Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Jason La Canfora 's Twitter Redskins Looking to Move up to Number 2 Pick (Updated: NFL.com headline as well)

skinsrbeast

I guess if you need to meet your quota on writing columns for the draft that folks will read and believe -- it's always high-percentage that someone could believe a splashy move by the Redskins that mortgages the future.

Even though it's involving a QB, I'm finding this one very hard to believe. Can't wait to see what unfolds on Thursday and Friday.

sustained success in the nfl = franchise qb......nothing more nothing less. if you want the chance to have a decade of not being tormented every sunday gabbert is a must....no matter the short term cost. if he is a bust we are no worse or better than we have been in the last 20 yrs without a qb - we sucked. we as a fan base have become dumbed down.

i dont mind waiting for 2 years while gabbert develops.even if we suck...to set us up for the next 10 yrs..maybe it wont take that long. aaron rodgers had to sit for a while but the Packers are set for the next decade and will always be in contention...

Gabbert is a spread QB who doesnt throw TDs. Im tired of getting players who cant throw TDs. Campbell couldnt throw TDs in college and didnt do it as a pro. Now we get another one?

Say no to boring Gabbert. He will suck. I rather have an overrated DLman at 10

the other side of that coin isn't pretty though.....

on a prability wted basis the expected value is high mathematically....so expected value = prob x outcome....so if there is only a 30% chance of gabbert panning out but if he does we are set for 10 years that is a better expected value than if we pick julio jones for example and the probability of him panning out is 80% but we still suck or make a run for 2 years ....the expected value is much lower....so if say swing for the fences when you have a chance to set up for years to come....prob of gabbert panning out is like 80% but used 30% for illustrative purposes

the other side of that coin isn't pretty though.....

That is certainly true. But if you don't have at least a very good QB in the NFL nowadays you're just not going to be a contender year in and year out. If there is someone who can help develop a QB into a top flight NFL passer, Shanahan is one of the guys I would rather have doing it. Obviously the price is very steep if they really are going to move up that far but if they really believe that Gabbert is "the guy" then I'll take their word for it and see how things shake out. Not like any of us have a say in it anyway.

hmm at a later date, i will let this story completely out the bag, the Want of Gabbert n Locker is true.. 99% of what u seeing about it is true.. someone gonna lose a job ? sadly could be true

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do"?

Seriously though, who is this guy, and should he be taken seriously?

shanny has another 3 years left....do we really want to waste his career here by drafting a bunch of lineman....and then wait when he retires to draft a qb with a coach that may or maynot be a good qb and offensive mind? seriously this board needs to get a clue....i keep seeing these pseudo gms on the board trashing the idea of giving up picks to get a top notch franchise qb and all i can do is scratch my head....lets hire tom cable and then draft a qb!!!

"Several GMs I've talked to believe Skins will move to 2 to make sure they get Gabbert.

Bet the future on Slow Reads & Happy Feet? Whatever. Very Jason Campbell.

Maybe this time slow reads and happy feet can be fixed. Maybe NFL defenses and NFL end zones are easier to read than college defenses and college end zones.

At least Slow Reads & Happy Feet has a shot. Unlinke Jake F. Locker, the ultimate coach killer The death card of draft picks.

rex grosman and another good lineman sounds really good...c'mon. gibbs didnt spend 5 years worth of 1st rounders to draft the hogs....we drafted a d lineman and and o lineman the last 2 years....enough already....lets spend time doing home work and draft well in later rounds and pick up an olineman....it is a lot more realistic than drafting the next tom brady in the 6th round...

Archived