Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT - My Ex-Gay Friend

Kosher Ham

I've also found that those who refuse to believe that you are or can be born gay, are usually those who believe homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual act.

Well, that is the only way that they can rationalize away their hatred of gays. "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

If they accept that God made gay people the way they are, then the whole thing blows up. So they will not do so, period.

I am saying simply that blind hatred is ignorance.

Ah. Well, if you weren't taking issue with my post, but rather were supporting it, than you have my apologies. By all means, please carry on. :cheers:

So in Metro DC being black is being college educated, likely a government worker, Married, two kids, an owner of a House a nice ride or two. Other places there is the hoodrat mindset where you see saggin pants and wifebeater Tshirt or shirtless.

Yes, and as I pointed out, folks who try to be what they aren't are often chasing a partial impression.

More support for what I posted earlier. Much obliged, sir.

What Church is that? Church of the Devil?

Wow dude...there are plenty of churches that support gay marriage. But just give me a straight answer...if a church decides to perform gay marriage, they should have the right to do so. Let God decide their fate...agree or disagree?

Yeah he didn't turn away those who want to repent..not come to me with your immoral beavior and it's okay with me, he died for our sins, the least anyone can do is accept Jesus into their lives, stop that lifestyle and pray for forgiveness.

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Wow dude...there are plenty of churches that support gay marriage. But just give me a straight answer...if a church decides to perform gay marriage, they should have the right to do so. Let God decide their fate...agree or disagree?

Agree

Yeah he didn't turn away those who want to repent..not come to me with your immoral beavior and it's okay with me, he died for our sins, the least anyone can do is accept Jesus into their lives, stop that lifestyle and pray for forgiveness.

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Agree

I'd argue that the least anyone can do is be accepting of those around them, lead a life in which they contribute to society, and try not to pass judgement or cause harm to others. If you also accept Jesus into your life, bonus points for you, but you don't have to go to church to be a good person.

A true CHURCH will not be conducting any homosexual weddings......there are plenty of false prohets and false houses of God

Yet you agreed with this when it was put out there?

You are all over the place

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Yes, God made them they way they are, but they choose to indulge in the lifestyle. Is it really a hard concept for you to grasp with all that intellect of yours.

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

Yet you agreed with this when it was put out there?

You are all over the place

Nope, I said I agree with letting those churches that want to perform gay marriages do their thing, but I said they are not real CHURCHES. Come on buddy, try to keep up

Alright fellas, I am done, good luck to the guy in the OP's article, hope everything works out for him and he doesn't backslide into his past behavior. I know it must be hard for him with all the forces acting with him and against him

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 01:50 PM ----------

I don't preach tolerance, I preach understanding. And from this thread I understand very clearly that some people are complete idiots :)

You calling yourself an idiot, some good self-analysis there guy!

Politics and religion absolutely rule on this subject and science and skepticism is unwelcome entirely. This topic makes abortion seem reasonable and well grounded.

There isn't a person in here that can tell me what makes a person gay and what makes a person straight scientifically speaking. We can't even truthfully say there is one cause. Some may indeed be born gay, others may choose it, and others may switch spontaneously or purposefully. We don't know. Yet despite the fact that we don't know we have people absolutely certain that homosexuals are born that way. Others absolutely certain that people choose to be gay. Some are convinced that boys raised by weak fathers are more likely to become gay or that abuse is a trigger for "the gay".

Human sexuality in a children's book is simple. Human sexuality in reality is far from it. People argue that being attracted to the same sex is an extreme deviation from normal human sexuality. If so what would you categorize folks that like to be beaten, choked nearly to death, or extremely humiliated? You think that's closer to the birds and the bees then a guy that likes put on some slow jams and get down with another guy? I'm not so sure.

I don't know why people are into what they are into but I do know what "being born that way" is a lousy justification for anything. People are born with all sorts of traits some of which are accepted by society and others that are not. The birth argument is used to step around the choice argument: "if you choose to do X then I can choose not to agree". Here's the problem how do you know who is choosing and who is being propelled towards a behavior by an irresistible influence of biology? Is a bi-sexual man that can choose either gender able to be discriminated against if he chooses homosexual behavior? He unlike most absolutely has a choice.

This is one hell of a complicated debate and I have no answers. I think the intellectual side of it needs to increase however because the arguments I see in these threads are weak and I think the people making them know it but do so anyway.

You mean they should NOT act on the very thing God instilled in them from birth?

And that makes perfect sense to you? :ols:

No, they should act against those urges, just like God has instilled the act to kill in us, some resist the urge to act on that some don't . Not a hard concept.....

Edit : oh, forgot my laugh face :ols::ols::ols:

No, they should act against those urges, just like God has instilled the act to kill in us, some resist the urge to act on that some don't . Not a hard concept.....

Edit : oh, forgot my laugh face :ols::ols::ols:

God did not instill in us the act to commit murder. Killing in and of itself is not bad, which is why all of us have killed at some point in our lives, even if it was just an insect.

But what you're suggesting is the same as saying God made some people left-handed...but He never wanted them to actually BE left-handed lol...

"I have made you left-handed...but don't you DARE actually use your left hand for anything."

"I have made you black...but don't you DARE actually live your life as a black person."

Yeah, absolutely perfect sense, no doubt about that :thumbsup:...

God did not instill in us the act to commit murder. Killing in and of itself is not bad, which is why all of us have killed at some point in our lives, even if it was just an insect.

But what you're suggesting is the same as saying God made some people left-handed...but He never wanted them to actually BE left-handed lol...

"I have made you left-handed...but don't you DARE actually use your left hand for anything."

Ah, the good ol' days when lefties were forced to use their right-hand.

"I have made you black...but don't you DARE actually live your life as a black person."

Yeah, absolutely perfect sense, no doubt about that :thumbsup:...

So freaking thick headed, I said you can choose.....to be left handed or right handed, kill or not kill, be gay or not gay, be hetero or not hetero......God doesn't say nothing about gay being cool, or normal. It's all about choices...GET it. I CHOOSE not to support that crap, the same way the guy in the articles CHOSE not to be gay anymore.....GET IT!!!!

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 02:03 PM ----------

Ah, the good ol' days when lefties were forced to use their right-hand.

In the old testament , the left hand was the unclean hand, just saying. But the new testament trumps the old testament.

Archived