Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Jason La Canfora 's Twitter Redskins Looking to Move up to Number 2 Pick (Updated: NFL.com headline as well)

skinsrbeast

I think there may be some truth to this - but it is going to be near impossible for us to swing because other teams have more ammo to move up . The Cards for example have long been rumored to want to move to 2 which will cost them less than it would cost us and is anyone going to take 2012 draft picks not knowing if there is going to be a 2012 draft over a more lucrative 2011 offer ?

I call shananingans on this - it might happen but I seriously doubt it - like JSteelz says this is 99% true except that 1% which isn't

Mike and Kyle like Gabbert and have essentially signed off on him. Normally jlc breaking news is very iffy and often untrue but he didn't really break this since its been discussed for a few days. I would pay attention to it until information says otherwise. Come Thursday I'm investing in prozac and zanax for a es perscription :) imo we need a franchise qb and whoever mike feels comfortable taking I'm on with.

Mike and Kyle like Gabbert and have essentially signed off on him. Normally jlc breaking news is very iffy and often untrue but he didn't really break this since its been discussed for a few days. I would pay attention to it until information says otherwise. Come Thursday I'm investing in prozac and zanax for a es perscription :) imo we need a franchise qb and whoever mike feels comfortable taking I'm on with.

0MiVjitccnE

Well I'm guessing this is real because the insiders say so...But Im wondering who the next coach is gonna pick in 2013, because this move is gonna keep this team from being any good anytime soon. I dont mind picking Gabbert..but mortgaging all the other spots for him is downright idiotic. This is a Vinny move...if we do this I think its pretty official that this team is just crap now...we will be cellar dwellers from now on because this organization has no clue.

Well I'm guessing this is real because the insiders say so...But Im wondering who the next coach is gonna pick in 2013, because this move is gonna keep this team from being any good anytime soon. I dont mind picking Gabbert..but mortgaging all the other spots for him is downright idiotic. This is a Vinny move...if we do this I think its pretty official that this team is just crap now...we will be cellar dwellers from now on because this organization has no clue.

Actually not with giving up 10,2012 1st & 3rd. Free agency is about to open with the biggest fa class ever I believe and we will be able to find a lot of young talent.

"SI.com's Peter King reports the Falcons are attempting to trade into the top-10 for a shot at "explosive outside threats" A.J. Green and Julio Jones."

Please don't blow our chance at making this deal with the Falcons by trading up. Sit tight at 10, watch Julio Jones fall in our laps and take the Falcons deal.

This is a great idea pending two situations aren't staring you in the face...

1 - If Julio Jones turns out to be the next Fitz or CJ...was it worth it to get an extra 2nd or what have you? Was it really worth it?

2 - If the player that falls to you that another team wants...if that player is a top prospect at a position of need (don't kid yourselves we are in dire need of a #1 WR) do you honestly trade back to satisfy your want of more picks?

Can you fix a team all in one draft? No. Question is do you want a chance at the top prospects every year by keeping your early rounders or are you somebody who must fuel their greed for double digit draft picks every year and always try and trade back no matter who is standing on your doorstep during the draft. Doesn't really matter though considering we need a season first for any of this to matter and right now everyone's greed is RUINING this sport.

Do you think Detroit wishes they would've traded out of the #2 spot and let CJ go somewhere else?

Actually not with giving up 10,2012 1st & 3rd. Free agency is about to open with the biggest fa class ever I believe and we will be able to find a lot of young talent.

So youre saying we keep #41? That makes it somewhat more palatable...but giving up our #1 and #3 next year...Im sick of doing it that way. I cant believe everybody is just cool with just continue to sign a bunch of free agents. But thats what we are going to have to do because we NEVER have any damn draft picks. If they like this guy and he is there at 10...then by all means take him. Im behind it. But I dont want to give up 2 picks next year...which I dont believe will be enough anyway. Theyre gonna want 41 too.

So youre saying we keep #41? That makes it somewhat more palatable...but giving up our #1 and #3 next year...Im sick of doing it that way. I cant believe everybody is just cool with just continue to sign a bunch of free agents. But thats what we are going to have to do because we NEVER have any damn draft picks. If they like this guy and he is there at 10...then by all means take him. Im behind it. But I dont want to give up 2 picks next year...which I dont believe will be enough anyway. Theyre gonna want 41 too.

IF it pans out and Gabbert is a true franchise qb that can fill the spot for 15 years a few picks isn't anything really. Were not even sure there is even going to be a draft next season.

IF it pans out and Gabbert is a true franchise qb that can fill the spot for 15 years a few picks isn't anything really. Were not even sure there is even going to be a draft next season.

Well I admit...I am just a fan and the coaches know more than me. If this happens and he turns out to be elite I will gladly eat my words. But Im just tired of watching all these teams like the Packers, Steelers, Pats etc...doing it the right way and we keep trading away draft picks and signing tons of free agents and never getting anybetter than mediocre. I think Dan Daly may have hit it right on the nead...we need some luck to come our way because our FO no matter who it is...wont stop making terrible decisions. And that uncertainty about even having a draft next year is exactly why I think we are going to be having to give up more than 2 picks next year.

Just when I think things cant get worse...if this happends we will be set back 3-5 years and Shanny will be a hated laughing stock in the eyes of Redskins fans. I tried to warn you guys about him. How many mistakes does he have to make before people take the rose colored glasses off and come to reality? So we're trading our picks away and signing a bunch of free agents(like ive been saying we will do all along)...can someone tell me how this is different than Vinny again? You Kool-aid drinkers are going to be feeling real dumb in a year or two...and ill be here to remind you about the whole "In Shanny I trust" crap. I may be wrong...but I doubt it lmao. I hope i am wrong though for the sake of my team. smh

I'm onboard in drafting the QB that both Shanahans like, but don't like trading up to get him. At least not from 10 to 2. If this was for Bradford or Luck, okay do it. But Gabbert? Oh boy. Trading the 10, a likely top 10 or 15 pick next year and more for Gabbert? I guess I will have to sit back and hope the Shannys know what they're doing.

to the insiders providing info, is it possible that you guys are receiving smokescreen information or are you guys sure that this info cuts behind all of the curtains and is actually what Mike/Bruce/Kyle want to do?

I have considered this too. Until we are on the clock and the card goes up, anything can and probably will happen. I am sure teams around the league have people reading team message boards for any type of inside information. It's not conspiracy theory, it would just be stupid not to.

Allen and Shanny are the ones putting their jobs on the line with their draft choices and I will fully support whatever they do. We have no idea if it will turn out to be a good choice or not, but they deserve our support until we find out one way or the other.

i dont mind waiting for 2 years while gabbert develops.even if we suck...to set us up for the next 10 yrs..maybe it wont take that long. aaron rodgers had to sit for a while but the Packers are set for the next decade and will always be in contention...

Yea, he sat behind one of the best of all time. Totally different here

Archived