Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Jason La Canfora 's Twitter Redskins Looking to Move up to Number 2 Pick (Updated: NFL.com headline as well)

skinsrbeast

Not necessarily. There are multiple teams who are reportedly interested in Gabbert, and are interested in taking him, or trading up for him. Teams like San Fran, Arizona, and Minnesota come to mind. Especially San Fran and Arizona.

Not saying I'm advocating this, but I think we'll likely see Gabbert taken before we get there. I don't know how much it would take for us to get him, but if the Shanahans believe in him that much, I say take him. He's a safer prospect than Locker or Newton.

'Zona- I'm just guessing but I think at minimum he makes it past #6. All speculation from 'Zona is they want a vet qb. It maybe a smokescreen but they just went through 2 rookies last year and do you really think Fitz wants to play with another rookie QB? Do you think the franchise wants to risk alienating him if they do draft a QB?

Browns- Have McCoy and will give him a chance to be the guy first

San Fran- Possibly, but they's also been linked heavily with defensive players. I also read yesterday where Harbuagh is lukewarm on Gabbert.

Titans- Possibly, but have also been linked to Fairley and Dalton

Dallas- No

There are three possibilities between 5-9 IMO and its not an overwhelming possibility in any of those spots. Those teams could just as easily go in another direction. Why not see how the board falls and then trade up to #6 or #7 is you're getting nervous. The price would be a lot cheaper than going to #2!

The only reason you do this deal if you're the Shanny's is if you believe w/o a doubt that Gabbert is a franchise guy. If you trade up for the sake of just getting a QB, then its a catastrophic mistake.

I hope this doesnt't happen I would rather stay where we're at or trade down and just take Locker if they want a qb that bad. I think Locker would fit better in our system anyway. I know it really doesnt mean much but I thought he did the best on the Gruden qb camp.

Last year we were supposed to trade the farm to grab Bradford...

JLC reported that a trading of Haynesworth was imminent and was gonna take place on day 2 of the draft...

"Sources" claimed that Snyder was gonna pull up the Brinks truck to go after Peppers and spend on him like "it was Monopoly money"...

Now we're looking to move up to the #2 spot to grab a QB...

...yawn...

When it happens, I'll react. Until then, it's a waste of energy to get all hyper about it...because the track record shows that 95% of these things never come true.

If we trade up to get anyone in this draft it will prove that this team is destined, once again, for failure. What a horrible horrible decision that would be.

Who is worth trading up for?? Only AJ Green and Peterson - MAYBE. And even that's a stretch considering that the opportunity cost for our team is so high when it comes to each draft pick.

Just plain stupid.

I hate JLC so much. I hoped when he went away that he would stop ****ing with me.

Move up for Gabbert? With what ammo? Is that going to be our whole draft? I'll be skeptical, to say the least, if we go all Ricky Williams for a spread QB with zero pocket presence. This move would only make sense if he really is the second coming of Elway, and I dont see it.

I like Gabbert and I think he'll be a good pro QB, but I don't like him enough to give up what it would take to draft him at number 2 overall. Each one of our draft picks is more valuable than most teams or the draft value chart would indicate. We have way too many needs to fill - PLEASE don't do this. Take him if he falls to 10 or take Locker (which I would prefer).

i love how everyone on this board wants to stock up on draft picks and not draft a qb. If we were the Chiefs (Scott Pioli), Patriots, Eagles or Steelers I would get it. But when have the redskins ever hit on a draft pick below the top 15 pick in the entire draft? I remember when we traded down in the 1st round to draft (supposedly learned our lesson) and drafted fred davis, devin thomas and malcolm kelly later...what a joke. the one thing the redskins have done is hit virtually every top 15 draft pick dating back to right after the shuler debacle.

---------- Post added April-27th-2011 at 01:26 AM ----------

the days of winning a Super Bowl without a franchse QB are over....The last time that happed was with the 2000 Ravens. Gibbs worked with Williams in a busted strike year in 1987 and Rypien worked when the O line was incredible...Lachey, Simmons, Bostic, Ray Brown and Jacoby.....so I support giving up next years first to get Gabbert. Extremely, smart accurate and has a great arm (throw in a bone for Snyder hehe. Jeff George without bad character and low IQ.)

hmm at a later date, i will let this story completely out the bag, the Want of Gabbert n Locker is true.. 99% of what u seeing about it is true.. someone gonna lose a job ? sadly could be true

someone gonna lose a job?

need a translator please. PM if you must. i have to know what this means!!

Archived