Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT - My Ex-Gay Friend

Kosher Ham

Are you british?

Sorry, lived in Nigeria , a British colony for a while....so some times my spelling like behaviour comes with that "u" instead of our American "behavior".

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

ANyways, back on topic...this guy CHOSE not to be GAY anymore, good for him, hope he sticks it out

Sorry, lived in Nigeria , a British colony for a while....so some times my spelling like behaviour comes with that "u" instead of our American "behavior".

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 12:22 PM ----------

ANyways, back on topic...this guy CHOSE not to be GAY anymore, good for him, hope he sticks it out

so to speak....

heh heh..... he he he...

beavis_butt-head_image_washington_monument_01.jpg

You're right. Good luck to him having sex with people he is not all all physically attracted to. Even better, good luck to him completely suppressing and/or denying any real, genuine physical and/or emotional attraction he does feel with guys.

kilerbee is one of the guys that send all of you guys those emails that you are rich.

I want my 2% agent fee.

Lol, those jokers make a lot of cash...I think they offer some seminars, I will send you an email on that in a sec..............

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

You're right. Good luck to him having sex with people he is not all all physically attracted to. Even better, good luck to him completely suppressing and/or denying any real, genuine physical and/or emotional attraction he does feel with guys.

........Life sucks doesn't it?.....HIS CHOICE !!!

i disagree HERE

the guy may very well be bi... but that doesn't mean he can't/shouldn't suppress whatever urges he has for other partners once he has chosen THE one to spend his life with.

on the other hand.. THIS specific guy's primary problem seems to be extremism in general. He just has to run for the corners, which ever direction he is facing... but that is specific to him, not a general problem.

Then he gets caught with a gay prostitute. Or he has a very "wide stance" in the bathroom. Or he gets himself a rentboy to carry his luggage!

The part of the article I found interesting which the author didn't delve into much is "how many kids today are seduced by the gay lifestyle?"

It's a pretty sweet deal, really. No responsibility, ever. You will never know the burden of having to support a family. You can just swing from boyfriend to boyfriend. Go clubbing and hang out with the guys well into your 40s, and be more than accepted for it. Don't really worry about your job because you are in the Nation's largest fraternity and you can get on somewhere else as long as you're in the club. You go to the best parties, get to wear the nicest clothes, drive the nicest cars, etc.

For those gays that want some semblance of what responsibility is like, they can both pool their $300k annual jobs and move in together in a $4 miillion flat in downtown Manhattan or San Fran, or make a show of public marriage in Massachussetts. Let's just never identify the marriage contingent as anything beyond outliers.

I'm not passing judgement, mind you. I don't really care what someone wants to do with their time. You're not that special. Quite frankly, if you are gay, chances are you are just as boring if not more boring than the rest of us. Stop acting like you're special, because you're not. Nobody outside NavyDave cares what you do with your sexual organs.

However, this is the first time in our nation's history where being gay is not only "okay", it's been glamorized quite a bit by society. I just wonder how many are sucked into the lifestyle for, well, the lifestyle.

The part of the article I found interesting which the author didn't delve into much is "how many kids today are seduced by the gay lifestyle?"

It's a pretty sweet deal, really. No responsibility, ever. You will never know the burden of having to support a family. You can just swing from boyfriend to boyfriend. Go clubbing and hang out with the guys well into your 40s, and be more than accepted for it. Don't really worry about your job because you are in the Nation's largest fraternity and you can get on somewhere else as long as you're in the club. You go to the best parties, get to wear the nicest clothes, drive the nicest cars, etc.

For those gays that want some semblance of what responsibility is like, they can both pool their $300k annual jobs and move in together in a $4 miillion flat in downtown Manhattan or San Fran, or make a show of public marriage in Massachussetts. Let's just never identify the marriage contingent as anything beyond outliers.

I'm not passing judgement, mind you. I don't really care what someone wants to do with their time. You're not that special. Quite frankly, if you are gay, chances are you are just as boring if not more boring than the rest of us. Stop acting like you're special, because you're not. Nobody outside NavyDave cares what you do with your sexual organs.

However, this is the first time in our nation's history where being gay is not only "okay", it's been glamorized quite a bit by society. I just wonder how many are sucked into the lifestyle for, well, the lifestyle.

My feeling as well

I do believe that certain people choose to be gay. Unlike choose to be Black.

Plenty of people choose to "be black" by their actions -- or at least, to act in accordance with the image they have of what it means to "be black." This despite the fact that some of them are not, in fact, genetically of African descent, as evidenced by genetics and also by readily viewed phenotypes like skin color. On the topic of gay vs. not-gay people, there aren't such dead-giveaway outward indicators of their differing genetics (stereotypes aside).

That doesn't change the fact that there most definitely are tens of millions of black Americans who were born that way. And tens of millions of gay Americans who were born that way.

Lots of people act differently from what they are genetically. IMO, often they're chasing an inaccurate caricature or impression. But that's a small proportion, in comparison with the people who actually are that way by birth.

uhm.... it doesn't sound like a "gay lifestyle" you are glamorizing here... it sounds like a $600k a year playboy lifestyle you are glamorizing.

If joining the gay team gets you all of THAT.. then yeah, there might be some extra switch hiting going on... but show me the gays in Roanoke or Tulsa that are getting their platinum gay-cards stamped that way....?

will he be any more inclined to any of this than your typical hetero married man (or woman) that still gets a little frisky from some of them thar interwebz sites?

Life is full of choices, you just pray you make the right choices, some make those choices based on the word of God, some do it regardless of the word. I will always pray for everyone in my mind. I do feel dirty siding with NavyDave on this topic, but the guy in the article made his choice even though it seems like going from one extreme, flaming to another extreme, being on right wing blogs claiming being GAY is the work of the Devil.

It's ironic because people tolerate your "socially deviant behavior" around here all the time, and "pretend it's normal" to be as deliberately intolerant as you are. You could at least return the favor, and exercise more tolerance for people who are different from you because largely they were born that way.

I did predict the left will go all out to equate those who do not agree with abnormal sexual behaviour to racism.

Since it was blacks who embrace the Christian faith that voted against the Gay marriage acts across the nation and they can't openly attack that group as they do Whites and used the media to flood radio, TV and the Web with the pro gay message to change our POV while also stealthly bashing religion.

That has failed so liberals when with the tried and true Judicial activism since they could not get what they wanted via the ballot box.

Not the first time liberals attempted to use moral relativity that way. And it won't be the last. I have no problem admitting I will deviate from morally corrupt Social engineering liberals are forcing on the masses.

So you are saying they are plagued with a birth defect that prevents them from being normal?

By the way guys, when I ask folks to stop talking about Handjobs, and then 40 people quote the post and expand on the handjob point and use the word themselves, it pisses me off. :)

So please, don't get the thread shut down. NavyDave, I know you'd wear a ban from a gay thread as a badge of honor, but know in advance if it were to happen it would have nothing to do with your views. Which are really quite boring.

---------- Post added June-20th-2011 at 12:39 PM ----------

uhm.... it doesn't sound like a "gay lifestyle" you are glamorizing here... it sounds like a $600k a year playboy lifestyle you are glamorizing.

If joining the gay team gets you all of THAT.. then yeah, there might be some extra switch hiting going on... but show me the gays in Roanoke or Tulsa that are getting their platinum gay-cards stamped that way....?

You can pretend like what I said isn't true, we all know differently.

from zoony

Quoted for stupidity.

If anyone thinks that people are becoming gay to get rich, go clubbing and avoid responsibility, I laugh in your face. There is absolutely no reason you can't do all of the things you just listed and stay straight, especially if you make 300k. .

Seriously, what a dumb post.

I try not to come off that way, but I will not support the behaviour ......period. God forbid any kids I have chose that behaviour, if they do they are on their own when they turn 18 and may God have mercy on their soul

Are you British? I thought British people didn't believe in God.

Sorry, just saw the question was already asked.

Plenty of people choose to "be black" by their actions -- or at least, to act in accordance with the image they have of what it means to "be black." This despite the fact that some of them are not, in fact, genetically of African descent, as evidenced by genetics and also by readily viewed phenotypes like skin color. On the topic of gay vs. not-gay people, there aren't such dead-giveaway outward indicators of their differing genetics (stereotypes aside).

That doesn't change the fact that there most definitely are tens of millions of black Americans who were born that way. And tens of millions of gay Americans who were born that way.

Lots of people act differently from what they are genetically. IMO, often they're chasing an inaccurate caricature or impression. But that's a small proportion, in comparison with the people who actually are that way by birth.

Black is an action ? News to me.

Archived