Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever had your ears irrigated ?

Mickalino

Hell yeah. I had it done in January this year. They pulled two big toosie roll wax balls out my ears. Felt like they were taking some brain tissue or somethinig. Afterward I felt like a mutant because I could hear everything. I swear I could hear what people thought.

Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. The doc pulled out a big ball of wax out of an ear and then threw it into a metal trash can. When that thing hit it sounded like he was tossing metal in it.

Hell yeah. I had it done in January this year. They pulled two big toosie roll wax balls out my ears. Felt like they were taking some brain tissue or somethinig. Afterward I felt like a mutant because I could hear everything. I swear I could hear what people thought.

:ols:

Sounds very rewarding. I'm with Zoony on this. I want to try it. I imagine it's like when you're on an airplane and you get that yawn that releases the air pressure and all of a sudden you can hear again.

Dan, my wife got some of those ear candles for a gag gift from her crazy uncle. We tried them, they didn't work. It was a let down

Bummer. But I'm tempted to declare pics or it didn't happen, just for the comedic value of seeing you with a flaming paper cone sticking out of your ear.

That is how I felt the first time. This is my second time, and honestly I did it because my benefits were going to expire Jan 1st 2011 and State Farm was not renewing them. The first time the old man did it, and I swear he was like WTF! I swear it looked like two tootsie rolls. He showed it to me, and then I heard everything in a 5 mile radius. If you are in front of customers its important, because you can actually hear what they say. No pain really. Just feel like air is going through your head like a cartoon or something. You know those scenes in Tom and Jerry when it seems he has nothing inbetween his ears; there you go.

So, how much wax comes out? Is it a ridiculous amount that would make you wonder where it was or just a little bit? I love q-tipping my ears simply to see the wax. The problem is, because I do it all the time, I rarely see much.

I have heard that Q-tips actually make it worse. They jam the wax deeper inside.

When I went to my physician last September, he had mentioned the wax build up in my ears, but never gave me an option for removing it. I never even knew they could do that. I wonder if I could schedule an appointment just to remove the earwax buildup I have.

I think the main reason is that using cold water in the procedure is likely to cause vertigo, dizziness, or pain.

Yep. Definitely can cause those. First time I had to irrigate a kids ear,I didn't know that. So I simply used the distilled water we had out without warming it up a little. Good thing I was there to catch the little guy when he first tried to get up and walk when I was done.

Usually a routine check up with your doctor will look at your ears and let you know if you have a problem with build up.

I've been told that Q-tips can push the stuff deeper as much as actually helping. And getting aggressive with the Q-tip could cause damage. :ols:

Some Debrox can soften it up and then a bulb with slightly warmed water may flush it out. But dependent on how much is in there, the Debrox will cause it to expand and you might lose some hearing until you get the stuff out.

Archived