb was benched or Haynesworth did something. Remember how after they both were benched and we lost, he magically didn't want to talk to the media?

??...Haynesworth never started last season, so he could not have been "benched". Hell, he was on either 2nd or 3rd string from the very first practice. So not sure how Shanahan could have avoided talking to the media after an event that never occurred.

And Shanahan definitely talked to the media after benching McNabb...some say he talked too much, actually lol. If he didn't talk to the media how else could we have found out about McNabb's "cardiovascular endurance"? :ols:...

Seems the only proof you have of Shanahan acting like a child is your warped perception and flawed memory.

What are you trying to say here? :whoknows:

Sometimes not talking to the media is SMART.

ya, i'm lost too. i think he's trying to say it was shanahans fault that haynesworth was made to look bad. but i'm not sure. i really hope not, anyway.

ya, i'm lost too. i think he's trying to say it was shanahans fault that haynesworth was made to look bad. but i'm not sure. i really hope not, anyway.

No, I'm referring to how he always made sure to have Haynesworth or McNabb take a fault for the loss most of the time, where when both of them were benched, he referred to not talking to the media after the loss.

I would too, but it ain't gonna happen with this guy. He's had his butt kissed for far too long I think and you have better odds at winning the state lottery than to expect a 360 attitude change from this guy.

Well 360 brings back around to zero. You meant 180 but we get the gist.

No, I'm referring to how he always made sure to have Haynesworth or McNabb take a fault for the loss most of the time, where when both of them were benched, he referred to not talking to the media after the loss.

oh. i really dont recall shanny blaming either player for a loss.

i will say that mcnabb should take some blame for not playing very well at times. and al could certainly take some blame- like when he laid down on the field while vick scrambled while reading 'war and peace' and threw a TD pass a few yards from als temporarily lifeless corpse, or for not being in shape, or for not playing where he's told, or for leaving his cell phone on or reading a paper during team meetings over and over again, .........

but i dont recall shanny blaming them for anything. but, if he did, he was probably correct.

Shannahan makes him to be bad guy, he makes Shanahan to be the bad guy, don't see anything wrong with that.

I personally don't think Haynesworth is worthless, at least not as much as everyone else believes. I remember some of the things he did in 2009 and as well as how much better the D looked in 2010 when he was on the field. If he and Mike could just come to a truce and stop being ignorant with each other, it'd be better for the both of them.

Fwiw, I completely agree with this post.

Fwiw, I completely agree with this post.

I don't for one reason, I'm tired of pushover coaches and management in general. Letting overpriced players get their way is just what has been the problem with this franchise for too long. Shannahan won't flinch and I'm happy about that. Maybe this team will get better because of it. Haynesworth on the field making plays and being dominant does not equal a football field full of cohesive teammates playing together and winning games, it's just a superstar making plays. We have players like that who ARE willing to be a part of something bigger, and I just don't believe Haynesworth will buy into that. He wants to win and play his way, but not as a teammate.

At this point I'm ready to say blow a roster spot just to sit him and spite him for the whole season. I can't fathom how he isn't embarrassed, both as a professional and as a man, with how he has acted through all of this.

I agree with this if.....

1...we can't get any compensation ie draft pick

2...no matter what he is not to be traded in division.

Id be ok eating his remaining salary and deactivating him for 16 weeks as long as we don't just release him and grant his wish. At this point I wouldn't be disappointed if we only got a 7th outside the division

I can't fathom how he isn't embarrassed, both as a professional and as a man, with how he has acted through all of this.
That's probably because you are thinking like a professional and a man (Disregard if you are female:)). I've said it many times before (not that I expect you to know that) that Haynesworth is not quite playing with a full deck and would probably benefit greatly from getting psychological help. I don't think that he is capable of being embarrassed or that he gives a damn what people think of him.

I don't for one reason, I'm tired of pushover coaches and management in general. Letting overpriced players get their way is just what has been the problem with this franchise for too long. Shannahan won't flinch and I'm happy about that. Maybe this team will get better because of it. Haynesworth on the field making plays and being dominant does not equal a football field full of cohesive teammates playing together and winning games, it's just a superstar making plays. We have players like that who ARE willing to be a part of something bigger, and I just don't believe Haynesworth will buy into that. He wants to win and play his way, but not as a teammate.

fwiw, i completely agree with this post. :)

seriously, we're talking about haynesworth. he wasnt happy under blache- look it up. he wasnt happy last year. he didnt show up in shape for either coach. he's been carted off the field on a stretcher for being out of breathe. not to mention, his lying down on plays was unforgivable.

maybe its possible al is unreachable (barring a further monetary reward), and its not shannys fault that al wont put his big boy pants on and play?

maybe?

He will come but he will either work hard or remain lazy. If he remains lazy then let him go after the last preseason game so he has no impact on any other team. If he works hard then force him to play. Besides Haynesworth knows he may not be in the NFL if things don't work out for him in his sexual misconduct case.

Archived