Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beck on NFL Sirius radio

bowhunter

Listened to an interview with John Beck on Sirius radio today. Wish I knew how to post a link to it. This guy sounds exactly like an NFL quarterback should. Brimming with self-confidence, just shy of ****iness. Wants to take on a leadership role, starting with off season drills. Doesn't want to wait for the "leader" title to be handed to him, he wants to be it and live it. When asked about if Redskins fans should be doubting his abilities, he said Yes they should, but is chomping at the bit to prove otherwise.

After listening to this guy, I'm onboard with his off field character, I just can't wait to see if he can back it up with his on-field performance.

Grossman looks to be leaving so we need to sign 2 qbs.

One vet (Bulger/Hasselback) with the promise of an open competition, +

One developmental UDFA (Josh Portis/Pat Devlin/Taylor Potts) for the practice squad or the 3rd qb slot if they carry 3 active???

Blink twice if I'm on to something.

Poor guy...he's been through this before. "Well, you're all we got, so you're the man" then at the very start of free agency, BAM, big named FA signed. "Well, you WERE the man, now you're the back up". Beck: "Story of my life..."

And one that will most likley continue.

Grossman looks to be leaving so we need to sign 2 qbs.

Why is he leaving? Has to be the team's choice, right? I can't imagine a better situation for him than competing with Beck or even being the backup to him. Then again, my sports agent friend told me there were more teams interested in Grossman than McNabb right now.

More money and more of a guarantee to start is what I'm hearing right now.

Wow. I guess my sports agent friend was right. He told me the Bengals and Vikes would rather have him than McNabb. Are those the teams you're hearing?

If we can't resign Rex, I'd like to bring in Hasselbeck/Wallace and an UDFA like Devlin. I'm not sold on Beck but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Hasselback won't sign unless he's guaranteed the starting position and starter $. I'd prefer a situation where we have competition for the spot and that won't happen with Matt.

Hasselback won't sign unless he's guaranteed the starting position and starter $. I'd prefer a situation where we have competition for the spot and that won't happen with Matt.

Then we can do a whole lot worse than Seneca Wallace. Not a guy with a high ceiling, especially at this point, but he's athletic, makes plays, and can execute an offense.

If the Lockout continues into August -- which it probably will -- I don't think signing any FA other than Rex makes sense. They'd have no time to learn the offense. Then again, I guess Young has a chance to be a longterm thing so if you're a believer in him -- and I'm not -- it wouldn't matter as much.

More money and more of a guarantee to start is what I'm hearing right now.

Eh. Oh well. Good riddance. It would have been nice for him to stay, but I'm not terribly devastated by this news. Beck/Hasselback baby! Out of the possible free agents, I think I like Hassel the best.

Eh. Oh well. Good riddance. It would have been nice for him to stay, but I'm not terribly devastated by this news. Beck/Hasselback baby! Out of the possible free agents, I think I like Hassel the best.

Hasselbeck has always been underrated... but he's also old and brittle. And would have to learn a new offense. I'm a fan of the guy, but I just don't think it makes a lot of sense. We'd be very lucky to get one good year out of him.

Hasselbeck has always been underrated... but he's also old and brittle. And would have to learn a new offense. I'm a fan of the guy, but I just don't think it makes a lot of sense. We'd be very lucky to get one good year out of him.

Bring him in to be Todd Collins? If Beck is the starter, we could do a lot worse than to have Hasselbeck backing him up.

Beck battling with young/Matt H/mark bulger

Cinncinati, Seattle, and Minnesota.

Good for Rex.

Somewhere Fletcher Smith screams.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

Bring him in to be Todd Collins? If Beck is the starter, we could do a lot worse than to have Hasselbeck backing him up.

I don't see Hasselbeck agreeing to this. Unless you're talking about Tim.

Archived