Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Donovan McNabb works out with Cardinals players in Arizona

arkowi

What was he working on?.....Overthrowing deep balls and under throwing his recievers at the 1st down mark?

He was teaching receivers how to catch a ball thrown into the dirt at their feet.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

Only the Redskins could mess this thing up! I hate the fact that he's out there instead of here with our players! Give the man at least 2 yrs to prove himself. The entire team looked like crap last year just like Brunell and the Skins looked in Gibb's first year. But look what happened in yr 2!

We've gotta bring this guy back if they want to build some camaraderie and stability with the team.

Oh HELL no.

He was cheep to bring in for a one year tryout which he failed at. NO WAY do we bring him back for what his contract would require for the remaining years. Time to move on from the failed policies of overpaying for vets on the downside of their careers.

Only the Redskins could mess this thing up! I hate the fact that he's out there instead of here with our players! Give the man at least 2 yrs to prove himself. The entire team looked like crap last year just like Brunell and the Skins looked in Gibb's first year. But look what happened in yr 2!

We've gotta bring this guy back if they want to build some camaraderie and stability with the team.

I agree with you.

No way. McNabb isn't the long term answer and with all the work they put forth to get rid of bad contracts to put the team in decent cap shape, it would be stupid to bring him back.

We will probably just end up cutting him, I can see him signing with someone but we wont get a pick for the guy, Philly fleeced us plain and simple, I think Snyder had something to do with that signing and now that it has proven to be a collosal failure hopefully he leaves the decision making to our FO from now on.

Expected to be on his way out of Washington after the NFL lockout ends, Donovan McNabb instead was one of about 20 quarterbacks and receivers -- predominantly from the Cardinals -- who took part in a Wednesday workout in Phoenix, organized by Larry Fitzgerald, The Arizona Republic reported.

McNabb, who lives in nearby Chandler, Ariz., and Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap, who played college football at Arizona State, joined Cardinals quarterbacks John Skelton, Max Hall and Richard Bartel and wide receivers Steve Breaston, Stephen Williams and 2011 seventh-round draft pick Demarco Sampson. The "low-key" workout was closed to all but one member of the media.

"I always believe in a low profile," said McNabb, the Redskins' quarterback. "Guys get a chance to work, and it's not something you're broadcasting all over the place, telling everybody what you doing and who is in town and all of that.

"I think guys understand in this period the work you need to put forth. As you can see, we push each other. A lot of us have known each other for a while."

On his future, McNabb said: "The next couple years, we'll see what happens. Who knows where I'll be anyway? I'm looking forward to that, and when that time comes, step in there and be ready to go."

For his part, Skelton, who was 60-of-126 passing for 662 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions in four starts last season, was glad the Cardinals didn't draft another quarterback.

"The coaching staff has been honest with me all along," he said. "They've said, 'No matter who we bring in, whether it's through the draft or free agency, we just want you to compete.' I'm sure they're going to be scrambling hard to find someone in free agency, so whoever it is, I'm just going to get in here and compete.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fad402/article/mcnabb-heap-fitzgerald-practice-together-in-arizona

l_fitzgerald_d_mcnabb_100902_spot.jpg

As long as he doesn't suit up in B&G next year, I'm happy. He can go throw balls in the dirt to Larry Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall or whoever it is. I could not possibly care less about D Mac or the end of his over-hyped career. If we can get anything for him in a trade, it's icing. If not, him being out of town is reward enough.

So the Eagle doesn't know where he will play next year but instead of being a leader and come in and work out with his current teammates he is in Arizona working with the Cardinals. Some leader he is. No wonder he has won nothing.

Good riddance to that mistake.

He did this last year, too, didn't he? Who cares?

And for the record, I can't believe how many people want to continue on with the McMistake.

He doesn't fit our system. He never did. And he never will. He should have never been traded for. Time to right that mistake.

(Note to all who are going to come in and tell me he's a good QB: I agree with you. But he's not a fit for our system, and let's face it, he's getting long in the tooth.)

He was teaching receivers how to catch a ball thrown into the dirt at their feet.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

Oh HELL no.

He was cheep to bring in for a one year tryout which he failed at. NO WAY do we bring him back for what his contract would require for the remaining years. Time to move on from the failed policies of overpaying for vets on the downside of their careers.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider a 2nd and 3rd round pick CHEAP. And tell me who's bright idea was it to sign him to this new contract that you are trying to distance yourself from? That's right the Redskins! Like I said only the redskins could mess this up.

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 12:28 PM ----------

No way. McNabb isn't the long term answer and with all the work they put forth to get rid of bad contracts to put the team in decent cap shape, it would be stupid to bring him back.

I agree that mcnabb isn't in the team's long term future. But he never was in the long term future for us. I don't see why we traded for him knowing that we simply could've kept Campbell and Grossman for a year or two before drafting a franchise QB. But we made the deal and now its done. So that doesn't change the fact that we still need a QB this year and he's the best option. He's already under contract and already been in the system a year.

Some of you need to put some more blame on the evaluators and coaches that wanted him here instead of solely blaming the player. The Redskins wanted him, Shanahan said it was his decision...they decided to trade draft picks for the man...if he doesn't fit the system, or they couldn't tell he was on the decline, that the Eagles had no problem trading him within the division..oh it's McNabb's fault. He apparently didn't work, and it was frustrating to watch him under perform..but he also had us in games we wouldn't have been in otherwise. It was Jason Campbell, then McNabb...I wonder who the fanbase will hate next..man i hope Vince Young isn't it.

With all of that said... I hope we can find "our" QB and groom him instead of some other team's FA signing in time.

Are you kidding me? And you are trotting Mark Brunell out as your example of how patience works out?????

So the new rumor will be McNabb to Arizona? This is just another one of those wasted threads that has everyone speculating on what will happen with McNabb and everyone else in the league. Not a big issue.

Are you kidding me? And you are trotting Mark Brunell out as your example of how patience works out?????

Who else should I use? If you believe Mark Brunell is a bad QB then why has he been in the league for 20yrs? He did lead our team to the playoffs and he played very well after having a poor first season in D.C. I think its a perfect example. I mean surely you dont think we had the Super Bowl in mind when we traded for McNabb? We signed him to solidify a short term position. Just like Gibbs did with Brunell

Archived