Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your web browser? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Chrome. Recommend it to all of our clients for running our company's HTML5 web app on anything but a Mac. Safari still reigns supreme in Mac-land for us.

Firefox would do similarly well, but it loads slower, IE9 -- we still haven't vetted IE9 and it's ability to embrace HTML5-goodness.

The fact that you can use the url field for google search in chrome is a game changer.

Doable in all of them.

And HTML-5 is a big reason why Chrome and Firefox outclass IE 9.

---------- Post added March-27th-2011 at 11:02 PM ----------

Chrome.

I tried Firefox 4 and got rid of it the same day. Not as good as Chrome and they still haven't added jump lists. How lazy can you get?

Firefox can use jumplists through Windows 7. What is Chrome's jumplist functionality?

---------- Post added March-27th-2011 at 11:03 PM ----------

Chrome.

I tried Firefox 4 and got rid of it the same day. Not as good as Chrome and they still haven't added jump lists. How lazy can you get?

Firefox 4.0 can use jumplists through Windows 7. What is Chrome's jumplist functionality?

I'm still on FF 3.6X. I downloaded and installed 4 on one of my computers the other day and I started having trouble with freezing up and the fonts (which I set really large using the windows screen resolution setting). 3.6 picks up that, while my fonts are representative of a lower resolution 1980x1200, I'm really running at 2560x1600. As a result it shows the fonts in web pages at the right size (large) where I can see them (optic neuritis) without messing with the display of images, etc (they still benefit from the higher resolution).

4 didn't pick that up so the fonts size that resulted is too small for me to read. I have to actually reset the resolution to a lower one to be able to read. Since I'm gaming on the system at 2560x1600 I don't want to have to go switching resolutions all the time. Since 3.6 picked up the situation ok, I imagine it's just a matter of time till 4 does too. I am looking forward to running graphics on the gpu and seeing how much difference that makes. I have a GTX 570 so it should be able unload all that windows can throw at it.

Archived