Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

33 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

My rep said they are talking about some sort of benefit for those that defer as opposed to refund but they have not settled on anything yet.

Ideas? 

Maybe a gift card to be used for concessions worth 10% of your season tickets? That wouldn't cost them much money at all but I think it would be a nice incentive that would help convince some people to defer. A 20% or 25% card would be even more convincing;)

• Like 1

I got the email today and opted for the refund.  Mrs. Skinsfan is so disgusted with the whole name change thing, (and the NFL in general) that she will never attend, or watch,  another NFL game again.

I'll have to find someone to split my tickets with. If that doesn't pan out, I'll give them up and hit the aftermarket for games.  

Here's the gist of the email. I chose the credit.

Screenshot_20200811-180141_AOL.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

On 8/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, Howie411 said:

To let them keep $2000+ for a whole extra year, they better offer something more then a shirt or a gift card.  I mean come on.

You ever stop to wonder how much interest they'd earn letting all that money just sit for a year? 

The ticket office called me today, they wanted to know if I wanted a refund and if I had any questions. First thing the guy told me was the first 2 home games would be empty stadium games and the rest of the season was wait and see. I was surprised to hear that, since that's not what the email they just sent me, that day said. I asked if there was going to be any incentive to not take the refund, he flat out said no, but would let me know if that changes. I got the feeling it wasn't going to change, but I don't think they are sure about anything.  I guess the incentive would be if they said you could come to game 3 or whatever, you would already be paid up. The guy on the phone, called the team the Redskins, every time, when referring to the team. I don't care, but it surprised me. I got the feeling the whole thing was a fly by the seat of your pants operation. Especially, since one day they send me an email asking if I wanted to go to the games, the next day they send me an email saying it will be an empty stadium and hours later they tell me on the phone, maybe you can go after the first 2 games. Who knows? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Last House said:

The ticket office called me today, they wanted to know if I wanted a refund and if I had any questions. First thing the guy told me was the first 2 home games would be empty stadium games and the rest of the season was wait and see. I was surprised to hear that, since that's not what the email they just sent me, that day said. I asked if there was going to be any incentive to not take the refund, he flat out said no, but would let me know if that changes. I got the feeling it wasn't going to change, but I don't think they are sure about anything.  I guess the incentive would be if they said you could come to game 3 or whatever, you would already be paid up. The guy on the phone, called the team the Redskins, every time, when referring to the team. I don't care, but it surprised me. I got the feeling the whole thing was a fly by the seat of your pants operation. Especially, since one day they send me an email asking if I wanted to go to the games, the next day they send me an email saying it will be an empty stadium and hours later they tell me on the phone, maybe you can go after the first 2 games. Who knows? 

I got my email on Tuesday about wanting more information around 2 pm.  On Wednesday, I got the email about fans not attending at 8 am.  So what changed in 18 hours?  One would think that they would've asked all of the appropriate questions of state and local government agencies about their thoughts and plans for safety.  My best guess is that their submitted plan for safety and sanitization was rejected.  

My rep said something different.  It does sound like this is all seat of the pants, or that the left and right hand don't know what the others are doing.  I also got a call from someone who left a voicemail, but he did call it the Washington Football Team.  Here is what my rep said via email: 

At this time, we are not having fans in the stadium for 2020. Now, if that changed upon evaluation half way through the season then we would sell tickets as single game tickets. In that scenario, we would have a presale for people who were season ticket members to give them priority. Choosing a refund or credit will not impact your ability to do this. But, a refund would go back to the card used where the credit would be applied to 2021 tickets. If for some reason we did have single game tickets that you bought you cold also use the credit on your account towards those as you mentioned. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything at all!

Honestly, I took the refund.  At least the Orioles are giving me a 125% credit, so a quarter of my 2022 tickets can have a deposit.  Meanwhile, the WFT isn't even offering us vouchers or reduced parking or anything to stay on.  If my money isn't doing anything for me, I want it back.  

On 8/5/2020 at 10:48 PM, Howie411 said:

To let them keep $2000+ for a whole extra year, they better offer something more then a shirt or a gift card.  I mean come on.

Agreed.  At least the Orioles are offering 125% credit, so it's essentially a quarter of my cost for 2022.  That's a pretty good deal if you view it as a short-term investment.  With the WFT offering nothing, I want it back.  My money needs to be working for me, and if they aren't offering anything close to that deal that the Orioles are offering, I want it back.  

Edited by ThomasTomasz

On 8/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

I got the email today and opted for the refund.  Mrs. Skinsfan is so disgusted with the whole name change thing, (and the NFL in general) that she will never attend, or watch,  another NFL game again.

I'll have to find someone to split my tickets with. If that doesn't pan out, I'll give them up and hit the aftermarket for games.  

Here's the gist of the email. I chose the credit.

Honestly, the aftermarket might be where I am at as well.  I like where I sit, but with club level seats coming down and the weather being an issue later in the season, I might look at the secondary market too.  I admit, I have a low opinion on Ron Rivera, and I think this roster is pretty devoid of talent, so I think turning this around is going to take two seasons until we see a team that is legitimately ready to make moves.  Combine that with how everyone hates the current stadium and a new one still in limbo, I expect the secondary market to be the much better option at this point.  

Heck, with the bars currently located in each end zone with Red Zone on all TVs, you can just get cheap tickets for the upper deck and stand at the bar for most of the game.  Most of the lower level fans stand anyway due to the dream seats. 

14 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I got my email on Tuesday about wanting more information around 2 pm.  On Wednesday, I got the email about fans not attending at 8 am.  So what changed in 18 hours?  One would think that they would've asked all of the appropriate questions of state and local government agencies about their thoughts and plans for safety.  My best guess is that their submitted plan for safety and sanitization was rejected.  

My rep said something different.  It does sound like this is all seat of the pants, or that the left and right hand don't know what the others are doing.  I also got a call from someone who left a voicemail, but he did call it the Washington Football Team.  Here is what my rep said via email: 

Honestly, I took the refund.  At least the Orioles are giving me a 125% credit, so a quarter of my 2022 tickets can have a deposit.  Meanwhile, the WFT isn't even offering us vouchers or reduced parking or anything to stay on.  If my money isn't doing anything for me, I want it back.  

Agreed.  At least the Orioles are offering 125% credit, so it's essentially a quarter of my cost for 2022.  That's a pretty good deal if you view it as a short-term investment.  With the WFT offering nothing, I want it back.  My money needs to be working for me, and if they aren't offering anything close to that deal that the Orioles are offering, I want it back.  

Did you notice at the bottom of the link for picking refund etc it says:  "Premium Members (Club & Dream Seat Members) will automatically have an additional year added to their membership agreement."

Not that I have premium seats but is that even legal?   I find it hard to believe the folks who have those seats contract says they can do that if fans aren't allowed in the stadium.

4 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Did you notice at the bottom of the link for picking refund etc it says:  "Premium Members (Club & Dream Seat Members) will automatically have an additional year added to their membership agreement."

Not that I have premium seats but is that even legal?   I find it hard to believe the folks who have those seats contract says they can do that if fans aren't allowed in the stadium.

I did notice that.  Part of me things they probably have a force majeure clause in that contract, but knowing how little they sometimes pay attention to the details, I could also see it not being in there.  I imagine quite a few people are going to be taking a long look at their contracts. 

On 8/13/2020 at 12:17 AM, Last House said:

From my Rep:

"Correct, We will not be having fans in the stadium this season. You have the option to receive a refund or credit to your 2021 season tickets.

You do have the option to stop payments on your payment plan this year and continue next season. Unfortunately, we do not have any incentive options to offer when it comes to the refund vs deferring."

FYI: Although it’s not on the online form as an option, you can call your ticket rep and ask them to send a check. Since I already had paid off my credit card bill, I requested that and they asked me to select “None of these” on the form.

I also verified my seat location is assured for 2021. Same as you all, I have no interest (haha) in Snyder making interest on my money for a year. 

The WFT is definitely in need of anything close to decent administrative office management (probably all Allen was helpful with? (except for looking the other way or encouraging sexual harassment)). I don’t know why anyone would want to work for Snyder, but per the sexual harassment articles, working for an NFL team of any sort is highly competitive. 

Joy

On 8/5/2020 at 12:12 PM, Hoover-ball said:

My rep said they are talking about some sort of benefit for those that defer as opposed to refund but they have not settled on anything yet.

Ideas? 

Don't get why anyone would buy season tickets. Basically throwing money away as you can get almost any seat on a weekly basis at a significant discount. 

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

Don't get why anyone would buy season tickets. Basically throwing money away as you can get almost any seat on a weekly basis at a significant discount. 

Some people like having the seats in certain locations, like the aisle, in the 200 section under cover, or any number of reasons.  Also, the parking passes you buy are cheaper than just about anything you can get on the secondary market.  I got purple passes this winter for $50 each game, and I paid $75-100 on the secondary market the past two years.  

Also, if the team has an upswing, then you have your preferred location locked in.  

Personally, I found great seats that I enjoy, and I am going to ride it out until they relocate.  If it goes to DC and the tailgating scene is non-existent, I won't carry my tickets over.  If it is deep into Virginia, the same thing will happen.  I'm also not paying an exorbitant PSL fee either. 

11 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Some people like having the seats in certain locations, like the aisle, in the 200 section under cover, or any number of reasons.  Also, the parking passes you buy are cheaper than just about anything you can get on the secondary market.  I got purple passes this winter for $50 each game, and I paid $75-100 on the secondary market the past two years.  

Also, if the team has an upswing, then you have your preferred location locked in.  

Personally, I found great seats that I enjoy, and I am going to ride it out until they relocate.  If it goes to DC and the tailgating scene is non-existent, I won't carry my tickets over.  If it is deep into Virginia, the same thing will happen.  I'm also not paying an exorbitant PSL fee either. 

Ya I never understood that.  The parking passes always held their value or were sold for more (even after ticket sales dropped to nothing).  I decided to let them keep my money for now though I did stop the payments, I think I only had 1 or 2 left, so it was really only like $1200 or so.  I kinda wanting to see how it plays out.

17 hours ago, nonniey said:

I do not get why people come on a season ticket holder thread to question why people get season tickets.

I enjoy knowing I have the whole season but besides what was said above there are perks like field access which my kid loves and memorabilia. The best I got was a three day all inclusive trip to the Bahamas with Doug Williams and a dozen other players. It included a golf tournament. Well worth season ticktes.

18 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

I do not get why people come on a season ticket holder thread to question why people get season tickets.

I enjoy knowing I have the whole season but besides what was said above there are perks like field access which my kid loves and memorabilia. The best I got was a three day all inclusive trip to the Bahamas with Doug Williams and a dozen other players. It included a golf tournament. Well worth season ticktes.

Or my 3 day all expense paid trip to the Pro Bowl. (yes I know we are in the minority) but obviously having chances to win stuff like this is great.

• Like 1