Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld via Chris Russell: Haynesworth planning to report to Redskins

MattFancy

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/206605/haynesworth-planning-to-report-to-redskins

Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Washington reports that Albert Haynesworth will report to Redskins training camp.

"Of course he will," said a source. The reasons are obvious. Haynesworth wants out of Washington, and the quickest way to force the team's hand is to cause another media blitz by showing up on time. (Assuming Mike Shanahan reacts to the disruption this time.) The Skins can save $3.4 million under the projected salary cap by releasing or trading Haynesworth before the season.

I wonder how long they will sit him and not let practice because he can't pass the fitness test this year?

I'd be accepting of him if he dedicated himself to the team. Everyone knows the dude can play, its just a matter of does he want to.

At this point I'm ready to say blow a roster spot just to sit him and spite him for the whole season. I can't fathom how he isn't embarrassed, both as a professional and as a man, with how he has acted through all of this.

It will be interesting to see what kind of shape he will be in when he arrives. Between falling out on the field, being taken off by a stretcher, only to return to the game under his own power, on top of failing the shuttle test multiple times, one would think he wants to show a better side for his future team.

I'd be accepting of him if he dedicated himself to the team. Everyone knows the dude can play, its just a matter of does he want to.

I would too, but it ain't gonna happen with this guy. He's had his butt kissed for far too long I think and you have better odds at winning the state lottery than to expect a 360 attitude change from this guy.

I want him here if he and Mike can both stop acting like children. Every time I watch those Subway commercials, those two come to mind immediately.
Can you please point to a single time Shanahan acted like a child throughout this ordeal?

Almost my exact words to LL56 on twitter a couple of minutes ago. It all comes down to "want to". He could change the defense but he just doesn't realize that the only person he is hurting is himself.

Can you please point to a single time Shanahan acted like a child throughout this ordeal?

You must have forgotten those losses we had where immediately Haynesworth did something - or when he benched McNabb. That way the headlines weren't about him losing, but McNabb was benched or Haynesworth did something. Remember how after they both were benched and we lost, he magically didn't want to talk to the media?

You must have forgotten those losses we had where immediately Haynesworth did something - or when he benched McNabb. That way the headlines weren't about him losing, but McNabb was benched or Haynesworth did something. Remember how after they both were benched and we lost, he magically didn't want to talk to the media?

You try dealing with a worthless POS player for over a year everyday challenging every decision you make and making you out to be a bad guy to the media constantly. Not to mention basically getting screwed by that player and having him make you look like a ass in front of your boss by taking your bosses money and leaving. I don't think you would be treating that player so great either.

What are you trying to say here? :whoknows:

Sometimes not talking to the media is SMART.

If we could get him motivated to play DE, that'd be great. But, that'll only happen in some dream world where Rod Gardner is in the hall of fame and Adam Archuleta was worth more than two dimes and some pocket lint.

But since this is reality - F that fatty. I would love to ship him off to an AFC team that runs a 34 :) But if there are no trade options, he should sit on our roster until he looks like jabba the hut.

If we could get him motivated to play DE, that'd be great. But, that'll only happen in some dream world where Rod Gardner is in the hall of fame and Adam Archuleta was worth more than two dimes and some pocket lint.

But since this is reality - F that fatty. I would love to ship him off to an AFC team that runs a 34 :) But if there are no trade options, he should sit on our roster until he looks like jabba the hut.

If I wasn't still at work I would totally photo shop Fat Al's head on Jabba's body

You try dealing with a worthless POS player for over a year everyday challenging every decision you make and making you out to be a bad guy to the media constantly. Not to mention basically getting screwed by that player and having him make you look like a ass in front of your boss by taking your bosses money and leaving. I don't think you would be treating that player so great either.

Shannahan makes him to be bad guy, he makes Shanahan to be the bad guy, don't see anything wrong with that.

I personally don't think Haynesworth is worthless, at least not as much as everyone else believes. I remember some of the things he did in 2009 and as well as how much better the D looked in 2010 when he was on the field. If he and Mike could just come to a truce and stop being ignorant with each other, it'd be better for the both of them.

It's going to be hard, considering one has control issues and one has anger issues, but it could happen.

Of course he is. We're already gonna cut him or trade him for a moldy string cheese stick. He doesn't wanna give us ammo for a lawsuit afterwards where we go after his money.

Thanks for ruining my afternoon snack. :-)

Shannahan makes him to be bad guy, he makes Shanahan to be the bad guy, don't see anything wrong with that.

I personally don't think Haynesworth is worthless, at least not as much as everyone else believes. I remember some of the things he did in 2009 and as well as how much better the D looked in 2010 when he was on the field. If he and Mike could just come to a truce and stop being ignorant with each other, it'd be better for the both of them.

It's going to be hard, considering one has control issues and one has anger issues, but it could happen.

One took a HUGE bonus and promised to pay when he did and then turned his back on the team. I'm tired of hearing what he did in 2009. All he's done has complained since getting to DC. Only reason he didn't complain immediately is he pushed Zorn around and got his way. When he saw Shanahan come in he realize he wouldn't be able to do that so he did the next best thing. Absolutely tried to ruin Shanahan's credibility and make him out to be horrible. Haynesworth has been only about himself. Do you really think Haynesworth has been giving his best effort? He LAID down during a play and refused to get up. Shanahan gave him the chance to leave. He told him if you stay here you will be expected to play. Haynesworth has yet to leave up to his side of the bargain.

Archived