Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider (McShay) 2012 Mock Draft - Skins #3 pick - Matt Barkley QB

Rypien1191

You guys assume Luck is number 1 pick because its been forced by the media for the past two years. I like luck and think hes damn good BUT i wonder how close he is to his ceiling when i watch him play. Teams are taking notice at what Jim has done with Alex Smith in san fran and are picking a little more. im not saying its right but could be something or could be nothing and people just having to long to examin a prospect. Rg3 brings a physical talent/ Mental combo that the NFL hasnt seen and Luck doesnt bring so its not out of the question.

sudden mancrush? some of us have been on griffin since the begining of the football season. I can understand you saying luck but Barkley isnt in the same talent class as RG3. You realize that Prominant NFL people are starting to come out and talking about RG3 revolutionizing the way the qb position is played in the NFL. You might feel its a stretch but people who get paid to do this for a living dont.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 06:20 AM ----------

you Barkley people are amazing lol knock RG3 for his size at 6-2 220 BUT Barkley is listed at 6-2 220. Ive posted many of Barkleys games and just dont see anything that says special to me.

Im not a Barkley people first off ( I want Luck somehow ) and Griffin is good and his last game was great and clutch!! It equals out the boneheaded picks he threw in the redone of the ok state game. Ive watched quite a few of both players games. I just prefer Barkley to RG3 but not by a large margin. I simply was replying to your ridiculous comment that RG3 and Luck are Tied. They were both evaluated in HS by experts and Barkley was the #1 player in the country and RG3 was 42nd in the State. Exactly what prominent NFL experts are claiming what you have posted. Have any links to this or ya just feel like thrown that out there? Skip Bayless your prominent NFL expert?

I realize Luck is out of the picture. I've been watching Barkley closely these last few weeks. I've been impressed with what I've seen but........... When looking at a QB from USC and OU I'm very apprehendsive. I'm just gun shy when looking at a QB surrounded by that much pro level talent. I'm looking at Sanchez, Palmer, and Linert saying not really. Maybe Bradford is having a sophmore slump but I'm looking at that program too. Hypel and White were their last major products. They're running the same system with the same staff. Great college numbers on talented teams that just didn't translate to NFL QB'S. I'm just leary of drafting the QB position from either school. All which shows Luck's true value. He's on a run first team with practically no talent yet puts up phenominal numbers and makes his team relavent

Im not a Barkley people first off ( I want Luck somehow ) and Griffin is good and his last game was great and clutch!! It equals out the boneheaded picks he threw in the redone of the ok state game. Ive watched quite a few of both players games. I just prefer Barkley to RG3 but not by a large margin. I simply was replying to your ridiculous comment that RG3 and Luck are Tied. They were both evaluated in HS by experts and Barkley was the #1 player in the country and RG3 was 42nd in the State. Exactly what prominent NFL experts are claiming what you have posted. Have any links to this or ya just feel like thrown that out there? Skip Bayless your prominent NFL expert?

1.) my comment isnt ridiculous

2.) I dont just throw stuff out there and if i do i preface it as a my opinion or " just throwing this out there"

3.) HS rankings dont matter at this point

4.) I dont have / need links when im discussing things that are being discussed in NFL circles

5.) Skip Bayless? i dont care what he thinks

6.) you must be new here so nice to meet your rude self, hope you enjoy your night :)

So because HS scouts projects a player higher than the other means the player rated lower doesn't have a chance to be better? Is that how it is?

I realize Luck is out of the picture. I've been watching Barkley closely these last few weeks. I've been impressed with what I've seen but........... When looking at a QB from USC and OU I'm very apprehendsive. I'm just gun shy when looking at a QB surrounded by that much pro level talent. I'm looking at Sanchez, Palmer, and Linert saying not really. Maybe Bradford is having a sophmore slump but I'm looking at that program too. Hypel and White were their last major products. They're running the same system with the same staff. Great college numbers on talented teams that just didn't translate to NFL QB'S. I'm just leary of drafting the QB position from either school. All which shows Luck's true value. He's on a run first team with practically no talent yet puts up phenominal numbers and makes his team relavent

Agreed and RG3 has even less talent around him and does the same thing. I think when im looking for a franchise guy im drawn more towards guys that lift up the talent around them to win then guys that have all the talent around them and should win. I also look at clutch performances when big stakes are at hand like Rg3 against kansas state last year to get a bowl birth and vs oklahoma this year, seems he steps up when the stage is the biggest.

1.) my comment isnt ridiculous

2.) I dont just throw stuff out there and if i do i preface it as a my opinion or " just throwing this out there"

3.) HS rankings dont matter at this point

4.) I dont have / need links when im discussing things that are being discussed in NFL circles

5.) Skip Bayless? i dont care what he thinks

6.) you must be new here so nice to meet your rude self, hope you enjoy your night :)

You don't have links because you just threw it out there to make your argument appear more sound. I work from home thus have espn/nfl network on nearly all day. The only person I have heard praise RG3 in the light you have is Skip Bayless. So Links or its false! + Only spoke of the HS rankings since you wanted to talk about experts So i thought what experts thought of these 2 guys just 3 years ago made sense since it was the opposite opinion. Was not attempting to be rude I was just calling it as i saw it and asking for links or just who the expert circles you were claiming. Seems fair to me to ask for evidence of something you sound off as facts when its an obvious personal opinion. Your welcome and good night.

Agreed and RG3 has even less talent around him and does the same thing. I think when im looking for a franchise guy im drawn more towards guys that lift up the talent around them to win then guys that have all the talent around them and should win. I also look at clutch performances when big stakes are at hand like Rg3 against kansas state last year to get a bowl birth and vs oklahoma this year, seems he steps up when the stage is the biggest.

Yo LL...do you know if Shanny wasn't that high on Dalton/Ponder or if he just desperately felt the team needed to trade back and acquire more talent? I know most didn't think Dalton would be this good, but I think everyone is really curious if Shanny is just very particular about the qb he drafts, or if he felt this team needed too many parts and needed to start there before qb. Thanks bro.

You don't have links because you just threw it out there to make your argument appear more sound. I work from home thus have espn/nfl network on nearly all day. The only person I have heard praise RG3 in the light you have is Skip Bayless. So Links or its false! + Only spoke of the HS rankings since you wanted to talk about experts So i thought what experts thought of these 2 guys just 3 years ago made had just the opposite opinion of the 2. Was not attempting to be rude I was just calling it as i saw it and asking for links or just who the expert circles you were claiming. Seems fair to me to ask for evidence of something you sound off as facts when its an obvious personal opinion. Your welcome and good night.

LL knows what he's talking about. Might want to check his history before making yourself out to be an idiot. Lol

You don't have links because you just threw it out there to make your argument appear more sound. I work from home thus have espn/nfl network on nearly all day. The only person I have heard praise RG3 in the light you have is Skip Bayless. So Links or its false! + Only spoke of the HS rankings since you wanted to talk about experts So i thought what experts thought of these 2 guys just 3 years ago made sense since it was the opposite opinion. Was not attempting to be rude I was just calling it as i saw it and asking for links or just who the expert circles you were claiming. Seems fair to me to ask for evidence of something you sound off as facts when its an obvious personal opinion. Your welcome and good night.

wrong and its not my personal opinion because i think its luck,Rg3 but if i had to choose id gamble with Rg3. You are awesome that your at home all day with ESPN and NFL network bro, o thee of so much sports knowledge :notworthy: I love posters like you , always good for some :ols:

Was the Bowl game not a Big Stage? RG3 stats for the first half while game was still winnable

13-18 for 100yd 34 yards rushing

3 fumbles 2 lost

Pretty big stage against a pretty average team if you ask me to have 3 fumbles when your team need you the most.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 02:31 AM ----------

If it had ANY truth you would have simply posted the link to shut me up, you could not provide any proof of your CLAIMS thus get mad at me and call me rude etc for calling you out on it. OHHH these posters that talk a big game n how much they know.. guess you forgot a bowl game was a BIG game and your boy blew it. Links or its FALSE

Yo LL...do you know if Shanny wasn't that high on Dalton/Ponder or if he just desperately felt the team needed to trade back and acquire more talent? I know most didn't think Dalton would be this good, but I think everyone is really curious if Shanny is just very particular about the qb he drafts, or if he felt this team needed too many parts and needed to start there before qb. Thanks bro.

Mike and Kyle really liked Dalton and we were poised to take him in the second round but he got snatched by the bengals. Leading up to the draft I was posting/ tweeting pretty heavily mike/kyles interest in Dalton before the Gabbert smokescreen came out. Im not 100% sure of the reporter but it came out during camp from either O'Halloran or Meese that a source with the skins told them they were prepared to take Dalton. I dont think and havnt heard anything that said we were despreate to trade back and really the deal was good to move so we did. I was personally really high on Dalton last year as well.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 07:45 AM ----------

Was the Bowl game not a Big Stage? RG3 stats for the first half while game was still winnable

13-18 for 100yd 34 yards rushing

3 fumbles 2 lost

Pretty big stage against a pretty average team if you ask me to have 3 fumbles when your team need you the most.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 02:31 AM ----------

If it had ANY truth you would have simply posted the link to shut me up, you could not provide any proof of your CLAIMS thus get mad at me and call me rude etc for calling you out on it. OHHH these posters that talk a big game n how much they know.. guess you forgot a bowl game was a BIG game and your boy blew it. Links or its FALSE

Are you refering to the illinois game ? if so then i agree he and the team didnt play well but he is also a much improved player this season. Im not mad at all and im probably the most chill person in dealing with posters like you honestly so come down of the horse and relax with the yelling with capital letters. You are correct in that i do not have links and if i did i would post them but i dont really work like that. because usually the links come out days,weeks, and years later after ive posted some information. You have turned a perfectly good discussion/debate into a poor attempt to bash and call out someone you odviously have no knowledge off so relax before you have alot of people making fun of you like the others.

Exactly, skinsfanindall. I don't get this sudden mancrush for the guy. He's been damn impressive, sure. But a better pro prospect than Luck? Not buying it. And won't be buying it in April, no matter how great he continues to play.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 01:03 AM ----------

I think a lot of the sudden mancrush for Griffin has to do with how well Cam has played. But that's just it, he's not Cam. They aren't even comparable, really.

Gimme me Luck or Barkley any day. Especially Luck. But we're probably not gonna be in the Luck sweepstakes.:(

I think a former NFL quarterback slash analyst have something to say about Luck being the real deal. Phil Simms states he does not see your crush in Luck like everybody else and I have to agree. Watching the guy miss wide open receivers is not a sure fire qb to me. Velocity is ok but not tight as you would like in the NFL. At the end of the day Harbaugh made Luck the same way he turned around an almost unemployed qb in Alex Smith.

Exactly, skinsfanindall. I don't get this sudden mancrush for the guy. He's been damn impressive, sure. But a better pro prospect than Luck? Not buying it. And won't be buying it in April, no matter how great he continues to play.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 01:03 AM ----------

I think a lot of the sudden mancrush for Griffin has to do with how well Cam has played. But that's just it, he's not Cam. They aren't even comparable, really.

Gimme me Luck or Barkley any day. Especially Luck. But we're probably not gonna be in the Luck sweepstakes.:(

Exactly. RG3's stock is at an all time high. Truth is we are still very early in the evaluation process. Once bowl games, combine, and pro-days come around we will know much more.

It is utterly impossible and foolish to put together a mock draft with just under half a season to play, where so much is yet to be determined. This thing can go 100 different ways cuz there's 13 teams between 2-7 and 4-6 and everybody seems to have played already or will play each other down the stretch. We personally still have to play Seattle, Philly, and Minn. If we mess around and win any of those, we're screwed. And I'm not on the RG3 bandwagon just yet.

Luck is not the messiah of qbs if you know what your looking for. When the 2012 draft rolls around Luck/RgIII will be heavily debated by draftniks and fans just like it already is by NFL scouts. Drafts dont always go as planned and players always get picked higher then some anticipate due to the buzz words " ceiling" and "potential" .
Who is your favorite LL? Do you know who Shanahan's favorite is? Thanks as always LL!

Lol, cuz apparently all football knowledge in the world is only available on espn and nfl network. Just because you're ignorant to what a lot of people that pay attention to this stuff say doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Go check out Wes Bunting (legit draftik) who literally says on his twitter that the only QB that could give Luck a run for his money is RG3. We're not your servants to provide you the information you don't seek.

My two questions on Griffin are:

1. He has never called plays at Baylor -- is this that big of a deal?

2. All of his physical attributes are fantastic -- how is he at reading a defense?

Archived