Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Women's World Cup Thread : Congrats Japan.

ixcuincle

Have you guys noticed how much better the PK placement in this game was then your typical male world cup? The PKs are all over the place and often include one that sails high. These women were peeling paint off the bars with every shot.

Have you guys noticed how much better the PK placement in this game was then your typical male world cup? The PKs are all over the place and often include one that sails high. These women were peeling paint off the bars with every shot.

They just spoke about that on the 1999 replay lol.

What's your question? They tied in regulation so went to overtime (2 15 minute halves). Brasil score first in that to put them up 2-1, then the US score in injury time of OT to tie the game again, thus they went to a shootout.
Marta's 2nd in OT?

Yep, i noticed that too.

You thinking the Skins need a new kicker? :)

It's because female goalies aren't as athletic. You have to snipe vs. a male because there is a greater chance for them to make a diving save.

I feel like such a failure. I watched the entire game, then when Marta scored in ot, I got pissed and went down to the swimming pool. Then I get out of the pool and open this thread, see that we tied it, proceed to sprint out of the pool area, fall scrape my knee bad, get up run toward elevators, get in apt, turn tv on, pk ended 2 min before. Fail. Oh well. I'm going to record it tonight I think it comes back on at midnight. World cup is the only soccer I can seem to get into. Men's and women's. Hope we can pull it out.

Archived