Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Jason La Canfora 's Twitter Redskins Looking to Move up to Number 2 Pick (Updated: NFL.com headline as well)

skinsrbeast

shanny lies a lot lmao.. but guys i thank you for the support..but story was not brought out by LL,TK, or Myself , we sat on it, then other media sites started to break it.. i teased about it but never tipped hand out there who it was, But NFLN, JLC.. they could of cost us the Bradford, Cutler, Sanchez type thing, really not gonna speak on it 2 much cause nothing is n stone, but stayed tune it could get really fun

Heh. I hope they don't make any moves until they actually see Carolina's pick. It would really suck if Carolina surprised people by picking Gabbert. lol

If we trade up, I assume it'll be for Gabbert. I'll be happy.

If we stay still, I assume we'll end up with any of Quinn, Locker, Jones, Fairley or even Prince. I'll be happy.

If we trade back for more picks, I assume we'll end up with a 2nd tier QB and more help on D and the OL. I'll be happy.

Basically, I like a lot of players for this team and I think we can only go wrong if we flat out misevaluate talent.

I'm glad to see that someone feels the same way I do. I cannot wait for tomorrow night.

It is to claim that whatever slight athletic advantages Gabbert has would equal "more upside".

That's still not being revisionist - it's a poster offering an opinion and making a projection. He may be wrong, if he is THEN he will need to get all revisionist to explain why :)

Mayock on Gabbert -- doesn't mean he's accurate but yes there are draft geeks that are big on Gabbert

"Every team in the top ten who thinks they need a quarterback ought to be grinding those QBs, and they better look at Blaine Gabbert,"

Mayock said he's seen 7 of Blaine Gabbert's games and he reminds him of Stafford and Bradford, guys who immediately do well in NFL.less than a minute ago via web

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/18/2000705/mike-mayock-blaine-gabbert-2011-nfl-draft

Teams were told they can trade future draft picks at their own risk, as their may not be a draft next year thus teams who get picks in next years draft as comp for a trade may get ****ed.

Giving up a high pick this year for picks next year is a huge gamble and I doubt any team will do it.

This is NOT going to happen.

If he drops to 7 or 8 maybe but there is no way we move up to 2 it's almost impossible not to mention it would be really dumb.

Yeah I heard that. Why would there not be a draft though?

If we trade up, I assume it'll be for Gabbert. I'll be happy.

If we stay still, I assume we'll end up with any of Quinn, Locker, Jones, Fairley or even Prince. I'll be happy.

If we trade back for more picks, I assume we'll end up with a 2nd tier QB and more help on D and the OL. I'll be happy.

Basically, I like a lot of players for this team and I think we can only go wrong if we flat out misevaluate talent.

Well said, me too. I think there are merits for any one of these scenarios

If we indeed go through with this, don't you think that it will be time to retire the old line about Shanahan being a master chess player when it comes to the draft? At this point, this is the worst kept secret in the NFL.

No because it wasnt any of our doing to leak the story. If it was never leaked and tomorrow came and we did move up to #2, no one would be expecting excite the big 3 and a select few of us that they told.

Paradoxically, that may end up saving us. By telegraphing this move 2 days before the draft, the asking price gets ramped up to a point that prevents us from executing the trade.

Probably the best thing that could happen, honestly.

Im fine either way. There is a reason why I am not employed by the team. Because I have no idea like they do. I would be happy if we traded up to #2 for Gabbert because #1 I think he is the real deal and #2 because the last time Shanny loved a QB enough to move up for him it turned out really well for him.

Also I would be just as happy to stay at #10 and take Quinn or Jones. I would be just as happy to trade back for more picks as well. Honestly whats the point of getting all worked up over it and saying you are done with the team? Not calling you out Im just stating in general. Ill support the decision no matter what it is.

If we indeed go through with this, don't you think that it will be time to retire the old line about Shanahan being a master chess player when it comes to the draft? At this point, this is the worst kept secret in the NFL.

Totally agree. Unless the insiders on this board are part of Shanahan's inner circle. Otherwise way too many folks in Ashburn knew about this for Shanny to still be considered a master chess player who trusts no one and is awesomely secretive, etc...

And if our insiders are in Shanny's inner circle, well good for us and bad for Shanahan. LOL.

Totally agree. Unless the insiders on this board are part of Shanahan's inner circle. Otherwise way too many folks in Ashburn knew about this for Shanny to still be considered a master chess player who trusts no one and is awesomely secretive, etc...

And if our insiders are in Shanny's inner circle, well good for us and bad for Shanahan. LOL.

And good for JLC as well, apparently, since he "broke" the story.

Per RotoWorld: 5:38pm

Coach Mike Shanahan conceded Wednesday that trading up to No. 2 would be difficult for the Redskins to execute.

One report claimed Shanahan was smitten enough with Blaine Gabbert to move up. Washington doesn't have a third- or fourth-round pick, so they'd likely have to surrender the rest of their draft in such a move. Frankly, there's next to no chance it happens. The Skins do have the No. 10 and 41 overall picks. Ideally, they'll emerge with a quarterback and a defensive starter or receiver for the rookie signal caller to throw to.

(apologies if someone else already reported this)

Coach Mike Shanahan conceded Wednesday that trading up to No. 2 would be difficult for the Redskins to execute.

One report claimed Shanahan was smitten enough with Blaine Gabbert to move up. Washington doesn't have a third- or fourth-round pick, so they'd likely have to surrender the rest of their draft in such a move. Frankly, there's next to no chance it happens. The Skins do have the No. 10 and 41 overall picks. Ideally, they'll emerge with a quarterback and a defensive starter or receiver for the rookie signal caller to throw to.

If there's no 2012 draft, **** it and throw those picks in there.

From Chris Russell twitter, just posted..

Buzz picking up about the #Redskins locking in on Christian Ponder of Florida State in Round 2. Mike Shanahan says the QB class is deep

Bwahahahhaha! Okay, I've had enough smoke for one week.

I believe we'll end up with Locker or Gabbert by the end of tomorrow... not ideal, but I can live with it.

Yea, but trading up with Cleveland would not be all that difficult.

Cmon, Mike, you can do anything you put your mind to !!

Maybe I don't know what revisionist history means, but wouldn't it only apply if Gabbert becomes a better QB than Bradford and someone THEN claimed that people knew it was going to happen?

Having one individual believe that Gabbert has more upside than Bradford is NOT revisionist in the slightest.

In sports discussions, we deal almost entirely with opinions (I say Tony Eason was a better NFL QB than Dan Marino? Just an opinion. Don't you dare call me wrong) We should be able to deal with realistic opinions here. Saying Gabbert has more upside than Bradford is nonsense, as much as it would be to claim he is a worse prospect than Colt Brenan. I have no patience for either. Let's stick with reality.

My opinion is that the poster above was revising history to make Bradford sound like a worse prospect. Can we stop playing the semantic game and get back to talking football now?

I'm sure if there actually wasnt a 2012 draft, they just postpone any traded picks to the 2013 draft.

If there isn't a 2012 draft, its because there will never be a draft again. But I think all of that is very unlikely.

Honestly Locker and Gabbert are my 2 top rated QBs for this draft. I'd be happy with either one, i just dont want us to have to trade up.

I agree. Best chance we have is Locker Imo. I wouldn't be upset if we scooped up Ponder in the 2nd either.

Archived