Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the lockout almost over, how do feel about the probable return of NFL?

88Comrade2000

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We will probably have a new CBA next week.

How do you feel about football returning? Are you excited? Or just ready, since now is about the time we would be returning to football anyway?

---------- Post added July-8th-2011 at 02:48 AM ----------

I voted just ready since now is about when we would be talking about football starting back up anyway. I don't have high expectations this year or even maybe even next year, depending on who our QB is. That is the number question that needs to be answered, that will determine whether this franchise returns to being an elite team or will it be more of the same. Free agency though should be wild and that will make for an interesting July-August,

"Other 1" I'll believe it when it actually is over.

"Other 2" Still Mad as Hell that they couldn't figure out a way to get this resolved in the year leading up to the end of the previous CBA. Nothing has substantially changed since March. The players filed suit, got a temporary stay for 2 days before the appellate court basically maintained the status quo. So why did we have to go through any of this to begin with?

I'm excited, but I am more ready. We kind of had an idea that this thing would take a while. And they've used the old Army trick to make us feel good about it.

"You guys are deploying for 18 months." About 12 months into the deployment, "Okay, you guys are going home in 3 months," (thus taking 3 months off the top), and how merciful those leaders were...lol.

But, let's just get this thing done, it's more of a relief right now than anything.

HAIL!

Mark me down for excited. I want it. Want it to come back. Want it all to get started. Can't wait for the free agent feeding frenzy immediately after the deal gets done. I want to see where the free agents land. I'd like to get fired up about fantasy football leagues again. I'd like to wake up in the morning knowing there's football games in a couple months. I want to feel like wearing my jerseys in the fall. I'm excited to see what the Redskins do in free agency. What steps forward they take this year as a team. I'm tired of the "inching closer to deal" updates and just want it to get started. Period.

The 8th circuit court has ruled the NFL lockout is legal. The court ruled 2-1 that owners can lock out players until a CBA is reached.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, they also ruled the NFL cannot lockout players not under contract such as rookies or free agents because there is no employment relationship.

I suspect this will help motivate the players and onwers.

HAIL!

I voted excited.

But its really more like nervous, especially knowing that FA is right around the corner.

We'll finally get the answer to this lingering question:

Will the Burgundy and Gold make wise moves via FA that address our major needs?

And are we really rebuilding around a young core or going to throw money at older vets hoping they can provide a sticking plaster?

Personally I hope it can hold off until the 18th. Due to some terrible circumstances (house fire) I'm currently finishing my finals from last quarter as an Architecture major this week. I have more than enough work to do so the last thing I need is the distraction of trades/free agency/UDFA/etc.

I don´t think there is a hole of difference. There might have been some rumors about trades and FA´s and mini camps....but there wouldn´t be a hole lot to be excited about.

If we can start around the end of this month, have trainingscamps around the league and can start the season with the HOF game...I am happy.

---------- Post added July-8th-2011 at 08:00 PM ----------

Personally I hope it can hold off until the 18th. Due to some terrible circumstances (house fire) I'm currently finishing my finals from last quarter as an Architecture major this week. I have more than enough work to do so the last thing I need is the distraction of trades/free agency/UDFA/etc.

Good luck with that.....house fire - learning for architecture major, I don´t know if I want you to design my house ;)

It's going to be awesome. When it happens, we'll go from zero football talk to being constantly bombarded with free agent news, rookie signings, and trades.

Yeah! This is exactly what I'm thinking. Breaking News! Breaking News! Breaking News! The scroll at the bottom of sports networks is gonna be bananas.

I actually dont know how I will react. Before this past offseason, Ive been on here multiple times a day. Now I go weeks without coming here. Ive been wrapped up in baseball more then ever and have fully dove into hockey and Im loving it honestly. I will always love the Redskins as my most favorite sports team but Im not sure I will have the same intensity as years before. Im more then glad that football is coming back but I have yet to regain my passion I guess.

Archived