Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beck on NFL Sirius radio

bowhunter

Shanny isn't and hasn't been enamored with Beck.Mike shanahan made a comment that he had faith ect in Beck and people have taken and ran with it. Mike should have confidence in any player currently on the roster and Beck is the only qb on the roster at them moment.Beck will have a shot to compete like every other player in camp.

That is a good point - we only had 2 guys on the roster at QB and one of those at least aint commin back .

I would be interested to see Young here, though it could serve him well to be a back up for a year or two to get his head straight but not so interested in Matt H or Mark B as they have had their time .

I am also not shocked Rex is looking elsewhere - nor am I upset - One thing I did not see is despite probably knowing the system better than anyone Rex still looked like his bipolar up one week down the next self - I think the rumours circularting about the Bengles looking at Rex kind of solidified the thought we were looking at Young etc ...

On an unrelated note- if Shanny is/was as enamored with Beck as he claims, why didn't Beck get any snaps in the last three games of last season after McNabb's benching? This is the reason I think Shanny's infatuation with Beck is BS

this has been addressed by most of the media people with a clue, and beck himself.

it didn't make sense to put in a guy that got here at the end of training camp/preseason, with no time to study the playbook. he ran the scout team all season, which is (obviously) not the redskins playbook nor the redskins 1st or 2nd stringers.

so to throw him out there the last 3 games, with no practice involving the starters or the playbook, didn't make sense and could have actually been detrimental to him. instead they gave rex a shot to see what he's got. and we found out exactly what we needed to - rex is no superstar qb of the future, but he played better than mcnabb.

this has been addressed by most of the media people with a clue, and beck himself.

it didn't make sense to put in a guy that got here at the end of training camp/preseason, with no time to study the playbook. he ran the scout team all season, which is (obviously) not the redskins playbook nor the redskins 1st or 2nd stringers.

so to throw him out there the last 3 games, with no practice involving the starters or the playbook, didn't make sense and could have actually been detrimental to him. instead they gave rex a shot to see what he's got. and we found out exactly what we needed to - rex is no superstar qb of the future, but he played better than mcnabb.

Well it's not looking like he's going to have a lot of time to prepare for this upcoming season with the lockout....nor could any other QB for that matter (besides Grossman)

I just saw this and was going to post. From the sounds of it Shanny likes him a lot and has since he was playing for BYU. As for his attitude now, I like it. I just hope it pans out on the field. His stats starting for the Fins were less than awesome but hey...that years whole team was less than awesome and I am sure everyone can agree that he might be able to prove something behind an 0-line that means anything.

I think John Beck will be more than serviceable at QB for a couple of years. I hear people laugh at him because he has only started in a handful of games and didn't do too well. No QB would have been able to do much on a team that went 1-15. John Beck won't light stuff up, but in this offense, we just need a QB that can manage the offense and let our play maker make plays.

We don't need a QB who throws groundballs (McNabb) and we definitely don't need a QB who turns the ball over (Grossman). I wish that Shanahan stuck with his guns and played Beck at the end of the season, but for whatever reason, he let Grossman ride it out.

I could be wrong about Beck, but I rather find out in a season that might not mean too much than to never find out at all.

beck will suck until he proves otherwise. him getting all excited on the radio and "being a leader" means absolutely nothing right now aside from him blowing hot air. as far as we're all concerned hes a failed 2nd round draft pick at age 30 whos become the starter by default due to the lockout.

again, until i see him do anything aside from talk, hes just fodder.

beck will suck until he proves otherwise. him getting all excited on the radio and "being a leader" means absolutely nothing right now aside from him blowing hot air. as far as we're all concerned hes a failed 2nd round draft pick at age 30 whos become the starter by default due to the lockout.

again, until i see him do anything aside from talk, hes just fodder.

And that's exactly what he said the fan's SHOULD think right now. So you aren't disagreeing with him at all.

And that's exactly what he said the fan's SHOULD think right now. So you aren't disagreeing with him at all.

exactly.

im concerned about all of the "i like what i see in beck/i think he has a chance to do xyz/shanny really likes him so he must have something/call it a hunch but i think we have something good" comments, which will surely pickup as the offseason winds on.

Beck can say all the right things and act like a starter but it is coincidence that he has been with two other clubs before coming to DC. He is a 4 year, 29 year old pro that has very little experience starting. So why would he be a good starter? IS he another Todd Collins? Good enough to fill in but not a franchise starting QB. I will give the guy a chance but at age 29 he isn't a long term solution in my opinion. Rex Grossman, Vince Young, and all the other FA QB's aren't either. So whatever plan Shanahan has it better be a good one otherwise he will be out of town.

exactly.

im concerned about all of the "i like what i see in beck/i think he has a chance to do xyz/shanny really likes him so he must have something/call it a hunch but i think we have something good" comments, which will surely pickup as the offseason winds on.

Eh, I try not to be concerned with what other fans say, except strictly within the confines of ES, where we all love to discuss and debate.

But in general, I don't think having a sizable message board fanbase before he ever takes a real snap for the Skins is something that can have a negative effect on Beck or the team, either way.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:41 PM ----------

I like what I see in Beck. I think he has a chance to be the starter, run the offense, and be a leader. Shanny really likes him so he MUST have something. Call it a hunch, but I think we have something good...

:)

:ols: Nice.

Eh, I try not to be concerned with what other fans say, except strictly within the confines of ES, where we all love to discuss and debate.

But in general, I don't think having a sizable message board fanbase before he ever takes a real snap for the Skins is something that can have a negative effect on Beck or the team, either way.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 03:41 PM ----------

:ols: Nice.

lol, you know that around training camp, if there is one, youll see a bunch of threads hyping of beck just because hes our starter. itll be here on ES, not just on the radio.

im just prepared for quite the ugly season. 6 wins will shock me this year.

Archived