Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider (McShay) 2012 Mock Draft - Skins #3 pick - Matt Barkley QB

Rypien1191

im really nervous about the Barkley announcement.

if he announces he is staying, there could be a monster bidding war for RGIII. i think a lot of teams will realize that the trade price for the #1 pick will be too steep, so they will fight over who is left.

for the Redskins' sake, we need to hope Barkley turns pro - whether he would be a good pick for the Redskins or not.

I gotta tell ya, Luck is so tempting to me. I know it would cost a small fortune and we have a lot of issues to address and we shouldn't be in the trading draft pick business. I get all of that and I am obviously really conflicted about it all. I have been assuming the colts would get the pick and they would just draft the kid especially since there is the rookie cap now that makes it easy. But if the rams got that pick, I would be REALLY tempted to grab him even at a very high cost. I think its like drafting Peyton manning as a rookie. That guy can literally completely transform a franchise. I think Andrew luck will be the type of player that Peyton is and has been. What is that worth? Sure if he isn't that guy it would be a disaster. But would it really be a disaster if he IS that guy? If Shanny agrees with the pundits that the kid is elway, manning etc, I honestly don't think I would have a problem with giving away the farm for him.

I agree with you 100% we should make the trade up for Luck, and if not him RGIII. If you think about will really have nothing to lose. Either will hit a home run or will suck like we have the past 20 years, and I don't think that is much of a sacrifice.

Good and bad. Makes getting our guy harder, but it means we don't draft Barkley, which I was not in favor of. If our guy WAS Barkley, well then fox turds I guess. Anything can still happen between now and the draft short of us getting the number 1 pick due to our record, so there's not much sense in getting to worked up over these things.

Archived