Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Jason La Canfora 's Twitter Redskins Looking to Move up to Number 2 Pick (Updated: NFL.com headline as well)

skinsrbeast

Searched and nothing came up but he just tweeted a couple tweets about it

"Spoke Monday about the Redskins interest in trading up to No 2 to land a QB. @KaraHenderson, reporting from Denver today, echoed that and..."

"Others reporting similar versions as well. I'm not convinced the Skins can't land Gabbert at 10 but several GMs believe they will move to 2"

"Several GMs I've talked to believe Skins will move to 2 to make sure they get Gabbert. I think he'd likely be there at 10"

They say we will be going for Denver's pick. I don't know take it for what it is, pre-draft chaos. Who knows if there is much fact to this

Here's the new NFL.com headline: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f7f7de/article/redskins-look-to-move-up-in-draft-take-missouri-qb-gabbert?module=HP_headlines

"JLC reports" = believe the exact opposite. lol

---------- Post added April-26th-2011 at 06:59 PM ----------

Plot thickens every damn day

Don't we have to give up a lot to move up to 2nd?

We would probably have to do a Ditka in order to get the #2....No thanks.

I really hope this isn't the case. Why trade up when there's a good likelihood he will be there at #10? We're bidding against ourselves AGAIN!

Not necessarily. There are multiple teams who are reportedly interested in Gabbert, and are interested in taking him, or trading up for him. Teams like San Fran, Arizona, and Minnesota come to mind. Especially San Fran and Arizona.

Not saying I'm advocating this, but I think we'll likely see Gabbert taken before we get there. I don't know how much it would take for us to get him, but if the Shanahans believe in him that much, I say take him. He's a safer prospect than Locker or Newton.

Honestly I never really put that much weight into who we draft unless we have just one glaring need such as o-line last year (although obviously i'd be upset if we did something really stupid). I just take a weight and see approach. And then if they pan out i say i knew it was a good pick all along, and if they suck i say i knew he ****ed up i would have never taken that guy. #honesty

hmm at a later date, i will let this story completely out the bag, the Want of Gabbert n Locker is true.. 99% of what u seeing about it is true.. someone gonna lose a job ? sadly could be true

What do you mean?? draft both? oh, say it ain't so

It is what it is. I have been a Skins since I was a little kid and will remain one. If this is true, Shanny knows he is pinning his career with the Skins on Gabbert. This isn't going to make me stop rooting for them and if Gabbert becomes our next QB, I will root for him the same way I did for Sonny and all the QB's after him.

I don't know if it's true or not and we will find out in two more days. If it is Gabbert, I will welcome him to the Skins family and I hope most of you do too.

Archived