Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider (McShay) 2012 Mock Draft - Skins #3 pick - Matt Barkley QB

Rypien1191

when i look at robert griffin III, i see peyton manning, tom brady, mike vick, aaron rodgers, steve young, and eric dickerson all rolled into one with the mental capacity of albert einstein and bill walsh. if i were us, id trade our next 10 drafts for him, but hey, what do i know!

no need for the animosity, we all just want to win. it's just a discourse...but i also know that USC's QB track record has been a bit awful... ;-)

when i look at robert griffin III, i see peyton manning, tom brady, mike vick, aaron rodgers, steve young, and eric dickerson all rolled into one with the mental capacity of albert einstein and bill walsh. if i were us, id trade our next 10 drafts for him, but hey, what do i know!

When I look at Griffin I end up passing out because he is so good he operates in 4 spatial dimensions and my limited human brain cannot handle seeing such a display.

GucciManSantana: I don't think it is really animosity so much as us giving people who are incredibly gung-ho about Griffin a bit of a ribbing.

I got a question. You remember what that game is called when we were kids and it would be about 6 of us on one side and one person on the otherside and he would just throw it up in the air? And who ever catch it gets to throw. Matt Barkley's game takes me back to those days. What was that game call though?

when i look at robert griffin III, i see peyton manning, tom brady, mike vick, aaron rodgers, steve young, and eric dickerson all rolled into one with the mental capacity of albert einstein and bill walsh. if i were us, id trade our next 10 drafts for him, but hey, what do i know

don't forget the classic good looks of brad pitt, george clooney and bradley cooper

This mock draft by some no-name person makes me smile. Actually, getting Robert Griffin III and Virginia Tech's David Wilson would be too much of a good thing. I wouldn't actually be able to handle that much awesome.

I'm good with a first round QB, but really feel like we need OL in the second. I don't think I'd be all that happy with a RB in the second round and it seems a little atypical for Shannahan anyways, based on his drafting history.

no need for the animosity, we all just want to win. it's just a discourse...but i also know that USC's QB track record has been a bit awful... ;-)

Yeah -- it's a really good thing that previous Tennessee QBs (Shuler, Martin) didn't dissuade Indy from picking one (Manning).

I'm good with a first round QB, but really feel like we need OL in the second. I don't think I'd be all that happy with a RB in the second round and it seems a little atypical for Shannahan anyways, based on his drafting history.

Yeah, I'm with you. Offensive line help should absolutely be a priority. But I'm a homer for Virginia Tech too. Like I said, it's probably too much of a good thing.

Yeah -- it's a really good thing that previous Tennessee QBs (Shuler, Martin) didn't dissuade Indy from picking one (Manning).

ahhh i was just committing a bit of tomfoolery haha. seriously though, matt brakley hasn't been terrible...he just seems pretty blaine gabbert to me in the games i've seen him play. truthfully though, i don't care who we get as long as they go what they call "beast mode" for the next 15 years.

HTTR

ahhh i was just committing a bit of tomfoolery haha. seriously though, matt brakley hasn't been terrible...he just seems pretty blaine gabbert to me in the games i've seen him play. truthfully though, i don't care who we get as long as they go what they call "beast mode" for the next 15 years.

HTTR

Disagree with this just as much -- Barkley and Gabbert are two totally different players. Gabbert came from a one-read, spread offense, in which he struggled terribly in the red zone and 3rd down. Barkley a pro-style offense in which he has improved every year since starting as a true freshman, has shown a propensity to make calls at the line as well as work through his progressions, look off safties etc...

Disagree with this just as much -- Barkley and Gabbert are two totally different players. Gabbert came from a one-read, spread offense, in which he struggled terribly in the red zone and 3rd down. Barkley a pro-style offense in which he has improved every year since starting as a true freshman, has shown a propensity to make calls at the line as well as work through his progressions, look off safties etc...

i'm strictly just going by what i saw the two games that i watched of his. just seemed like a game manager, not a superstar pro bowler (and that's what i meant by blaine gabbert-esque, not because of their skin color ;-)). i do like the leadership barkley possesses, but this franchise needs a game changer. we have been hurting in that facet since we lost ST21. do you truly see barkley being a legitimate game changer? do you think he's that one player that other teams will fear when they step foot in FedEx field or when we come to town? this is the year that we can't miss on that. we are on the edge, in my opinion, of where we will become the packers of the future...or the browns. we have our starks in helu, our matthews x2 in orakpo & kerrigen, when jenkins comes back possibly our raji, and hopefully if hankerson torches next year our driver...is barkley really our rogers? i just have a gut feeling that RGIII has that true skill and "luck" for jaw droppingly lucky things to happen for him on the field like rogers.

exactly, couldnt have said it better. its like if i dont want him im:

1. a racist

2. an idiot

3. know nothing about football

but you said it best man. out of control is the best way to describe it. and its much different than last years debates. and ill get flamed for this but i dont care, i seriously think people saw what mike vick did last year (he became a pocket passer at times and still incorporated his running style) and they see that in griffin and are so drawn to it that theyre going ga ga.

I don't think you'll get flamed. If you ignore those extremists and pay attention to those who are more level headed, you will get some reasonable reasons why his stock is rising so fast. I'm a Barkley and a RGIII guy, been following both all season, and think both will be really good in the league.

I got a question. You remember what that game is called when we were kids and it would be about 6 of us on one side and one person on the otherside and he would just throw it up in the air? And who ever catch it gets to throw. Matt Barkley's game takes me back to those days. What was that game call though?

After 98' we just called it Moss.

When you add in the taking it back trying to score a touchdown, we called it throwback tackle.

McShay said if he maximize his tools he can be a SOLID QB. Not ELITE.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 02:53 PM ----------

After 98' we just called it Moss.

When you add in the taking it back trying to score a touchdown, we called it throwback tackle.

Ok well Barkley remind me of the passer.

Archived