Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your web browser? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Benchmarks are only so telling because you can test things that are strengths of individual browsers to make it look superior. Plus I love when people say "it's faster" and you test it and it's a difference of like milliseconds as if you can detect that.

Benchmarks are only so telling because you can test things that are strengths of individual browsers to make it look superior. Plus I love when people say "it's faster" and you test it and it's a difference of like milliseconds as if you can detect that.

You make no sense at all. The benchmarks test for specific behavior and they explain why they are important. The benchmarks show that certain types of sites will have very, very different levels of performance dependent on the browser, while others will not.

You make no sense at all. The benchmarks test for specific behavior and they explain why they are important. The benchmarks show that certain types of sites will have very, very different levels of performance dependent on the browser, while others will not.

The benchmark test that you posted has a differentiation from the fastest (Chrome) to the slowest (IE) in fractions of a second. When the difference between the fastest and the slowest is less than one second, it really comes down to personal preference. I like both Firefox and Chrome myself and it has much more to do with a cleaner look and functionality than it does with speed of either browser.

A comparison: Your friend has a car that will run 1/4 mile in 11.8 seconds. Your car runs 1/4 mile in 12.1 seconds. Both cars are fast and in real world driving you likely wouldn't be able to guess which one is faster.

Archived